BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will catch up on this in a bit, but to cut a long story short, Dan is A Rovers fan, has a job to do, but knows less than 1% of what this message board knows.

I Will give full report in a bit

His 'driving the business forward' line is utterly hilarious after the attendance on Saturday, (reliable source saying 7,400 actually there).

They try to shift the focus away from themselves and the owners and onto the team and fans. Its almost as though they think we have no right to expect better from the owners down and should just shut up, accept what they give us and that the way they do business is acceptable.

We've had a 'Deputy CEO' in Paul Hunt, We've had a 'Global Advisor' in Shebby Singh, We've had a 'Managing Director' in Derek Shaw, now we've got a 'Director' in Mike Cheston. Different title, different names, different faces, but all saying the same things. The first couple of times they could have the benefit of the doubt, but we're now onto the 5th or 6th person and the 6th year of hearing it.

Why are they so determined to avoid appointing a Chairman? It is a deliberate and determined strategy, which after 6 years only points towards continuing suspicious activity. There is no logical reason on this planet why they would continue to wriggle out of appointing a chairman, unless they can't.

Control.

Even ignoring what has gone before and drawing a veil over it, what's stopping them, right now, today, from appointing a chairman (or if they prefer promoting Mike Cheston) giving him an annual budget and saying: that's your lot, make it work - ideally with a profit but stop us losing money.

I cannot see any reason not to do that, and there are good people around who would be prepared to work under those conditions.

What is killing us is the complete lack of communication between the real decision makers and Ewood. Until this is sorted, lack of communication between fans and club is only a symptom.

I had a meeting today with Danny Davis, who is a new business development manager at Rovers. He has been in this role a couple of months and is a rovers supporter.

The purpose of the meeting, which was at his request , was he wanted to understand all the negativity I put out via social media.

His role is to engage with business's and generate new business for Rovers, which is very difficult in the current climate.

He was a nice enough chat, who listened more than spoke, of what the last 6 years have been like.

I made it clear that how much I turn the screw is very much in the owners hands.

I told him that the story will come out and the gloves are off, although I sympathised that he has a difficult job in his role and gave a few pointers in the route I'd go down if I was in his role.

He stated his communication to the owners is through their advisor, but he was keen to do well at Rovers as its his dream job working for the club he loves. He had nothing derigotory to say about supporters and understood what a big job he had to succeed in his role, whilst the bigger picture of the club moving forwards.

He cannot influence change within his role was the impression I got,

But I once again asked if he could facilitate an uncut interview with Owen Coyle, which is something I would like to do. I have my own reasons for this and although the spotlight is firmly on the Raos, this interview may answer some niggling questions.

If he can get this organised which im very doubtful he can , then thats at least a step.

If not, he is just a concerned employee, like many others beforw him and many others to come.

His previous tweet/facebook history is irrelevant in my opinion

Thanks for this Glen.

Some of his recent Tweets make the guy look like a complete tool imo. I questioned him on his 'driving business' drivel and got blocked - probably understandable given all the stick he's got.

His Tweets aimed at fans, as well as his general position, for me cement him as lowest of the low - he's backstabbing fellow fans by trying to stifle the movement to remove the owners.

A meeting with Coyle might get questions answered, but I think that just generates attention towards the managerial situation and gets the focus on Coyle - Coyle isn't the issue for me, no matter how useless and dodgy he might be.

I'm not really interested in who Danny Davis is, what his job is, or what he thinks.

What I find completely unacceptable and unprofessional is for someone in his position, who is tasked with generating more business for Blackburn Rovers, to be going on social media and engaging in wars of words with Rovers supporters who pay his wages.

He will know the feelings the fanbase have at present and no amount of propaganda from him or his bosses will change that. He has a tough job, as does everyone on the Venky payroll as they are prevented from doing their jobs to the best of their abilities by the people in India and wherever else they are based.

He should just keep his trap shut and get on with his job. If he wants to make comments on social media then do it on a personal account rather than one which broadcasts his position and employment at the club.

He made some mistakes. Many of us do in life.

As a Rovers employee he should not have commented on events (not even on a personal account as well btw) and he should have deleted previous posts.

Should he be hounded and castigated I think not. It is his dream job but also a near impossible task although he is doing some good work engaging with local businesses. Can we leave him alone please. He will learn from this.

I don't know him just in case anyone is thinking that.

Look at Agnew who was PR man then suddenly director, a shelf seller who became MD, a Sky reporter who became communications man then a flipping club director. Now the club accountant is the only proper director there (in name only).

All these lot got paid well and all have relatively short stays and nice pay offs. There is money to be made at Rovers still from kissing certain sheriffs badges and climbing the pole. No wonder this is how people end up operating when there are £$ in their eyes and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

Just part of the toxic enviroment Venkys & co have created that fills a huge void where correctly qualified people should be operating.

If the guy is a Rovers fan, has been at the club for a few months (including through the season ticket renewals), then I refuse to believe he doesn't know why the fans are being so negative. He obviously knows or has been pointed in the direction of Glenn, so if he hasnt even googled him.

Looks to me like a fact finding mission, either from above, or from himself if he's struggling to hit his sales targets.

@StanCollymore hi Stan if your in Blackburn would be great to chat with you regards the club with all the positives we do on a daily bases.

Stan Collymore Retweeted Danny Davis

Maybe come up, have a chat on air to the owners about their plans moving forward. Lots of fans concerned. 1f44d-1f3fb.png

Maybe the Venkcountant can use the meeting to tell people about his time at Everton with a certain agent and money sources/ companies from Brunei, presume as Head of Finance he would have been involved

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2354377/Everton-close-in-on-12.8m.html

Bet that would be interesting

Swiss account as well, isn't Geneva where Kentaro & Huber/Grothe was based?

@StanCollymore hi Stan if your in Blackburn would be great to chat with you regards the club with all the positives we do on a daily bases.

Stan Collymore Retweeted Danny Davis

Maybe come up, have a chat on air to the owners about their plans moving forward. Lots of fans concerned. 1f44d-1f3fb.png

Fantastic Stan Collymore, great reply :tu:

His coverage of the England fans getting a right kicking in Marseilles was tremendous also, when all the media and country in general blamed our fans, Stan exposed the truth which finally hit the media days later.

You're better off without talksh1te.

The group received the following email from the club on Monday

Over the next couple of weeks we will be meeting internally to discuss the structure for the new Supporter Consultation Meetings, the first of which is scheduled for Wednesday, 5th October.

In my email dated 15 July we requested each supporter group to put forward their recommendations as to how they would like to see these meetings structured. If you on behalf of your supporters group have not already provided any feedback / proposals could you please contact me by no later than 5.00 pm on Friday, 26th August and I will ensure that such views / thoughts are duly considered.

Regards

After considering the views of supporters, the group officially responded with the following

Good Morning

Thank You for your email regarding the 'supporter consultation meetings', in which you request for the groups recommendations on how we feel the meetings should be structured.
After much deliberation the Blackburn Rovers Football Community Action Group believe that the only way these meeting should work, are if the following proposals are implemented.
  • The attendance from a member of the Rao family or at the very least, Suhail Pasha.
Following Mr Cheston's admission in a recent meeting with the group that he was not privy to the decision to appoint Owen Coyle as manager, coupled with his inability to confirm, due to a lack of knowledge if the club will be active in the transfer market above the chain of free transfers and loanees, The group holds the opinion that he is not included in the key decisions taken by the club and therefore is unable to answer the firm questions on supporters lips.
This coupled with the fact that many supporters are disappointed and offended at his recent comments aimed at supporters who have not renewed their season ticket, together with his accusations about supporters being negative making them "not true supporters", it is felt widely across the supporter base that whilst Mike Cheston is answering supporter concerns, he is simply playing lip service and ticking boxes that are required of the club to hold meetings of this nature.
Mike Cheston told the group in a recent meeting that he is unable to get instant responses from the owners, and often has to go via Mr Pasha who can get answers from the owners immediately. Which further evidences that any meeting with the supporters, during these difficult times are being chaired by the wrong person, if Mr Cheston is intending to chair them.
  • The supporters should set the questions and not have to apply to have issues placed on a screened agenda
For these meetings to work, then the concerns of the supporters, whatever they may be, must be addressed. They simply cannot be submitted to the agenda and then be rejected as unsuitable. These are supporter issues and they need to be discussed and answered by someone with the capability to address them.
There have been many calls from the supporter base for all supporter organisations to boycott these meetings, and the Blackburn Rovers Football Community Action Group is listening to those supporters and agrees with those supporters who hold the belief that the whole situation at Blackburn Rovers is far beyond the point where a limited meeting with Mike Cheston and Owen Coyle can resolve the situation.
Unless there can be guarantees that Suhail Pasha will attend the meeting at the bare minimum, then the group will be considering joining those supporters in calling on other supporter organisations to decline the invitation to attend.
Kind Regards

Archived