BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clear that there is some kind of charm offensive in operation and it could get ugly as I think the club will try and apportion blame onto the fans, particularly the absent ones and the ones who chant Venkys Out as if we are some kind of deviants. But what can't speak can't lie and the facts and figures speak for themselves. These should be used as the number one weapon to get the message out there.

We are not savages who break the law - we just want to feel part of a club that many have devoted a lifetime of supporting both financially and vocally.

It's clear that there is some kind of charm offensive in operation and it could get ugly as I think the club will try and apportion blame onto the fans, particularly the absent ones and the ones who chant Venkys Out as if we are some kind of deviants. But what can't speak can't lie and the facts and figures speak for themselves. These should be used as the number one weapon to get the message out there.

We are not savages who break the law - we just want to feel part of a club that many have devoted a lifetime of supporting both financially and vocally.

Blaming the fans is an obvious move. But only if they have 100% confidence in Venkys being here as long as us.

Trouble is that we now have a situation where the club cannot do right for doing wrong in the current climate.

Still, three wins in a row and a midtable berth will do a lot to create more fan disunity as the waverers go back to their comfort zones. Plenty would allow Venkys to continue regardless of leaked documents for a W1D1L1 form record and a midtable spot with a hopeful eye on the play-offs.

The next step by Rovers could well be to try and ban a number of ST holders who are being anti and "plotting" against the Club. If there are bans it is not difficult to obtain match tickets but they may arm stewards with photographs of those banned. I would strongly advise buying stick-on moustaches and hipster beards.

Charlton have started banning ST holders.

They will blame the "Venky Out changers for spoiling the match day atmosphere (sic) for the rest of the Rovers fans.

I'd be surprised if Cheston wasn't considering his future in all this. Lets be honest, he's a financial man who came here to be financial director, and somehow has ended up as the last man standing running the club because all his colleagues have given up trying to do the job. I don't believe for one minute that a club of this size, or any other professional football club, can operate as we are with only one active director. If they could then there would be other clubs with one board member who does all the work and they could then save a fortune in director salaries.

The problem is that the workload Cheston has will inevitably have to be delegated down to under qualified staff who shouldn't be doing those sort of jobs, and the dumbing down then continues. Cheston has already mentioned it in one of his interviews where he said that he had a 'good team' behind him supporting him in his role, and because of that there was no need to appoint any more directors. That isn't how it works in football. You are meant to have a financial director with a team behind him, a CEO/Chairman with a team behind him, a commercial director with a team behind him and a managing director with a team behind him, at the very least. Cheston will know this, but won't speak out about it either because he can't or he doesn't want to risk his position.

I think the term 'bitten off more than he can chew' applies here. When things really start to get messy over the coming weeks and months as we hurtle towards League One the edifice of this regime will begin to crumble. Mystery man Pasha will continue to hide in the shadows when the going gets tough leaving Cheston as the man who gets the majority of the flak around Ewood Park. He'll be wanting to go back to number crunching when he sees the trouble that will unfold. Up until now he's had it easy through the summer months and before that when Lambert was in place. Going forward things are going to get a whole lot tougher, and if it was me I'd be looking for financial director vacancies at other clubs rather than hang around here.

A guy on Twitter messaging Collymore and asking to meet to discuss the positive things the club does. His tweet was riddled with spelling errors.

Found the guy here: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/danny-davis-372b4047 - BDM of corporate hospitality, been in the job 2 months. Another stooge.

It appears this is his fifth job in six years. How long will he last when he realises that the job will be like nailing blancmange to a ceiling.

You have to wonder what the tipping point is for these people.

What motivates those who are so staunchly defensive of "the club"? Who/what do they believe they are defending? I doubt they would say Venkys? Are they friends and family of club employees who have a personal stake? Are they just fanatics - in the true sense of the word? Why do they want to shout down the dissenting voices? What have they to lose? League status? Are they so close as to be complicit?

In the interests of balance, what is the end game of the dissenters? The most immediate - and in the absence of a white knight buyer who speaks the requisite six languages - is answers from Venkys about the long term future of the club.

So what's the problem with that? Obviously, those at the club clearly don't know. Which is bad enough. But they don't even seem to care? Coyle will always find work and will have enough money to tide him over for a long long time.

So surely the dissenters and the staunch defenders can agree on a common goal: answers? Genuine answers though. There is no trust at the club. That infamous photo of Bradley Orr could almost be a banner in itself.

We all need to know what Venkys purpose is for the club - through some direct communication but also through actions. It seems that having dismantled the club (supposedly on bad advice) they have no intention of putting it back together. That can't be accepted surely, not with them still here?

We could all wake up one day to the news that it's game over. There is a view that they would not liquidate us - this almost never happens. Yet, by the same token, we are being told from some quarters that what is happening currently is out of spite for fans.

You could ask Ewood Spark all those questions Stuart and I think you'd find he has no tipping point!

Rovers are playing, he goes. That's it, a sort of battery bunny.

You could ask Ewood Spark all those questions Stuart and I think you'd find he has no tipping point!

Rovers are playing, he goes. That's it, a sort of battery bunny.

I totally respect that though. I am considering coming over for Rotherham.

I'd be surprised if Cheston wasn't considering his future in all this. Lets be honest, he's a financial man who came here to be financial director, and somehow has ended up as the last man standing running the club because all his colleagues have given up trying to do the job. I don't believe for one minute that a club of this size, or any other professional football club, can operate as we are with only one active director. If they could then there would be other clubs with one board member who does all the work and they could then save a fortune in director salaries.

The problem is that the workload Cheston has will inevitably have to be delegated down to under qualified staff who shouldn't be doing those sort of jobs, and the dumbing down then continues. Cheston has already mentioned it in one of his interviews where he said that he had a 'good team' behind him supporting him in his role, and because of that there was no need to appoint any more directors. That isn't how it works in football. You are meant to have a financial director with a team behind him, a CEO/Chairman with a team behind him, a commercial director with a team behind him and a managing director with a team behind him, at the very least. Cheston will know this, but won't speak out about it either because he can't or he doesn't want to risk his position.

I think the term 'bitten off more than he can chew' applies here. When things really start to get messy over the coming weeks and months as we hurtle towards League One the edifice of this regime will begin to crumble. Mystery man Pasha will continue to hide in the shadows when the going gets tough leaving Cheston as the man who gets the majority of the flak around Ewood Park. He'll be wanting to go back to number crunching when he sees the trouble that will unfold. Up until now he's had it easy through the summer months and before that when Lambert was in place. Going forward things are going to get a whole lot tougher, and if it was me I'd be looking for financial director vacancies at other clubs rather than hang around here.

Totally agree

Left alone in the brown stuff, trying against impossible odds and every night when he gets home he will think WTF...

Is he married? Wife will be advising him...just not worth it.

A guy on Twitter messaging Collymore and asking to meet to discuss the positive things the club does. His tweet was riddled with spelling errors.

Found the guy here: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/danny-davis-372b4047 - BDM of corporate hospitality, been in the job 2 months. Another stooge.

Read through some of his past tweets. A real charmer that one! Agnew and Kean rolled into one.

Very positive about everything Rovers. Doesn't mention the League table or the attendances mind! Clearly knows who Glen is.

Nasty times ahead I fear. Still, whatever they do they can't make us go to Ewood or go away!

I totally respect that though. I am considering coming over for Rotherham.

I don't. It's prolonging the agony. Still each to their own.

What's really needed are direct communication channels opening between the owners and responsible fans representative. Could these biennial meetings be used for that sole target? Would Cheston be prepared to look at that?

I don't agree it give them the easiest get out - however I think the rest of what you state is an even better idea or as what has been said about turning backs on them

As Mark states above -until the fans can decide the agenda - any other meeting is just fruitless and will be directed towards simple planned answers

It has to be on the fans/supporter groups terms only

Regardless - it matters not what is discussed as there is only one question that matters and that is

'When are the Loons going/leaving/doing one?'

Maybe this same question should be asked over and over by everyone all night. I.e. No other questions asked.

Fight Duracell bunnies with Duracell bunnies

This Danny sounds like a right propper BSer - will climb the ladder at Rovers. I say ladder, I mean steps. I say steps, I mean a step. It could be Rovers new job advertising slogan; 'you're only ever one step from the top job at Rovers'.

A faceless franchise with no real boss on the ground is the perfect platform for any chancers and charmers to slither above their station. We can all be sickeningly positive about anything and everything but it doesn't solve problems properly nor get things done as we've seen to our cost at Rovers.

I would imagine this was the clown in hospitality who was telling everyone last season that Lambert was getting 15 million to spend this summer. If it was then no other words are needed in regards to him.

The Fight is now on:

-we have nearly 5,000 signing the petition

-2quid to rid the Venkys has reached its first target

and - the Rovers Trust,from 200 members who have voted so far, are saying 97% to press for Venkys to leave

THE SILENT MAJORITY WANT TO RE-CLAIM THE CLUB.

The Fight is now on:

-we have nearly 5,000 signing the petition

-2quid to rid the Venkys has reached its first target

and - the Rovers Trust,from 200 members who have voted so far, are saying 97% to press for Venkys to leave

THE SILENT MAJORITY WANT TO RE-CLAIM THE CLUB.

sorry for my ignorance but who is on the Rovers Trust?

Supporters groups need to boycott the meeting and release a statement to the press as to why and explain the complete waste of time every other meeting has been over the past 6yrs.

Get one of the owners in the meeting and it'll be worthwhile, otherwise boycott.

Even Shaw didn't ask for pre-agreed questions, he just refused to answer and then 'support your team' jumped in.

Here are the minutes, that won't be allowed to be taken:

Answer Cheston 'That was before I arrived'

Answer Cheston 'I'm interested in the future not the past'

It's just a charade, everything to lose and nothing to gain.

I said it earlier but I really think a combined statement between the various fan groups presented to Cheston and circulated to local & national media along with the Football Supporters Federation, EFL, FA puts us in a stronger position. We cant then be criticised by Cheston et al and also stop ourselves being dragged into tit for tat arguments as well as preventing Cheston leading the narrative and spinning it to suit them.

I think a united front is imperative and also attendance to submit it to Cheston is imperative. We have to show that we are willing to engage but not in such a poorly thought out tokenistic meeting with someone who doesn't have the authority to enact change.

Was emailed during week, wednesday i think.

Re interview, this has hit stumbling block as I can't get platform to do it.

They are keen as mustard to do it, but with legal implications podcast has been ruled out.

If anyone can facilitate this interview, by doing the recording and get it out there please email me. I know this person is disappointed its been pulled

Spoken to someone this morning, won't name names, as they may not want to be named. Got the capabilities to facilitate interview and willing to do so, if expenses can be covered, currently waiting for answer on those costs. Anyone willing to be the interviewer? I am happy to do it, but don't want to **** on anyone's chips, as others may have volunteered. Channels for releasing interview are also in progress, also got a computer geek on board, which will come in handy, in terms of online publication

Supporters groups need to boycott the meeting and release a statement to the press as to why and explain the complete waste of time every other meeting has been over the past 6yrs.

Get one of the owners in the meeting and it'll be worthwhile, otherwise boycott.

Even Shaw didn't ask for pre-agreed questions, he just refused to answer and then 'support your team' jumped in.

Absolutely. We must mot fall for that old chestnut-"start again syndrome" !

Gav I 100% understand your views based on past meetings.

However now it should be different since the ruling that clubs must have 2 meetings per year and discuss issues of governance, etc.

There are guidelines for them to follow.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Structured-Relationship-discussion-paper-for-EWG.pdf

Tbh if those same questions get asked it will play out exactly as you say. Straight into Cheston's hands and he would be right.

Focus must be on now and future. Not past. Where we are now. Where are we going. Owners. When are they going to sell etc. Cheston cannot avoid the fact that he SHOULD be able to answer these questions relating to his watch.

An absolute must is for a letter in advance requesting attendance from an owner or representative such as Pasha.

No way Madame would attend.

It is reasonable to request and expect Cheston, Coar and Pasha.

Archived