BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

• Backroom

I just think if we stop attending these things we lose a bit of credibility. Whether or not the the questions go unanswered is irrelevant, that only furthers our aim.I know they have been asked repeatedly but we should ask again, however much of a pointless excercise you feel it may be.

No credibility is lost if a valid reason is presented as to why nobody is attending.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your damned if you do or don't . I've been one saying a joint statement should be made by fans reps. But if it's a FA requirement id rather an MP, Glen and Mark attend. Worse case would be Super Fan Morons attending.

The difference between this meeting and previous with Shebby etc is now there is a requirement for clubs to engage fans on governance etc.

The meeting should be attended, questions planned and answers expected.

As well as those mentioned already in this thread, can we invite a prominent fsf representative to attend to give an independent audit of the meeting?

Like an Ofsted inspector for delinquent owners....

That would ensure the club take proper notice not lip service.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/jan/greater-opportunities-for-supporter-ownership

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/supporters-must-be-listened-to-government-report-experting-working-group

Pointless talking to anyone at Ewood, they know as much as us.

The Rao's not even been near the town for a couple of years.

From where I'm standing , they have zero interest in club and are actually holding onto it now for spite.

No money available for players, club got £15 million season budget to pay wages and to fund squad, with Sales to date not being reinvested.

Squad is not Championship standard, which gives the Manager needing a miracle to keep us up.

Its a sad state of affairs, but when they do finally buggar off, the club will rebuild and as supporters we can start to look forwards.

I think you are wrong Glenn, I think there will be nothing to rebuild by the time they leave. Their ultimate payback to us peasants, take away what we love, forever. That is their end game.

"From 2016/17 clubs will be required to hold at least two meetings/fans forums with a representative group of the clubs supporters, putting into practice commitments made by the EFL as part of the Governments Expert Working Group on Supporter Ownership and Engagement which made a series of recommendations earlier in 2016."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/government-expert-working-group-on-football-supporter-ownership-and-engagement

The meeting(s) should take place, perhaps someone from The FA, The Football League, local MP's, member(s) of the Government Expert Working Group could also attend?

Then when Cheston et al are unable to provide any answers they will note that the club is a sham, that the supporters groups may as well meet with a tub of lard, a brick wall and a plant pot and that no one entrusted to run from the UK has any power, let alone know what the goals for the club are.

These bodies should have the power to demand answers, to be able to satisfy themselves that the club is being run in the correct manner, in the community's best interests. They should also demand that the bi-annual meeting should be with the owners - or at the very least - with those whose name is written above the door.

Otherwise the report I attached above is a complete waste of time.

I agree Bob, there needs to be a representative present to make sure questions are answered otherwise what's the point? Clubs can just show up to comply with nothing constructive coming out of the meetings.

The difference between this meeting and previous with Shebby etc is now there is a requirement for clubs to engage fans on governance etc.

The meeting should be attended, questions planned and answers expected.

As well as those mentioned already in this thread, can we invite a prominent fsf representative to attend to give an independent audit of the meeting?

Like an Ofsted inspector for delinquent owners....

That would ensure the club take proper notice not lip service.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/jan/greater-opportunities-for-supporter-ownership

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/supporters-must-be-listened-to-government-report-experting-working-group

I disagree simply because nobody in the room will ever be able to answer any questions put to them.

Venkys don't honor contracts and end up in the high court of this land, they just don't give a toss so you'll never get answers from a puppet, thats glaringly obvious isn't it?

Its all about opinions though and I fully expect everyone to attend, it just goes round and round and round and round sadly.

One day it'll stop going round, by then it could well be to late.

We should also request / try to insist on attendees from the club.

There is no point Coyle being there.

He can't answer any questions. Pointless and will only deflect attention wasting the air time.

He can talk about on field topics on a daily basis via the LT.

There isn't a single question which he can possibly be asked which has any importance or he could answer.

The questions must be entirely focussed on ownership etc.

Coyle - not required.

Club Attendees :-

Venky representative - be it Pasha or Babu (same fella?).

Cheston.

Coar.

What is the short term plan for the club (this season) and what measures are being taken to achieve it?

Same Q re medium term, next 3 years.

Why do the owners not come to games?

When will they attend next?

The last time they came over was... Do you think that is acceptable?

Will they accept meeting in Pune with fans group?

Definitely a good idea to record the event.

Cheston, Coyle and anyone else in attendance from the club will all tow the party line:

"We can't influence what happened before we came here, its the future we're interested in, not the past"

"The owners are fully committed to the club"

Its a well worn script thats been swallowed 4/5 times that I can think of.

Boycott the meeting, send out a clear message/statement.

Inform them that unless the following are there we will boycott

Pasha budget Slasha

Mike No Control Over F*** All Cheston

Bob Burnley Coar

Madame or Fat Barry.

Its fair that fans can tell them who should attend.

It has to be seen as worthwhile.

If only Cheston and Coyle turn up it will be pointless. We might as well send the chicken and the evidence gatherer as our representatives.

I agree with anyone who's said attending is pointless, all answers given will just be fluff to appease as they have been in the past BUT but not attending we give them the easiest get out in history.

Exactly! I can hear the champagne corks popping from here! "You'll never believe it, they're not even going to turn up!!" They'd love to spin that.

A chance to give them a hard time, spurned. A chance, as I described earlier, to invite many others to show just how dysfunctional the club is - that it's not run from the UK. That the people with the necessary titles in the UK in order to run the operation actually know nothing, they just tick boxes for legal purposes. A chance to put pressure on all manner of people. A chance for many groups to come together and tell the "board" face to face that the fans, as one, want Venkys to sell.

Exactly! I can hear the champagne corks popping from here! "You'll never believe it, they're not even going to turn up!!" They'd love to spin that.

A chance to give them a hard time, spurned. A chance, as I described earlier, to invite many others to show just how dysfunctional the club is - that it's not run from the UK. That the people with the necessary titles in the UK in order to run the operation actually know nothing, they just tick boxes for legal purposes. A chance to put pressure on all manner of people. A chance for many groups to come together and tell the "board" face to face that the fans, as one, want Venkys to sell.

Agreed

I agree wholeheartedly but we should not let this detract from trying to get Venkys or ownership investigated. On that point, for those with documentation, it may be worthwhile contacting Helen Pidd who is Northern editor of the Guardian newspaper. She is very sport orientated, not afraid to ruffle some feathers and is ambitious. If we can get her onboard, I think it would be very good. Maybe Glen Mullen could help?

Just a suggestion

Plenty turned up to the Bowyer, Myers and Shaw charade and employed those tactics. It Ended up getting hijacked by an idiot in the crowd and the panel got off scott free, I wonder if he'd been given pies for life for that little episode?

This will be no different in my opinion, but we'll see what transpires, you could be right Bob.

Archived