BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

To be honest I'm surprised anyone is surprised at this.

We're not the first or only ones for this to happen to. How many on this board care about Leeds, Portsmouth, Stockport, Blackpool, Bolton, Charlton, Wimbledon, Villa. Probably about the same as me, I care that it's disgraceful and sad what is done to some football clubs by irresponsible owners who just don't get it. But I don't care enough to join their fight.

Significant support from opposition fans jaded and accustomed to this type of injustice was always gonna be hard to come by.

Support from the media, well they're too busy salivating over Man Utd's revival and the opportunity to reconnect with the tens of millions of chavvy, shallow, bellend glory hunting p***** that support them. They barely care about the ruin of Leeds, a huge one-club city, were they ever gonna care about us?

And the final supporting actor in all this, the FA. Well, when it comes to selling your soul to the devil in exchange for money, power and self-preservation, the FA are shameful, UEFA are despicable and FIFA are a downright abomination. The beautiful game is run by ugly criminals.

That's a bitch of a post. Spot on and well said sir.

The Coventry situation was a disgrace, an absolute joke. Just in case, they had to play their home games in Northampton. 34 (!?!!) miles away.

A ridiculous situation. The FA didn't care, the FL couldn't care less. I thought it was a bad do. Shrugged my shoulders. Forgot about it.

Too much money swilling around. Far too much. The game is knackered unfortunately. Like money others, nigh on everyone on here, I'd just like to be able to support something honest and pure. I don't care which division, chances are I better not either, I just want to start again with good people in charge.

I'm asking a lot obviously...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's encouraging that the protests are getting some attention now. Tonight's Ch 5 highlights focused on the situation as the main point of the game and as long as it's highlighted this means more bad publicity for the XXXs which is the best option for driving them out.

That's a bitch of a post. Spot on and well said sir.

The Coventry situation was a disgrace, an absolute joke. Just in case, they had to play their home games in Northampton. 34 (!?!!) miles away.

A ridiculous situation. The FA didn't care, the FL couldn't care less. I thought it was a bad do. Shrugged my shoulders. Forgot about it.

Too much money swilling around. Far too much. The game is knackered unfortunately. Like money others, nigh on everyone on here, I'd just like to be able to support something honest and pure. I don't care which division, chances are I better not either, I just want to start again with good people in charge.

I'm asking a lot obviously...

Thanks, think my hatred of ManUre might have come out at one point, few Saturday night cans :)

Great post yourself and totally agree. I'd forgotten about Coventry (which says a lot in itself I fear).

I've got to the point where I feel in an ideal world the FA would re-write the league rules to insist every club must be run as a non-profit organisation. Running football as a business costs too much to fans, in emotional damage more than financial. Religions don't invite big business in to run them and football is a type of religion to many, if not most.

I want to start again to be honest (hence my topic a week or so ago). I don't think the Blackburn Grammar School lads who got together to set us up 140 years ago would have had any qualms about doing so if they'd witnessed the hijacking of their club by some cricket-loving chicken farmers living 5,000 miles away who couldn't give a monkeys how we were getting on.

I'm resigned to the fact Venkys are going nowhere! They either have their hands tied over they simply don't give two hoots!!

Owen Coyle was the worst possible appointment and this was a big 2 fingers up to the supporters! If Mike Cheston didnt realise this he's as numb as the chicken farmers!

Cheston had bog all to do with it I think he's more or less admitted as much. The call for the latest window dressing stooge came from god knows where.....

Cheston had bog all to do with it I think he's more or less admitted as much. The call for the latest window dressing stooge came from god knows where.....

True. Cheston is a small-time mouthpiece and puppet. He's trying to earn a living in an impossible situation doing the job of what John Williams, Tom Finn and probably three or four others used to do. The difference is that John Williams and Tom Finn were men of principle who saw through the 'regime' almost immediately and walked. Perhaps Cheston is almost at breaking/walking point himself, who knows?

Very well done Glen, you could not have said much more in the allotted time.

You came across as a fan who really cared about his club, that will have resonated with most football fans

around the country.

Absolutely. You must have had a written note in front of you Glen to be so fluent and not miss anything out. Impossible to get any more in than you did in the time available.

As for Savage with his "so sads"I think he might have been trying to indicate to us he was on our side. Close as he could get without breaking the BBC neutrality rule maybe?

True. Cheston is a small-time mouthpiece and puppet. He's trying to earn a living in an impossible situation doing the job of what John Williams, Tom Finn and probably three or four others used to do. The difference is that John Williams and Tom Finn were men of principle who saw through the 'regime' almost immediately and walked. Perhaps Cheston is almost at breaking/walking point himself, who knows?

He still runs his own business as well I think so he's a bit of a superman doing 3 jobs at Rovers plus that. More like he's just another part time gravy train mon who shrugs his shoulders and says not my fault chaps !

Being associated with a sinking ship won't do his rep much good though no matter what the perks so wouldn't be surprised if he gets to a point he's had enough.

Some folk will just argue the toss.

One bloke told me in the Blues Bar that the Venkys are very near to a cure for all cancers. Mind boggling.

Just getting caught up. He didn't keep licking his lips by any chance, did he??

One thing has been bothering me these past few days, and it boils down to what I have termed the 1960s brigade.

There are certain individuals on twitter who own blogs, who have been demeaning the boycotts, all because 'they have already been through all this in the 60s and 70s' and so there is no need to do it all again as it didn't help back then.

I was born in 1987, so all I have known are the Walker years and Venky years. The 60s was 60 years ago, Venkys are happening now. Your club is being destroyed now and you are happy to sit back because of memories and demean younger fans who want to do something about it.

I know people some boycotters have a go at people who don't boycott which is out of order, but it works both ways and the ugly truth is some of our older fans are just sitting and laughing whilst the club their grandchildren should be watching in the future burns to a crisp

One thing has been bothering me these past few days, and it boils down to what I have termed the 1960s brigade.

There are certain individuals on twitter who own blogs, who have been demeaning the boycotts, all because 'they have already been through all this in the 60s and 70s' and so there is no need to do it all again as it didn't help back then.

I was born in 1987, so all I have known are the Walker years and Venky years. The 60s was 60 years ago, Venkys are happening now. Your club is being destroyed now and you are happy to sit back because of memories and demean younger fans who want to do something about it.

I know people some boycotters have a go at people who don't boycott which is out of order, but it works both ways and the ugly truth is some of our older fans are just sitting and laughing whilst the club their grandchildren should be watching in the future burns to a crisp

Supporter demonstrations helped remove Jim Iley, so it did have an effect then

I have been writing my story of the last 5 years through my eyes on my new blog

I'm up to up part 3 , but hope it will give some insight but also jog my memory of something we have perhaps missed

http://roversrevisited2.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/the-aftermath_28.html?m=1

Keep 'em coming Glen. Great reading.

Some of them make me laugh with the holier than thou attitudes as if you look back in history Rovers fans deserted the club in thousands after they went down in 1965 and only really came back regularly in the Walker years. I'd presume that was people of all ages walking away just as now. No idea what was happening then but there was certainly no Venkys scenario.

I started going in the 80's as a kid and remember the usually tiny crowds yet Liverpool come in the cup the place was full, week after back to 4k. Shockingly bad and it makes me wonder where some of these super fans where then :blink:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I've placed an order with the rover store as its free delivery this weekend

Just waiting on their response for:

- New Owners

- New Manager

- 3Points any time soon.

Said to deliver to Ewood Park :)

Strangely resonant with another debate...........VEXIT!

Supporter demonstrations helped remove Jim Iley, so it did have an effect then

The difference was the directors were sat in the directors box every match and got the abuse. The local paper was filled with letters telling the board to do something. Indeed, the Lancashire Evening Telegraph was leading the campaign to get rid of Iley. When local board members are facing that sort of campaign on a daily basis and it impacts on their own lives you have more chance of changing things. The Rao family are on the other side of the world and are immune to demonstrations in Blackburn.

The difference was the directors were sat in the directors box every match and got the abuse. The local paper was filled with letters telling the board to do something. Indeed, the Lancashire Evening Telegraph was leading the campaign to get rid of Iley. When local board members are facing that sort of campaign on a daily basis and it impacts on their own lives you have more chance of changing things. The Rao family are on the other side of the world and are immune to demonstrations in Blackburn.

True.

I would still like to know who the 4 suits were in the directors area, they started looking around when the Venkys out chants started.

Looked like high end Indian business types

It seems to be an excuse to do nothing Parson, if we keep making excuses to do nothing we'll not have a team to support.

Over the past few weeks the campaign to rid the club of the Roas has picked up momentum, we've got the local MP, media outlets and supporters all looking to put pressure on the owners.

I have the utmost respect for you as a poster and a fan, but we need supporters like you and your die hard friends to get behind this campaign, give it more credibility, don't just say 'they're immune to demonstration' without even trying. That sadly seems to be the 'Blackburn way' of late, please get on board and lets get this once proud football club back on an even keel for the generations to come.

That's utter garbage. You seem to like tarring everyone with the same brush.

At least the oldies smashed the windows in on Nuttal Street. I can remember when we wanted rid of Saxton it was only when Bill Fox got the grief that he got rid.

Mmmmmm,

They bought the Neville house in the end didn't they !!!

Archived