BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

At least they admitted that our wage bill was still high (9th in the league).

Makes a mockery of the years of Cheston, Bowyer, Coyle etc using resources as an excuse for failure.

Says it all that the aim at the start of the season was to finish "higher than last year" i.e. Bottom half but safe. It's criminal where all that money is going, god only knows.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AAK said:

NYC mate. Not everyone turned up, but I don't know who, I don't know who some people are and I don't know who was there from rovers trust pal. I didn't really have a look at the list. 

Ok.

Just interested re fan group representation but really I should have known better.

Maybe next time the Club should offer it to the wider fanbase.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Paul Senior & Mike Cheston responded jointly to a question about finances and club debt at Blackburn @Rovers - https://t.co/uBbufrvanx

Greg Coar announces that Season Tickets out next week with a new membership scheme to be announced.

Season tickets will go on sale next month.

Renewal process will be shaken up, with a lot more focus online.

7:04pm

Greg Coar, head of commercial management, now speaking about season tickets.

7:04pm

Q: Pre-season will there be games abroad?

PS: "Discussions are ongoing with Tony as to what our pre-season plans will be.

"There are no plans to play games abroad, had invitations, it will be Tony's decision.

"We are considering a number of options at this moment in time."

7:02pm

Q: Will there be more than £250,000 spent in the summer window?

MC: "We made bids for other players that weren't accepted.

"We got a number of players in on loan and worked within our means.

"Mixed results (on summer recruitment).

"When you bring a manager in you support the manager."

PS: "January when there was pressure to bring in lots of players, I spent January assessing the squad.

"We had the ninth highest wage bill, we had some good players.  The talent is there.

"In terms of recruitment, Tony is here, good recruitment decisions, the management team we have put together is a good decision.

"In terms of January, our recruitment for where our priorities and needs are has been positive."

Early bird season tickets will be frozen at £299 until the end of May in the Blackburn End, with the second phase seeing a rise to £349.

Season tickets will be on sale from Wednesday.

ST price rise -even though we might be in league one?????

I don't have the benefit of being there but this just sounds like the same old self serving sh1te that they always come out with. Senior is a complete self obsessed two hat and Cheston should just be dismissed on the spot. The bloke is an illiterate.

Honestly , I am reading these responses, there's barely an answer worthy of the name . I am slowly getting into  a rage and I'm only sat at home FFS.

That statement from the .....owners . Aye ok-- complete and utter bull poo.

I think I have  had it with the Club after this season to be honest

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Thank you Chaddy for all the updates and links this evening.

Appreciated.

Thanks for that. I appreciated.

not everyone has access to the Internet or twitter during the meeting. But can look on here and see what was roughly said.

BBC Radio Lancs are broadcasting it tomorrow at 7pm

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Ok.

Just interested re fan group representation but really I should have known better.

Maybe next time the Club should offer it to the wider fanbase.

Yeh I agree, I'll mention it to Steven who communicates with the club.

NYC let their followers know who is attending but not sure others do.

12 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Apparently he's been offered 4 times as much elsewhere.. It's a short career you've got to get the best possible deal on offer 

Mahoney needs to be playing games not money. Mowbray is giving him game time and Mahoney has said he impressed by Mowbray.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mahoney needs to be playing games not money. Mowbray is giving him game time and Mahoney has said he impressed by Mowbray.

It's a short career the lad has to think of himself there's no loyalty in football.. I also know for a fact that Connor was impressed by Gary Bowyer.. Sentiments and loyalty and football doesn't come into chaddyrovers 

48 minutes ago, AAK said:

The meeting was another farce, in terms of Cheston, what is the guy doing, his slide show looked like it was produced in a cresh! 

Mowbray spoke well and is very passionate about the game and about the club.

Senior laughed at the remark in regards to his wife being an agent.

Cheston said he couldn't guarantee that we won't go into administration.

Mowbray is a football guy 

Where as senior and cheston should be nowhere near Ewood park 

It is pretty obvious that neither of the chuckle brothers can lie straight in bed 

Season tickets when the price rises after the 1st phase can't really see many takers.. Looking desperate for cash flow imo 

How did Senior come across from the people in the room?

From the Video clips Ive seen he was straight and honest.

Arthur Daley honest.... You've been had chaddyrovers 

Just now, Athlete said:

It's a short career the lad has to think of himself there's no loyalty in football.. I also know for a fact that Connor was impressed by Gary Bowyer.. Sentiments and loyalty and football doesn't come into chaddyrovers 

I know for an absolute fact he wasn't impressed with Bowyer. Connor had numerous loan offers throughout Bowyer's years (from League 1 and even Championship clubs) and Bowyer turned down every one of them, despite not giving him a chance in the team.

How did Senior come across from the people in the room?

From the Video clips Ive seen he was straight and honest.

He is a very professional, well dressed, well spoken and aggressive but not rude "salesman". Very convincing .....the next 6 months will tell if hes the real deal DoF or just a barrowboy.

ST's going on sale next month, membership schemes, are they finally running it like a proper set up ?  Then the high interest loans and cash flow probs pop up despite cuts and 30 mill players in 18 months out.

Struggling for money ?  You bet !    Senior a DOF or our own Trevor Birch ?

Just now, tomphil said:

ST's going on sale next month, membership schemes, are they finally running it like a proper set up ?  Then the high interest loans and cash flow probs pop up despite cuts and 30 mill players in 18 months out.

Struggling for money ?  You bet !    Senior a DOF or our own Trevor Birch ?

Give Trevor some credit he's actually qualified and a registered insolvency practitioner. Senior is a no body other than a scout

Archived