BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good response, but is it really your "religion" or a matter of "culture"...just saying!

funnily enough, my missus doesnt wear the Burka. Its a matter of personal choice amongst females. Why are we even talking about this on here? #VenkysOut lol

I dont think we should bash everyone who is employed. They are after all trying to make a living for their Family.

Have you read his tweets? He's a rather nasty piece of work is this one. So, no, let's not bash everyone who's employed but let's not just preach.

• Backroom

Turns out turnaround Dan was the one who met with Glenn today

So who is he?

He's meeting with Glen and 'driving business forward' but nobody knows of him before this?

The next stooge?

That Dan the man seems to be playing both sides although he's a difficult job to do in the current climate trying to sell hospitality. Such is the arrogance and ignorance from those above around Ewood they probably think handing out an olive branch and trying a bit of flannel, maybe offering a perk or two will shut everyone up.

Self serving preservation as always and a complete lack of actually acknowledging the real problems, the problems they all exactly know what they are.

Yes I agree Alexanders, most people that work at the club are good honest hard working people like the rest of us, lets not tar them all with the same brush.

He's closed down his twitter I see.

Representing Blackburn Rovers with a tweet that was written and spelt like a 5yrs old, thats very very poor, but its not a hanging offence.

You want to read his Facebook. He was signing and sharing the petition for an investigation into the running of the club, just a few months ago.

Probably why they employed him!

Oh no, that's what Glen's meeting will be about!

They're going to offer him a job!

Yes I agree Alexanders, most people that work at the club are good honest hard working people like the rest of us, lets not tar them all with the same brush.

He's closed down his twitter I see.

Representing Blackburn Rovers with a tweet that was written and spelt like a 5yrs old, thats very very poor, but its not a hanging offence.

Don't worry. You'll come round as events unfold!

It's a good job we are not in France in '44!

It's a good job we are not in France in '44!

He'd certainly get a close shave!

In the interests of fairness before Dan gets totally pilloried he, like many on this MB, got a job at Rovers the team he supports. It would be difficult to say no.....and he needs income.

He probably made two simple mistakes, the sort that many of us make:

1. He forgot to delete earlier Tweets;

2. He responded to a Tweet when he would have been better off ignoring it and remaining neutral.

Give him some slack.

The issue to focus on is the V's.

In the interests of fairness before Dan gets totally pilloried he, like many on this MB, got a job at Rovers the team he supports. It would be difficult to say no.....and he needs income.

2. He responded to a Tweet when he would have been better off ignoring it and remaining neutral.

Give him some slack.

Yep, it all gets a bit unfair these days when people get pulled from pillar to post about personal social media accounts and posts made years ago. A guy who works at a firm I've done some consultancy for got removed from his position due to social media posts to 'adult entertainers' made about 5 years ago, you've got to be so careful these days. Dan isn't the problem here.

Will catch up on this in a bit, but to cut a long story short, Dan is A Rovers fan, has a job to do, but knows less than 1% of what this message board knows.

I Will give full report in a bit

This is a key point. The documents/message need to be spread amongst as many fans as possible. The people that sit around me in the Riverside didn't know anything about them, for example.

Will catch up on this in a bit, but to cut a long story short, Dan is A Rovers fan, has a job to do, but knows less than 1% of what this message board knows.

I Will give full report in a bit

Need your contact details please, Glen - in respect of setting up this interview, ta mate

Give him some slack.

I think the issue is to focus on the Rao's, make it personal

If other avenues for the interview dont pan out, i might suggest reaching over to rdio talk and podcast outlets for football/soccer here in the usa.

They will be used to doing overseas interviews, many ex-pats in the loop on them, so they know the sport, and are always looking for "fan friendly" content...

Admittedly, a podcast is not the most accessible media format, but it is published and easy to spread.

Absolutely. We must mot fall for that old chestnut-"start again syndrome" !

This is all they've got. Platitudes and lazy 'back the boys' rhetoric (which works on many to be fair).

Deputy CEO's come and go but it's the same faces across the table, and they've heard it all before. Yes, we all want things to improve on the field but that has been the case for 6 years and it's only got worse every season.

#enoughisenough

This is all they've got. Platitudes and lazy 'back the boys' rhetoric (which works on many to be fair).

Deputy CEO's come and go but it's the same faces across the table, and they've heard it all before. Yes, we all want things to improve on the field but that has been the case for 6 years and it's only got worse every season.

#enoughisenough

They try to shift the focus away from themselves and the owners and onto the team and fans. Its almost as though they think we have no right to expect better from the owners down and should just shut up, accept what they give us and that the way they do business is acceptable.

We've had a 'Deputy CEO' in Paul Hunt, We've had a 'Global Advisor' in Shebby Singh, We've had a 'Managing Director' in Derek Shaw, now we've got a 'Director' in Mike Cheston. Different title, different names, different faces, but all saying the same things. The first couple of times they could have the benefit of the doubt, but we're now onto the 5th or 6th person and the 6th year of hearing it.

Why are they so determined to avoid appointing a Chairman? It is a deliberate and determined strategy, which after 6 years only points towards continuing suspicious activity. There is no logical reason on this planet why they would continue to wriggle out of appointing a chairman, unless they can't.

If i get a job at Rovers, im buying you all a beer, and my muslim pals can get a bottle of water or juice. And dont try and abuse me for taking the job, all i wanted was the ticket and to serve you all with love and beer. :D

I had a meeting today with Danny Davis, who is a new business development manager at Rovers. He has been in this role a couple of months and is a rovers supporter.

The purpose of the meeting, which was at his request , was he wanted to understand all the negativity I put out via social media.

His role is to engage with business's and generate new business for Rovers, which is very difficult in the current climate.

He was a nice enough chat, who listened more than spoke, of what the last 6 years have been like.

I made it clear that how much I turn the screw is very much in the owners hands.

I told him that the story will come out and the gloves are off, although I sympathised that he has a difficult job in his role and gave a few pointers in the route I'd go down if I was in his role.

He stated his communication to the owners is through their advisor, but he was keen to do well at Rovers as its his dream job working for the club he loves. He had nothing derigotory to say about supporters and understood what a big job he had to succeed in his role, whilst the bigger picture of the club moving forwards.

He cannot influence change within his role was the impression I got,

But I once again asked if he could facilitate an uncut interview with Owen Coyle, which is something I would like to do. I have my own reasons for this and although the spotlight is firmly on the Raos, this interview may answer some niggling questions.

If he can get this organised which im very doubtful he can , then thats at least a step.

If not, he is just a concerned employee, like many others beforw him and many others to come.

His previous tweet/facebook history is irrelevant in my opinion

Archived