BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Funding For Protest-Rough Proposal

I am putting this out with some trepidation, so pleaes be gentle in your responses!

Some of you may remember Blackburn Rovers Chicken Train Blues on youtube.

It has been suggested to me that I should consider putting it out on a CD to raise funding for our protests-e.g.Rishi's film, adverts in The Times of India etc. I know Rishi is up for receiving funding in this way.

I have just asked a friendly recording studio and I have been told that they could do me 100 CD's printed with sick rose/Venky's Out logo, plus plastic wallet and inlay for approx 14p per CD. However I'd have to commit to 100....Obviously,, the cost may be a bit lower if I committed to more LOL.

NB I do not want to make any personal profit out of long suffering fellow fans, nor gain any publicity to my real name etc. Any advice welcome on what steps I could take towards transparency ( read and learn, Venky's!) to show no personal profit has accrued!

For all I know this could be a damp squib. However, if it did work, it would help finance our protests and I would have the satisfaction of contributing, rather than just moaning, which, as you know, I have done a lot on this message board!

Thoughts.....

I am putting this out with some trepidation, so pleaes be gentle in your responses!

It has been suggested to me that I should consider putting it out on a CD to raise funding for our protests-e.g.Rishi's film, adverts in The Times of India etc. I know Rishi is up for receiving funding in this way.

I have just asked a friendly recording studio and I have been told that they could do me 100 CD's printed with sick rose/Venky's Out logo, plus plastic wallet and inlay for approx 14p per CD. However I'd have to commit to 100....Obviously,, the cost may be a bit lower if I committed to more LOL.

NB I do not want to make any personal profit out of long suffering fellow fans, nor gain any publicity to my real name etc. Any advice welcome on what steps I could take towards transparency ( read and learn, Venky's!) to show no personal profit has accrued!

For all I know this could be a damp squib. However, if it did work, it would help finance our protests and I would have the satisfaction of contributing, rather than just moaning, which, as you know, I have done a lot on this message board!

Thoughts.....

This 100% get as many as possible. Obviously will be discussed in the meeting but it would be great to get all the documents, articles etc onto disks and handout at the games! To both Home & Away fans!

This 100% get as many as possible. Obviously will be discussed in the meeting but it would be great to get all the documents, articles etc onto disks and handout at the games! To both Home & Away fans!

Apologies all... I have messed up the maths. It's all about the decimal point! Thanks for your help, Perth and others....

My contact said £137.50 for 100 printed CD's plus wallet etc

That is £13.75 for 10

Therefore the actual cost per CD would be £1.38 for one....I said 14p( Eeeee-aww)

Anyway, if I go ahead and charge £3.00 per copy and sell a 100 that would be £300 minus £137.50 i.e £162.50 for Rishi's film, adverts in Indian press etc.I will take soundings on where people think it should go....

Obviously, the more I sold, the more for the fund.

On 100 -to break even, I would need to be sure of selling 45 or so...Are there 45 people, who would commit-After all, it's hardly Mr Cohen!

Unlike Uncle Jack, I can't afford to "think big" and I wouldn't risk getting 500 or 1000 done at the moment....

Please let me know....

Excellent job Leonard.

Thanks. I was gutted when my lad took it down over a year ago ( by accident, he said!)...it had 11,000 hits and the comments from Rovers fans showed the enormity of what these **** have done to our club....Venky'sOut!

Without wanting to pour cold water on this, why don't you hold off until after the open meeting? - there may be calls for ideas to raise funds there - and if you are attending then you could put it forward.

Without wanting to pour cold water on this, why don't you hold off until after the open meeting? - there may be calls for ideas to raise funds there - and if you are attending then you could put it forward.

I am sure that is good advice. And there may well be better ideas.I guess it will be about cost/benefit in the end...

I'll give you 3 quid Leonard. Or 4 quid, or 5 quid or whatever you decide next post. :)

I have discussed this again with my contact. The cost has gone down.

Given the information and the Venky's Out logo, already printed on the actual CD, there is no need for an inlay card.

This has reduced the hypothetical cost to £90 for 100 CDs.

Therefore, 300 sales would bring in £630 to the protest/profile raising fund, 500 would net £1050, 1000 would net £2,100 etc

f I go ahead, I would prefer to give it to some sort of existing supporter representative organisation that would select and agree methods of profile raising and protest..Does anyone know of a suitable supporters' group with a bank account?

My only stipulation is that it would have to be an organisation with a Venky's out agenda....

Thoughts.....

I was thinking about this earlier when raising funds was mentioned - one of the bands I'm in had 4 out of 5 Rovers fans, with 3 of those (only me left) who are ex season ticket holders.

I'm sure I could talk them into doing something for free - possibly a gig fund raiser.

Archived