BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

so there's really no point whatsoever of the WAR group?

Of course there is.

Multiple groups used to work the same as they do now. However now there is a unity among those groups, there is help offered all around. Today the BRFC Action Group works on many initiatives with Birdy and the Ewood Blues, in the past we have clashed on many things, however i firmly believe there are huge advantages in the two entities working together.

Rovers Trust has a pool of individuals within its ranks that are talented in their own fields, and we can quite often look into their committee and find people capable of doing things faster than what we can get them done, due to resources available.

Only yesterday a new initiative was mooted that will see the Ewood Blues and the Rovers Trust work together on, so they can make it a success between them, helping each other, together for positives results.

We now have multiple groups working together on things that before groups where working on individually.

The same as last week at the Ewood WMC, it brought together a group of individuals, who instead of working alone, are now pooling what they have together to work in unity, which is also massively beneficial.

I couldn't possibly agree that discussions, co-operation and unity among the fan base holds 'no point whatsoever', because there is no doubt in my mind that not having this, has been so counter productive in recent years.

If people continue to view it as a new group in its own right, then they will continue to be disappointed, simply because that is not what is happening.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why is W.A.R needed to do any of that? Does Simon Garner know he has endorsed something that let's groups talk to each other, and not one super group? WhatsApp does that too you know, would have also saved a public meeting

Why wouldn't he endorse groups showing unity and working together on an array of initiatives?

The public meeting was for people to get their issues across and offer to help out where they could help. Those issues have been taken on board (a key one was a unified approach) and are being worked at ongoing amongst other things.

It was never launched as a 'super-group' and I'm not sure why you thought it was. If that's what people misinterpreted then they need to realise this is not what it is.

Of course there is.

Multiple groups used to work the same as they do now. However now there is a unity among those groups, there is help offered all around. Today the BRFC Action Group works on many initiatives with Birdy and the Ewood Blues, in the past we have clashed on many things, however i firmly believe there are huge advantages in the two entities working together.

Rovers Trust has a pool of individuals within its ranks that are talented in their own fields, and we can quite often look into their committee and find people capable of doing things faster than what we can get them done, due to resources available.

Only yesterday a new initiative was mooted that will see the Ewood Blues and the Rovers Trust work together on, so they can make it a success between them, helping each other, together for positives results.

We now have multiple groups working together on things that before groups where working on individually.

The same as last week at the Ewood WMC, it brought together a group of individuals, who instead of working alone, are now pooling what they have together to work in unity, which is also massively beneficial.

I couldn't possibly agree that discussions, co-operation and unity among the fan base holds 'no point whatsoever', because there is no doubt in my mind that not having this, has been so counter productive in recent years.

If people continue to view it as a new group in its own right, then they will continue to be disappointed, simply because that is not what is happening.

SURELY WORKING TOGETHER DOESNT NEED A "GROUP WITH A NAME"?

Why wouldn't he endorse groups showing unity and working together on an array of initiatives?

The public meeting was for people to get their issues across and offer to help out where they could help. Those issues have been taken on board (a key one was a unified approach) and are being worked at ongoing amongst other things.

It was never launched as a 'super-group' and I'm not sure why you thought it was. If that's what people misinterpreted then they need to realise this is not what it is.

Unified. One group. You still have all the separate groups. W.A.R is pointless

Hi Mark

I understand what WAR is but many don't and think nothing has happened since KGH.

Problem is communication.

Take the poster which Paul has tweeted about the leaflets as an example.

This is on his twitter and the BRFCAG twitter. Nowhere else.

Taking just twitter pages....

Its not on yours.

Not on WAR

Not on Trust or prominant members.

Not on ewoodblues

Not on BRFCS or SteB

Not on Glens

Its only on this site because I noticed it on Paul's twitter and posted a link.

I mean I don't use twitter, I just read a few peoples and come on here.

I presume there is a parallel universe on Facebook as well which I don't use but many fans will.

Abbey uses twitter but found out on here although plan was agreed last Wednesday.

Not getting at anyone pal. You are one of the better communicators. The Trust communicate nothing that I see.

But you can see why many who went to KGH will be thinking...so what are WAR doing? Nothing.

Unity in the background is great.

Unity and a cohesive communication strategy is missing or ad hoc.

Different fans in different groups and using different medias all need same information.

Footnote. Please forgive my ignorance and accept my apology if I just don't understand how twitter works.

Hi Mark

I understand what WAR is but many don't and think nothing has happened since KGH.

Problem is communication.

Take the poster which Paul has tweeted about the leaflets as an example.

This is on his twitter and the BRFCAG twitter. Nowhere else.

Taking just twitter pages....

Its not on yours.

Not on WAR

Not on Trust or prominant members.

Not on ewoodblues

Not on BRFCS or SteB

Not on Glens

Its only on this site because I noticed it on Paul's twitter and posted a link.

I mean I don't use twitter, I just read a few peoples and come on here.

I presume there is a parallel universe on Facebook as well which I don't use but many fans will.

Abbey uses twitter but found out on here although plan was agreed last Wednesday.

Not getting at anyone pal. You are one of the better communicators. The Trust communicate nothing that I see.

But you can see why many who went to KGH will be thinking...so what are WAR doing? Nothing.

Unity in the background is great.

Unity and a cohesive communication strategy is missing or ad hoc.

Different fans in different groups and using different medias all need same information.

Footnote. Please forgive my ignorance and accept my apology if I just don't understand how twitter works.

The poster was deliberately not posted online as I didnt want it seeing and forgetting which does happen. It will be on every social media platform over the next 24 hours, this way it will be fresh in people minds and not bogged down a page.

The groups under the War umbrella are all working hard on a number of individual projects, and at least one event. Also are involved with assisting a number of projects not directly under that umbrella.

To say they are doing nothing is grossly unfair. Its just a lot of it has been behind the scenes. (unless you count me, who has done very little as the day jobs been manic recently)

On a more recent note, theres the leaflets going around this weekend (If anybody wants to volunteer to help there, please feel free)

Unified. One group. You still have all the separate groups. W.A.R is pointless

It is unified. There is no point the Ewood Blues doing one protest, and Brag another. Its about working together and not against each other.

To say they are doing nothing is grossly unfair. Its just a lot of it has been behind the scenes. (unless you count me, who has done very little as the day jobs been manic recently)

In fairness, you can't really blame people for reaching that conclusion. The different fan-groups continue to work independently of each other but we've seen little collaborative effort from WAR so far.

I can say hand on heart that the BRFCAG have been working on things on a daily basis, what I can also say is that I personally have had help on things from guys at Rovers Trust, Ewood Blues and people from the Pro Active meeting at EWMC. Which is pretty much how I hoped WAR would work.

Rovers fans supporting different groups can only be good news for us all and bad news for Venkys surely? The groups involved have stopped sniping each other.... when the whole fan base do so then we have a good chance of winning.

It appears you can fill it in more than once so get on it people!

Not a good idea , ip addresses will no doubt be logged and considering they are going to do their own research to make up a % of the score trying to manipulate the survey results might not be looked on well.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting!!

I've just received an email from Rovers regarding half STs

The subject line and strap line in the body email is:

We Are Rovers

Clever?

Monty Python's Life Of Brian:

We're The Peoples Front Of Judaea!

No, we're The Peoples Front Of Judaea!

No, we're The Peoples Front Of Judaea!

:brfc:

Archived