BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

Frankly, as someone who took minutes as part of my job for many years and have taken minutes for the Fans Forum for over 8 years, there is no way anyone can produce detailed and accurate minutes of a meeting like the one we had last year. Even doing it from a recording would be very difficult as people were talking over each other and many did not give their names before speaking.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, only2garners said:

Frankly, as someone who took minutes as part of my job for many years and have taken minutes for the Fans Forum for over 8 years, there is no way anyone can produce detailed and accurate minutes of a meeting like the one we had last year. Even doing it from a recording would be very difficult as people were talking over each other and many did not give their names before speaking.

We need to avoid that this year. Fans need to be more articulate in line of questioning, listen for others with potentially detailed questions and wait for the moment.

Manners needed, patience included, everyone will get a go and a moment. 

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

I think these meetings are a great chance to hold the club accountable and that should be seized upon. I've submitted two questions to LV myself which ought to make them squirm.

In theory you're right Mike, but we must learn from the charade that took place last time out, that as fans we will never be taken seriously, we will never get answers or give these people sleepless nights, we should simply boycott the event because it sends a statement of intent, which incidentally has once again subsided due to new a manager being appointed and a coupe of wins :rolleyes:

How many times are we going to be a part of this farce, taken for mugs like the last time we met?

Frustrating.

Meetings are minuted all the time O2Gs. It can be done if the will is there. Mike E asked for a transcript because he's hard of hearing and the club couldn't help. 

Proper minuting would surely oblige all parties to conduct themselves properly. That's to everyone's advantage.

They could have, - at the very least transcribed from the LT audio and posted it in a more prominent position on the official website than under the fans forum minutes. Even that only came about from me pestering them I'm sure. I asked them to ensure that the next meeting would be advertised openly and that they keep properly recorded minutes, they said they would bring it up prior to the next meeting. I don't think they've given way in any way whatsoever. 

If these meetings aren't going to be minuted properly, then they will never achieve what the EFL wanted. Its important for everyone concerned that the fans can ask whatever questions they like of the management - and vice versa.

we have all this bluster from fans about wanting to know the truth. There won't be a better opportunity for anyone to ask searching questions than there is at these meetings. Likewise for the club.

Just now, den said:

They could have, - at the very least transcribed from the LT audio and posted it in a more prominent position on the official website than under the fans forum minutes. Even that only came about from me pestering them I'm sure. I asked them to ensure that the next meeting would be advertised openly and that they keep properly recorded minutes, they said they would bring it up prior to the next meeting. I don't think they've given way in any way whatsoever. 

If these meetings aren't going to be minuted properly, then they will never achieve what the EFL wanted. Its important for everyone concerned that the fans can ask whatever questions they like of the management - and vice versa.

we have all this bluster from fans about wanting to know the truth. There won't be a better opportunity for anyone to ask searching questions than there is at these meetings. Likewise for the club.

Spot on Den, hope you will be in attendance?

10 hours ago, den said:

As I mentioned to Mike earlier in the thread, in theory we can hold the club/management to account, but after the first meeting descended into farce, then subsequent 'minute gate' even more of a farce, why do we keep flogging a dead horse and jumping to the clubs tune?

Nobody in the room could answer questions last time, and nobody in the room will be able to answer questions this time either, its a complete waste of everyone's time.

I respect the fans putting in the effort, but a statement of why fans will not attend would have more of an impact, like it would have had before the F Forum swanned off to Pune and the last meeting of this type before Christmas. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think we somehow need to record this meeting and even if the club aren't prepared to release minutes, the attendees can. It is important in my view, if the club cannot answer any questions, awkward or otherwise, that we ensure these are followed up. Form the questions I have seen so far, if they are answered accurately, then we could be in for an interesting night. For those going and I know a few that are, I am sure you won't allow the clubs representative to fob you off.

3 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

Why not just record it ?

Produce the minutes later.

Guy who takes minutes at the meetings i attend always does this. How are the club going to have minutes of the previous meeting to approve and sign at this weeks meeting? Thought, at any properly constituted meeting, that was what you did.

There's certainly going to be some bullscreet spouted there. At least they've acknowledged the real questions for once but unless there has been a hidden sea change behind the scenes it'll be difficult to swallow the answers without some hard evidence.

Are there some new hidden investors now onboard and does Senior represent them ?   There was a rumour a while back........

A plan to cut the costs right back and run on a shoestring whilst filling the team with youth and loans in order for the next crop to grow and all be sold in a couple of years. Meanwhile the agents will keep themselves in beans by moving players out/paying them off whilst our billionaire mob with the name over the door do nothing. A bit like being in embargo again.

Basically a 5 year plan to stave off admin whilst keeping those % rolling in for the partners and costing Venkys next to nowt in the hope of a few big cup draws and live TV games to keep flashing their logo around to keep them quiet. Then another nice cashing in exercise before repeating the process.

That'll about cover it I reckon. The agency vehicle keeps on rolling !

Archived