BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pointless talking to anyone at Ewood, they know as much as us.

The Rao's not even been near the town for a couple of years.

From where I'm standing , they have zero interest in club and are actually holding onto it now for spite.

No money available for players, club got £15 million season budget to pay wages and to fund squad, with Sales to date not being reinvested.

Squad is not Championship standard, which gives the Manager needing a miracle to keep us up.

Its a sad state of affairs, but when they do finally buggar off, the club will rebuild and as supporters we can start to look forwards.

The Club will spin it to all the media if this meeting happens. Nothing to talk about. Venkys aren't fit for purpose.

The evidence gathering of fans who have paid to watch Rovers is disgusting and proves how desperate they are to keep their dirty scam going.

The meeting will go ahead as league rules state clubs must engage with fans (bi-annually I think the rules state). As Glen says though absolutely pointless heading to a meeting with a group of people who know no more than the people they are speaking too, if anything it is a recipe for disaster. The meeting would be Cheston/Coyle both have already said they know nothing of the owners future plans, you may as well have a meeting with next doors dog!

How about a compromise and asking for the meeting to be recorded and made available for anybody to listen to. That way searching questions can be asked, Cheston can be put on the spot and he could be outed as a puppet.

Good post Jbizzle.

Have The Trust thought about not attending Paul?

Maybe releasing a statement to explain why?

That would send out a powerful message, coming from a supporters group.

Mike Cheston cannot and will not offer anything new at this meeting, he doesn't have the authority and it'll probably descend into a farce like the last one with Shaw, Bowyer and Terry 'support you team'

I'm all for dialogue, but with no decision makers in that room its just window dressing.

#venkysout

How about a compromise and asking for the meeting to be recorded and made available for anybody to listen to. That way searching questions can be asked, Cheston can be put on the spot and he could be outed as a puppet.

We could get that Evidence Gathering fella to record it. Make himself useful.

The meeting will go ahead as league rules state clubs must engage with fans (bi-annually I think the rules state). As Glen says though absolutely pointless heading to a meeting with a group of people who know no more than the people they are speaking too, if anything it is a recipe for disaster. The meeting would be Cheston/Coyle both have already said they know nothing of the owners future plans, you may as well have a meeting with next doors dog!

"From 2016/17 clubs will be required to hold at least two meetings/fans forums with a representative group of the club’s supporters, putting into practice commitments made by the EFL as part of the Government’s Expert Working Group on Supporter Ownership and Engagement which made a series of recommendations earlier in 2016."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/government-expert-working-group-on-football-supporter-ownership-and-engagement

The meeting(s) should take place, perhaps someone from The FA, The Football League, local MP's, member(s) of the Government Expert Working Group could also attend?

Then when Cheston et al are unable to provide any answers they will note that the club is a sham, that the supporters groups may as well meet with a tub of lard, a brick wall and a plant pot and that no one entrusted to run from the UK has any power, let alone know what the goals for the club are.

These bodies should have the power to demand answers, to be able to satisfy themselves that the club is being run in the correct manner, in the community's best interests. They should also demand that the bi-annual meeting should be with the owners - or at the very least - with those whose name is written above the door.

Otherwise the report I attached above is a complete waste of time.

There's only one question that needs answering and if they'd say it and make decisions in relation to it - none of this would be necessary.

Just tell us what the long term goal is. I'm sure 99% of rovers fans would feel better just knowing the end goal! If you want to stay and not invest then tell us, if you want to sell the club but only for certain offers, tell us!

The lack of communication will just breed conspiracy and you can't blame fans for believing some of them.

Don't tell us you seek "further enhancement" and then sell our captain. That confusion breeds anger. If they said "right we've totally screwed up, we need to save money, we can't invest" - there would still be questions but nowhere near the current hysteria ignorance causes.

I wish there was a way that I could explain to the owners just how watching rovers now lacks any enjoyment factor. It's not the position in league, it's not the lack of playing staff, it's not the poor quality - it's certainly not the manager but he doesn't help. It's the sheer lack of anything to look forward to.

If they said they wanted to get as much dough back and the bail out - I'd be chanting for 90 minutes again (maybe not...) just revelling in the notion that they'd eventually "bail out".

I admire the passion in your post mate but do you actually think they give a @#/? about your lack of enjoyment watching Rovers?

Like i've said before, meeting with Mike Cheston wont give you any answers and frankly having a chat about it all will fix @#/? all. Even if Venkys were to attend its not a relationship that can ever be repaired, we're way past that now.

What was it Churchill said, something like jaw jaw is better than war war? Tempting though it is to tell Cheston to cluck off, got to agree with Baz, Arbitro etc that it's better to have this meeting BUT make sure the fan's contingent is well prepared and well represented. For instance, make sure the right people are there (eg local MPs if possible) and the right questions are asked. Yes, we're not going to learn much or change Venky's behaviour, but if the audience is right (eg MPs) it's a good forum for spreading the message of how Venky's are incompetent and folk at Ewood are powerless. WE all know that but view it as an opportunity of the word reaching a much wider audience.

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere...

When is this meeting?

Where is this meeting?

Who can attend? Anyone or invites?

What are the exact lines of communication re the meeting? I mean is the club speaking / writing to a specific fans group?

I think it's incredibly important to attend. Just because the owners have become despondent and detached from the club doesn't mean we should. Ultimately the topic will be Blackburn Rovers FC and that's something we all hold an interest in. We should be represented by the right people, however. This list includes MPs, business leaders and prominent figures in supporters' groups - all people that are up to date on the running of the club, or lack of in our case.

It should be protested outside by other fans. Use this as a chance to hand out leaflets, documents or anything that might help to inform others of their wrongdoings.

Questions should definitely focus on the lack of communication from the owners and the lies when they do communicate. We should pose questions regarding Shebby's accusations and the leaked documents because it is our right to do so, despite the argument of digging up old skeletons. We have no right to say these questions have gone unanswered if we don't pose them on a platform created for that exact reason. Can we get Rishi in there to film it for his up and coming documentary? May make for useful footage.

Other questions could be as to why Coyle was chosen as manager despite not being cheston's choice. Why did Coyle deny SEM links when he has quite obviously heard of them? Why has it become club policy to sell assets whilst replacing them with those of obvious lower quality? Where's all the money going? Why have the owners denied any takeover approach from Seneca? Where is this promised board of directors? Why won't the owners face us? Why won't the owners sell if they are evidently not interested in developing the club further? What is the plan moving forward? Etc etc.

I have no doubt that the answers won't be satisfactory but it is at least our duty to ask them. Then we have credibility to say they are going unanswered.

I think it's incredibly important to attend. Just because the owners have become despondent and detached from the club doesn't mean we should. Ultimately the topic will be Blackburn Rovers FC and that's something we all hold an interest in. We should be represented by the right people, however. This list includes MPs, business leaders and prominent figures in supporters' groups - all people that are up to date on the running of the club, or lack of in our case.

It should be protested outside by other fans. Use this as a chance to hand out leaflets, documents or anything that might help to inform others of their wrongdoings.

Questions should definitely focus on the lack of communication from the owners and the lies when they do communicate. We should pose questions regarding Shebby's accusations and the leaked documents because it is our right to do so, despite the argument of digging up old skeletons. We have no right to say these questions have gone unanswered if we don't pose them on a platform created for that exact reason. Can we get Rishi in there to film it for his up and coming documentary? May make for useful footage.

Other questions could be as to why Coyle was chosen as manager despite not being cheston's choice. Why did Coyle deny SEM links when he has quite obviously heard of them? Why has it become club policy to sell assets whilst replacing them with those of obvious lower quality? Where's all the money going? Why have the owners denied any takeover approach from Seneca? Where is this promised board of directors? Why won't the owners face us? Why won't the owners sell if they are evidently not interested in developing the club further? What is the plan moving forward? Etc etc.

I have no doubt that the answers won't be satisfactory but it is at least our duty to ask them. Then we have credibility to say they are going unanswered.

Where have you been for the past 6yrs?

All of those questions have been asked many many times and they've gone unanswered by people better placed than Cheston to provide answers.

It's an exercise in blowing smoke up backsides and nothing more. It's a stalling tactic that's already been repeated many times before because it works well for the club to do it.

The time for talking to the club has long gone, when will people get the message?

All of those questions have been asked many many times and they've gone unanswered by people better placed than Cheston to provide answers.

It's an exercise in blowing smoke up backsides and nothing more. It's a stalling tactic that's already been repeated many times before because it works well for the club to do it.

The time for talking to the club has long gone, when will people get the message?

Exactly, there has to come a time where everyone says enough is enough, you've had your chance. What are these miraculous words that could be said to fix it all? There are none. What words could Cheston say to sort it all out? There are none? What point is having a discussion with a bloke and a manager who has been here 2 minutes? There is none. We've been here suffering long before they took the dirty rupee... Its a totally pointless excercise that they dont WANT to partake in, they're being forced to.

I'm amazed people are STILL interested in what Venkys and puppets like Cheston and Coyle have to say.

I just think if we stop attending these things we lose a bit of credibility. Whether or not the the questions go unanswered is irrelevant, that only furthers our aim.I know they have been asked repeatedly but we should ask again, however much of a pointless excercise you feel it may be.

I just think if we stop attending these things we lose a bit of credibility. Whether or not the the questions go unanswered is irrelevant, that only furthers our aim.I know they have been asked repeatedly but we should ask again, however much of a pointless excercise you feel it may be.

"the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again expecting a different results"... Einstein.

I know what you're saying dreams, but I feel any fan credibility has already been lost, years ago, this is just another PR exercise by the club to stall. Chestons trying to protect his job and keeping the fans quiet is one what to achieve that, same with Coyle.

Lets not forget that we have accusations of the club paying people to threaten fans, we have accusations of owners teaching the fans a lesson, we have BRAG saying that Cheston is on record as saying he has no idea who appointed Coyle and we have Coyle on record saying he's never heard of SEM.

Why the hell would anyone want any dialogue with this lot?

"the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again expecting a different results"... Einstein.

True. But you knock on a door long enough eventually someone may answer. I'm not expecting anything different, I'm expecting the same as you - nothing. But I just think it's important to keep up the game of asking.

It is why during PMQs the opposition will constantly ask the same questions despite knowing they won't get a clear answer. It isn't out of insanity, it's simply to maintain their role in the debate.

EDIT to answer Gav:

I must emphasise that I don't exactly want dialogue per se as I want the questions to be asked. I just feel that if we stop asking questions it will only give them more of a right to say there aren't concerns raised directly to them using official procedures, simply just a small minority of fans exacerbating problems on social media. It is of vital importance to keep up the barrage and keep them on the back foot. To allow them an easy audience is to allow them easy publicity, because if those against them don't go the audience will inevitably be in their favour. That can't be allowed to happen.

Archived