BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

The first action of the next 'meeting' should be to accept the minutes of the previous meeting. How's that going to happen?

Maybe the next meeting should be used as a platform for some form of protest as there didn't appear to be anything useful coming out of the last one

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next meeting shouldn't happen at all if Pasha doesn't attend and engage. Any more ludicrous excuses from Cheston about him being unavailable etc. etc. should be rejected and the meeting postponed until he attends. The most interesting part for me will be seeing what excuse they come out with next. Pasha clearly has zero intention of speaking with any supporters, Cheston is stringing or himself being strung along by telling people he will try to get Pasha to attend the next meeting.

If/when the next meeting does take place the invited fans/groups should appoint a minute taker to go with a laptop and recording equipment to catch everything word for word with a full transcript, signed by all the people present other than the club staff, then circulated to anyone who wants a copy.

If they're going to play games and not produce minutes of these important meetings for the wider fanbase to consider then the fans will have to do it themselves.

The next meeting shouldn't happen at all if Pasha doesn't attend and engage. Any more ludicrous excuses from Cheston about him being unavailable etc. etc. should be rejected and the meeting postponed until he attends. The most interesting part for me will be seeing what excuse they come out with next. Pasha clearly has zero intention of speaking with any supporters, Cheston is stringing or himself being strung along by telling people he will try to get Pasha to attend the next meeting.

If/when the next meeting does take place the invited fans/groups should appoint a minute taker to go with a laptop and recording equipment to catch everything word for word with a full transcript, signed by all the people present other than the club staff, then circulated to anyone who wants a copy.

If they're going to play games and not produce minutes of these important meetings for the wider fanbase to consider then the fans will have to do it themselves.

I'm prepared to volunteer for minute taking role if required - I've got a digital recorder and laptop

As well as asking the EFL for full published minutes from the last meeting, I also asked about Pasha's role.

Heard nothing yet.

Can you confirm who you wrote to Den please? I would also like to request the same. If lots of us write to them they can't ignore us all given that it is their own regulation there has to be compliance with.

Can you confirm who you wrote to Den please? I would also like to request the same. If lots of us write to them they can't ignore us all given that it is their own regulation there has to be compliance with.

Just the contact email address on their homepage.

enquiries@efl.com

I've emailed the Football Supporters Federation this afternoon asking for their views on this and specifically whether a 3rd party edited radio broadcast from 24 hours after the meeting is an acceptable way of recording meetings of such importance held by a professional football club.

I requested the minutes from the EFL and advised them that these were possibly an audio recording taken by Radio Lancashire. Here is their reply:

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your email.

However, based on the questions you raise, we would suggest you direct these to the club, who should be able to assist you.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Regards,

Jessica Crook

Another backheel job by the authorities.

I requested the minutes from the EFL and advised them that these were possibly an audio recording taken by Radio Lancashire. Here is their reply:

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your email.

However, based on the questions you raise, we would suggest you direct these to the club, who should be able to assist you.

Regards,

Jessica Crook

Another backheel job by the authorities.

You did well. I emailed them twice and have had no reply.

You did well. I emailed them twice and have had no reply.

"There's no point in asking, you'll get no reply, Oh just remember I don't decide, I got no reason it's all too much, You'll always find us out to lunch...

Oh we're so pretty, Oh so pretty, we're vacant...

...And we don't care"

Sure, not the words of Jessica there but what do you expect? They really don't give a damn. Surely better to root out whose ever brainwave this bi annual meeting was in the first place and contact them instead? Didn't it get Government approval?

Or ask the FSF to highlight it?

Maybe Mike E could ask for a written version from the club, since he's hard of hearing?

For sure IMO. Ask the FSF.

Joanna Manning-Cooper. Thanks Google. There's a start, looks like she got out though, but probably still a member of the Pompey Trust.

Well, third time of asking.......

Hello Den,

Thank you for your email, we note your comments.

Initially we should clarify that as per our Charter, the EFL will endeavour to respond to all communication within 7 working days. While we aim to respond as quickly as possible you can imagine that sometimes there are several emails to process on an on-going basis.

With regards to the comments you make, the regulation requires that;

111.1 Clubs shall hold at least two meetings/fans forums per Season to which its supporters (or representatives) are to be invited in order to discuss significant issues relating to the Club. The framework for these meetings shall be documented in the Club's customer charter, but are subject to the following minimum criteria:

111.1.1 Clubs must be represented by the Club's majority owner, board director(s) or other senior executive(s);

111.1.2 where meetings are not open to all supporters wishing to attend, the supporter representatives must be elected, selected or invited in line with basic democratic principles; and

111.1.3 individuals cannot be excluded by the Club without good reason (the Club acting reasonably).

The agenda/topics discussed is a matter for each individual club and similarly if you feel you require a club to respond to any particular question you have, you should direct this to them via the channels outlined in their charter (http://www.rovers.co.uk/club/charter.aspx) . The club has indicated that the audio file of the meeting was sent out to those who attended the meeting - namely, representatives from supporter groups, who could then share the file with their members. We understand that the club is looking at potentially making the audio available on their website, and you should contact them directly for further information in this regard.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Supporter Services Department

EFL

The club has indicated that the audio file of the meeting was sent out to those who attended the meeting - namely, representatives from supporter groups, who could then share the file with their members. We understand that the club is looking at potentially making the audio available on their website, and you should contact them directly for further information in this regard.

has anybody who attended representing BRFCS, or for that matter any of the other supporter groups, received said file?

I've had two replies from people at the Football Supporters Federation. Both of them understood my frustrations and seemed to accept that merely referring fans to an audio file taken by Radio Lancashire is unacceptable, however both were quick to urge patience citing the fact that these meetings are only just getting up and running and the authorities are keen to work with clubs to improve the process rather than start confronting them at this stage.

The first person I heard back from said that he knew someone personally at Rovers and would be speaking to them directly about this issue and asked if he could pass my email on.

Doubt it will get anywhere, unfortunately the club and the people working for it are eager to prevent information reaching the fans and as such we will continue to struggle to get even minimal transparency.

The club employs a dedicated Accessibility and Safeguarding Adults Officer, Christine Peacock, who deals with any disability issues/queries a supporter may have ranging from away travel to access into the stadium on match days as well as policy, training and improvement to facilities and services.

A mini-com and a loop system are situated in the Ticket Office. The loop system is also available in Blackburn End Reception. Assistance / working dogs are welcome.

Forms and leaflets are available in accessible formats upon request

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/club/charter.aspx#bJUcP31sEC5fTyys.99

Could they not be asked for a written account of the meeting on a discrimination / accessibility basis? What about Rovers fans who may be interested in the meetings, but can't get the information as they have hearing difficulties?

has anybody who attended representing BRFCS, or for that matter any of the other supporter groups, received said file?

Yes Andy the audio file was the edited one used by Radio Lancashire, a copy of the powerpoint and a copy of the agenda.... NO written minutes

Archived