BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This meeting is an FA requirement, and that's the only reason it's happening.None of the questions we want answered will be addressed.

If we lose again though,you might ask how long Coyle has before he's sacked.

Coyle's reply will be one sentence 5 minutes long and a million words. At the end you will be thinking 'what did he say'?????

This meeting is an FA requirement, and that's the only reason it's happening.None of the questions we want answered will be addressed.

If we lose again though,you might ask how long Coyle has before he's sacked.

Exactly - a statement of no confidence then exit door left or a complete Boycott will mean the club need to start giving answers and will then need the FA to also show their cards

I'd love to get in their faces and ask real questions about season ticket sales, match day sales - tickets to schools and other children - we seem to do nothing these days.

I'd also like to know who picked the signings and the contract lengths - I'm sure they couldn't bet that question - Graham and Mulgrews contracts plus Coyles.

Also I'm sued Chesten couldn't avoid explaining his "best candidate" line to us - and if we've still to win, he'd have to answer the question - how much time does he get ?

• 1 month later...

Have the club put the minutes that are being sent to the FA and Football league regarding this meeting online anywhere yet or has anybody involved that attended received them?

Looking foward to the FL and FA defending the FA man and his court threats at the meeting as part of their supporter engagement strategy

Who was there taking minutes of the meeting? Are they required to send a copy of minutes to the FA to 'prove' they have held the meeting as required and have allowed questions on important areas of club business or are they merely required to facilitate the meeting?

Surely they should be publishing the minutes to the wider fan base or else it's a pretty pointless exercise to update 30 or so people.

• As per EFL Guidance the club will hold these meetings twice per year, usually September and March. We had advised that the first meeting would take place on 5th October, however, in order to facilitate some of the requests we have moved this date toThursday, 29th September at 6pm.

• All groups invited to the initial meeting will be offered 5 places. In order to provide consistency throughout the meetings we would ask that two members of each group attend on a permanently recurring basis.

• The Meetings will take place in the Red Rose Suite with a Panel attending from the club. The panel members may change from time to time in order to facilitate the relevant agenda items, however, we can commit to offering a selection of the Board and/or Owner representatives on each occasion alongside the Team Manager.

• Lynsey Talbot will send an email to all groups asking for their Agenda topics 14 days in advance of the meeting. We would ask that these are submitted, along with names of those attending, by close of business the Friday before the meeting. For example,the deadline for the September meeting will be 5pm, Friday, 23rd September. This will then allow the panel sufficient time to look into the agenda items and offer as many answers to supporters as is practicably possible at that time.

• Minutes will be taken at the meetings and will be forwarded to groups for distribution within 3 working days.

• The club will invite up to 10 additional guests to the meeting who do not necessarily belong to any of the supporter groups but who the club feel may have a valuable contribution to make. This could include members of the local council/government, business persons or supporters. This will be on a discretionary basis.

Better still. Inform the Football League that they haven't complied.

Exactly, but give em chance first.

SteB assured us that questions were asked about the use of agents and I want to see those questions - and the answers, put into the minutes and hopefully into the media.

Exactly, but give em chance first.

SteB assured us that questions were asked about the use of agents and I want to see those questions - and the answers, put into the minutes and hopefully into the media.

You might almost think that the club don't want the minutes released before the Wolves game.............

Just as an update on a couple of mentioned topics I have already emailed Mike Cheston and Co and politely reminded them of

A ) The Clubs Charter that states emails will be answered with 3 working days or acknowledgement of email and full response within 14 working days

B ) The commitment to publicise minutes of the Bi annual meeting within 3 working days

I have received a reply from the club saying that they will speak to Mike and Lynsey about the minutes,

I also emailed Mike Cheston asking about the proposed supporter meeting with Suhail Pasha (from the Bi annual meeting) and received a reply from Mike Saying

I have indeed spoken with Mr Pasha on this matter subsequent to the meeting with the supporter groups, and, whilst the next meeting with the supporter groups is scheduled to be in March next year, he has said he will definitely consider a meeting ahead of that time (and will raise this with the owners directly).

I have indeed spoken with Mr Pasha on this matter subsequent to the meeting with the supporter groups, and, whilst the next meeting with the supporter groups is scheduled to be in March next year, he has said he will definitely consider a meeting ahead of that time (and will raise this with the owners directly).

Does he need to ask the owners if he can meet some fans?

Please ask him when you finally meet him.

Circus it is.

If Pasha needs permission from Venkys before meeting with supporters then I think that tells us all we need to know about the situation and his position at the club. If something so basic and fundamental in a football club as having a meeting with a small group of supporters requires him to seek permission from India first then we've got no chance. No wonder things like appointments and signings take so long.

Perhaps Cheston could be asked why there has still been no official announcement from the club regarding Mr Pasha's appointment. The meeting took place in September where Cheston confirmed that Pasha was now an employee of the club, so why no announcement to confirm this to those people not at the meeting?

The club went to great lengths to 'advertise' the vacancy, using it as a PR exercise to appear to be making efforts to improve the running of the club and communication with India, yet the first and most basic task once that position has been filled is surely to announce who has got the job?

Archived