BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the feeling of lack of communication between Blackburn @Rovers' owners and the club's owners? Mike Cheston gave this response - https://t.co/xK10ggWKmh

Owners  statement

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/statement-on-behalf-of-the-owners-3650133.aspx

Q: Are you planning for two eventualities?

PS: "We do have a plan in the event of relegation.

"We don't want to entertain that thought but are looking at it both on and off the pitch.

"Conversations are ongoing in all departments if we are relegated and what the world would look like."

PS remains confident that under Tony Mowbray Rovers have a great chance of staying in the Championship.

PS: "We have the ninth highest wage bill in the Championship". Also outlines that "Ewood Park will have all four stands open next season."

Q: Can you guarantee we won't go in to administration in the next two years?

MC: "I can't guarantee things like that.

"You can never say never.

"The likelihood is definitely not."

PS: "At this moment in time there's no chance of administration - this club is doing ok, there's scope for improvement on and off the pitch, for where we are and the short-term future the club is on course to manage our bills."

6:54pm

Q: Why the need for all the short-term loans?

MC: "These are all things that business have to deal with to manage cash flows.

"We should not rely solely on the funding of the owners.

"The extent of the short-term loan is temporarily and relatively small."

Q: Concerns over the role of agents/SEM/Kentaro?

PS: "We have no agency advising us.

"I take no counsel from any agents or agency.

"We have no reliance on agents.

"It's encumbent on me to have a good network, but we're player not agent driven.

"I can't look back, I understand tensions of the past, but if a player is good enough and meets our criteria we will obviously have to meet with agents

Paul Senior & Mike Cheston responded jointly to a question about finances and club debt at Blackburn @Rovers - https://t.co/uBbufrvanx

Greg Coar announces that Season Tickets out next week with a new membership scheme to be announced.

Season tickets will go on sale next month.

Renewal process will be shaken up, with a lot more focus online.

7:04pm

Greg Coar, head of commercial management, now speaking about season tickets.

7:04pm

Q: Pre-season will there be games abroad?

PS: "Discussions are ongoing with Tony as to what our pre-season plans will be.

"There are no plans to play games abroad, had invitations, it will be Tony's decision.

"We are considering a number of options at this moment in time."

7:02pm

Q: Will there be more than £250,000 spent in the summer window?

MC: "We made bids for other players that weren't accepted.

"We got a number of players in on loan and worked within our means.

"Mixed results (on summer recruitment).

"When you bring a manager in you support the manager."

PS: "January when there was pressure to bring in lots of players, I spent January assessing the squad.

"We had the ninth highest wage bill, we had some good players.  The talent is there.

"In terms of recruitment, Tony is here, good recruitment decisions, the management team we have put together is a good decision.

"In terms of January, our recruitment for where our priorities and needs are has been positive."

Early bird season tickets will be frozen at £299 until the end of May in the Blackburn End, with the second phase seeing a rise to £349.

Season tickets will be on sale from Wednesday.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Quite like that.

In theory it's good but if we are going to overlook 'quality and experience' and call it 'hunger and personality' then we need to have the as permanent players rather than speculative loans and unwanted cast-offs. These young lads still cost money because they are in demand.

Things would look a whole lot better if we had spent a transfer fee worthy of the description in the last 2-3 years.

@Andyneil74

more information on the website tomorrow with Season Tickets available from next Wednesday with a new supporters club '1875 club'

These kind of initiatives are like Venkys have left but they are still here. :angry:

Way to run our noses in it.

Just now, Stuart said:

In theory it's good but if we are going to overlook 'quality and experience' and call it 'hunger and personality' then we need to have the as permanent players rather than speculative loans and unwanted cast-offs. These young lads still cost money because they are in demand.

Things would look a whole lot better if we had spent a transfer fee worthy of the description in the last 2-3 years.

Agree 100%. You have to spend money to make money. We aren't going to find good, hungry, 'on the way up', players that we can sell for a higher fee for free.

We have complained for the last 5 years about ST's being on sale late, at least they get that right.

Now what about: the owners; the robbing agents; results; getting fans back; the zilch atmosphere; crap ale; price of the pies; no effective management structure for starters.

Bring back Wagon Wheels (the old size) and I may get a ST.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

'I want to give you a team you're proud to watch'

Blackburn @Rovers head coach, Tony Mowbray - https://t.co/XS11341w14

This is how Tony Mowbray inspires his Blackburn @Rovers players after learning from his own experiences - https://t.co/S97INvPsn4

I like that :)

The meeting was another farce, in terms of Cheston, what is the guy doing, his slide show looked like it was produced in a cresh! 

Mowbray spoke well and is very passionate about the game and about the club.

Senior laughed at the remark in regards to his wife being an agent.

Cheston said he couldn't guarantee that we won't go into administration.

Just now, AAK said:

The meeting was another farce, in terms of Cheston, what is the guy doing, his slide show looked like it was produced in a cresh! 

Mowbray spoke well and is very passionate about the game and about the club.

Senior laughed at the remark in regards to his wife being an agent.

Cheston said he couldn't guarantee that we won't go into administration.

Did you say anything?

Just now, RV Blue said:

Did you say anything?

No, boring asking the same questions and getting the same answers. As soon as cheston said the owners couldn't even be bothered to Skype into the meeting then I couldn't be bothered.

Just now, AAK said:

The promotional video for the season tickets was pretty decent. Also sounds like Mahoney doesn't want to sign that contract.

Which fan group were you with? Were all the fan groups there and fully represented? Do you know who was there from the Rovers Trust?

Just now, AAK said:

The promotional video for the season tickets was pretty decent. Also sounds like Mahoney doesn't want to sign that contract.

Apparently he's been offered 4 times as much elsewhere.. It's a short career you've got to get the best possible deal on offer 

Just now, Athlete said:

Apparently he's been offered 4 times as much elsewhere.. It's a short career you've got to get the best possible deal on offer 

Burnley being one of the suitors 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Which fan group were you with? Were all the fan groups there and fully represented? Do you know who was there from the Rovers Trust?

NYC mate. Not everyone turned up, but I don't know who, I don't know who some people are and I don't know who was there from rovers trust pal. I didn't really have a look at the list. 

Archived