BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

• Backroom

I have expressed my concern as a Deaf/HOH fans to Lynsey Talbot:

Dear Lynsey,

I notice the the club recently distributed an audio file from Radio Lancashire to serve as 'minutes' for the recent meeting with fans.

As a Deaf person I struggle to access this, and find it very odd that no written in uses of the meeting have been published.

Especially as written minutes are the traditional method of meetings, particularly from an established company such as my beloved Rovers, I find the audio file extremely odd.

Can you please direct me to written minutes, as none can be found by the Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, BRFCS.COM, or EwoodBlues?

I feel this is potentially a matter of discrimination against Deaf/HOH fans, especially as lots of parts of the audio are quite muffled (according to friends with better hearing than me). I'm also led to believe that certain parts of the eating are not picked up by the microphone, including the alleged disgusting behaviour from Robert Coar, telling a fan he'll 'see you in court'.

If the club cannot be truthful with its lifeblood fans, it's a great shame.

As a sidenote, I wish to express my sorrow that someone as helpful as yourself is 'lumped in' with the pathetic hierarchy now at the club. I recall you getting me a meeting with John Williams re: some concerns I once had with the club's audio system and the issue was resolved immediately over a cup of tea. I miss those days.

Regards,

Lifelong fan, Michael

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Lynsey,

I notice the the club recently distributed an audio file from Radio Lancashire to serve as 'minutes' for the recent meeting with fans.

As a Deaf person I struggle to access this, and find it very odd that no written in uses of the meeting have been published.

Especially as written minutes are the traditional method of meetings, particularly from an established company such as my beloved Rovers, I find the audio file extremely odd.

Can you please direct me to written minutes, as none can be found by the Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, BRFCS.COM, or EwoodBlues?

I feel this is potentially a matter of discrimination against Deaf/HOH fans, especially as lots of parts of the audio are quite muffled (according to friends with better hearing than me). I'm also led to believe that certain parts of the eating are not picked up by the microphone, including the alleged disgusting behaviour from Robert Coar, telling a fan he'll 'see you in court'.

As a sidenote, I wish to express my sorrow that someone as helpful as yourself is 'lumped in' with the pathetic hierarchy now at the club. I recall you getting me a meeting with John Williams re: some concerns I once had with the club's audio system and the issue was resolved immediately over a cup of tea. I miss those days.

Regards,

Lifelong fan, Michael

This was something that I was thinking when they announced the minutes would only be available over an audio file. They have completely marginalised a section of the supporter base due to their weird agenda. Why on earth is it such a hassle to obtain minutes from a meeting? That is just basic common practice.

The level of professionalism at Blackburn Rovers is absurd - it must surely point to the fact that something underhand is going on. It is not plausible that this professionalism has been continued by several changes in staff. Surely someone, somewhere, has raised concerns and put in processes to stop this nonsense.

Dear Lynsey,

Regards,

Lifelong fan, Michael

Thats class.

Could someone at the meeting confirm if this article covers all the questions and answers from the meeting please? Oops, forgot the link.....

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14774858._They_have_no_intention_of_selling_the_club____report_on_Blackburn_Rovers_supporters____consultation_meeting/

I wasn't at the meeting, but already know it doesn't. If I am not mistaken, documented minutes need to be presented to the attendees and they are supposed be given the opportunity to accept them as true and accurate.

I just found this after a quick Google search and I am sure there are many more articles on the subject. Perhaps all the attendees of the meeting should write to the club and complain that the audio minutes are not, accurate and complete. Copy the EFL in and perhaps make a fuss big enough to attract the attention of the media. Perhaps run something along side the Red card day about it.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8677117_happens-meeting-minutes-not-approved.html

I wasn't at the meeting, but already know it doesn't. If I am not mistaken, documented minutes need to be presented to the attendees and they are supposed be given the opportunity to accept them as true and accurate.I just found this after a quick Google search and I am sure there are many more articles on the subject. Perhaps all the attendees of the meeting should write to the club and complain that the audio minutes are not, accurate and complete. Copy the EFL in and perhaps make a fuss big enough to attract the attention of the media. Perhaps run something along side the Red card day about it.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8677117_happens-meeting-minutes-not-approved.html

Could you give me examples of omitted Q and A's please? This is part of the club's reply.........

I understand your frustration in not having a copy of the written minutes from the meeting. We took a decision that the best way to record these would be to invite both BBC Radio Lancashire and the Lancashire Telegraph to attend in order for these to be independent. I have attached the link from the Lancashire Telegraph. This refers to all the topics discussed on the evening and clearly notes the quotes made by those on the panel.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14774858._They_have_no_intention_of_selling_the_club____report_on_Blackburn_Rovers_supporters____consultation_meeting/

We need to make sure the club don't get away with this one. It is unacceptable, unprofessional, absurd and highly suspicious that they are trying to put this to bed by directing fans towards the Radio Lancashire recording. I contacted Lyndsey Talbot about this almost two weeks ago and am still waiting for an acknowledgement or response. The club are deliberately trying to ignore this issue and hope people forget about it.

There's absolutely no reason why they wouldn't produce written minutes for circulation with signatures from those in attendance as an accepted record of what took place. There are only two explanations, they've either got something they want to hide or they really are that lazy and unprofessional that they don't think there is a need or reason for written minutes.

I'm determined to pursue this. In the grand scheme its a minor issue but its something that ought to be easily rectified and something that the 'authorities' in football should be able to get answers about.

Could you give me examples of omitted Q and A's please? This is part of the club's reply.........

I understand your frustration in not having a copy of the written minutes from the meeting. We took a decision that the best way to record these would be to invite both BBC Radio Lancashire and the Lancashire Telegraph to attend in order for these to be independent. I have attached the link from the Lancashire Telegraph. This refers to all the topics discussed on the evening and clearly notes the quotes made by those on the panel.

That's completely unacceptable. Independent minutes would be produced by a designated minute taker then typed up and circulated among all those present for consideration, and then if there were any inaccuracies they would be raised at the next meeting and possibly amended before an agreed document could be signed by the main people involved and held on record as an accurate account.

Radio Lancashire and Lancashire Telegraph are not independent. They both rely heavily on a good relationship with the club. Both had opportunities to amend/alter/edit the account of the meetings before printing them and broadcasting them on the radio.

That's the beauty with radio - a few hours in a room on a computer and a recording can be altered to suit anyone's agenda with inconvenient parts omitted.

We need to make sure the club don't get away with this one. It is unacceptable, unprofessional, absurd and highly suspicious that they are trying to put this to bed by directing fans towards the Radio Lancashire recording. I contacted Lyndsey Talbot about this almost two weeks ago and am still waiting for an acknowledgement or response. The club are deliberately trying to ignore this issue and hope people forget about it.

There's absolutely no reason why they wouldn't produce written minutes for circulation with signatures from those in attendance as an accepted record of what took place. There are only two explanations, they've either got something they want to hide or they really are that lazy and unprofessional that they don't think there is a need or reason for written minutes.

I'm determined to pursue this. In the grand scheme its a minor issue but its something that ought to be easily rectified and something that the 'authorities' in football should be able to get answers about.

That's completely unacceptable. Independent minutes would be produced by a designated minute taker then typed up and circulated among all those present for consideration, and then if there were any inaccuracies they would be raised at the next meeting and possibly amended before an agreed document could be signed by the main people involved and held on record as an accurate account.

Radio Lancashire and Lancashire Telegraph are not independent. They both rely heavily on a good relationship with the club. Both had opportunities to amend/alter/edit the account of the meetings before printing them and broadcasting them on the radio.

That's the beauty with radio - a few hours in a room on a computer and a recording can be altered to suit anyone's agenda with inconvenient parts omitted.

Keep up the good work JHR.

Why doesn't somebody who was present write up the minutes? They could use the Telegraph write up as an aide memoir and add the important items that have been missed, including the Coar outburst and post them on here. They can then be presented for approval as the official minutes in the absence of any other written minutes. The Rovers could then table any objections and ask for amendments but by then the minutes would be out there for anyone to read.

"Could you give me examples of omitted Q and A's please?"

Anyone?

I wasn't these Den, but I know for certain that a question was asked of Rob Coar, which caused him to threaten the fan with Court action. This caused the asker of the question to leave the meeting, along with some other members of his group. I am sure that someone there will clarify this, but the question was along the lines of, asking Mr Coar, why he has not spoken out about alleged strange activity at the club, given his position at the FA?

if I am wrong with that, I apologise in advance, but I think that is somewhere near accurate.

I wasn't these Den, but I know for certain that a question was asked of Rob Coar, which caused him to threaten the fan with Court action. This caused the asker of the question to leave the meeting, along with some other members of his group. I am sure that someone there will clarify this, but the question was along the lines of, asking Mr Coar, why he has not spoken out about alleged strange activity at the club, given his position at the FA?

if I am wrong with that, I apologise in advance, but I think that is somewhere near accurate.

I'm fairly sure there was absolutely nothing of that sort included in the broadcast on Radio Lancashire the day after the meeting. It is this issue which is driving me in my pursuit of full minutes and a blow by blow account of what went on. I want to know the exact nature of the question put to Mr Coar and the nature of his response. I don't think that's too much to ask for. If they can omit something so important and serious as a 30+ year board member and former Chairman threatening legal action at the meeting, then what else did they conveniently forget to broadcast during their editing process?

Yes, the Telegraph and Radio Lancashire are 'impartial' claim Rovers. Not in my book they aren't.

That is actually included in the LT article linked.

I do believe that other things were discussed, but not reported.

Look, for me the EFL initiative is a good move and should be welcomed by the club and the fans. There's been so much distrust over the last 6 years, you would think the club in particular would relish the chance to come forward with open, honest debate. I've said this and more in emails to the club, but for some reason they stubbornly refuse to publish their minutes. I'm waiting for another reply at the moment, so I'll wait and see what their attitude is. I've already contacted the EFL and I'll contact them again if necessary.

Either the club takes this seriously, or they don't. If they don't, the EFL will know about it and it will be down to them or the fans reps at the next EFL meeting to take the issue further.

That is actually included in the LT article linked.

I do believe that other things were discussed, but not reported.

Look, for me the EFL initiative is a good move and should be welcomed by the club and the fans. There's been so much distrust over the last 6 years, you would think the club in particular would relish the chance to come forward with open, honest debate. I've said this and more in emails to the club, but for some reason they stubbornly refuse to publish their minutes. I'm waiting for another reply at the moment, so I'll wait and see what their attitude is. I've already contacted the EFL and I'll contact them again if necessary.

Either the club takes this seriously, or they don't. If they don't, the EFL will know about it and it will be down to them or the fans reps at the next EFL meeting to take the issue further.

Just a thought, but for the next meeting, it may be a good idea for one of the attendees to take a recording device. Also, perhaps the minutes can be taken by a fan, rather than the club. See to it, that the club agree to this in advance and they the know there is nowhere to hide.

I think there was reference made to Uncle Jack, hence why it hit him a bit more personally and caused the outburst. Something along the lines of 'Would you be able to look Jack in the eye, and honestly say you had done everything you could?' I wasn't there either, but that is my recollection of documented events.

• Backroom

I think there was reference made to Uncle Jack, hence why it hit him a bit more personally and caused the outburst. Something along the lines of 'Would you be able to look Jack in the eye, and honestly say you had done everything you could?' I wasn't there either, but that is my recollection of documented events.

Quite right, but even this admittedly personal question was only asked after twice not answering it when posed more neutrally.

Just a thought, but for the next meeting, it may be a good idea for one of the attendees to take a recording device. Also, perhaps the minutes can be taken by a fan, rather than the club. See to it, that the club agree to this in advance and they the know there is nowhere to hide.

Someone could ask Radio Lancs for the "full" audio file.

Someone could ask Radio Lancs for the "full" audio file.

I would imagine that they would have to seek permission form the club. Given that they are obviously reluctant to put on record the whole contents of the meeting, the chances of that are probably remote.

Quite right, but even this admittedly personal question was only asked after twice not answering it when posed more neutrally.

Ah yes, correct Mike. That rings true. I'm not sure of the file in question, but I recall listening to an audio recording of the meeting which included the Coar event, hence why I remember it. So one does exist.

Archived