BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

The first four or five replies to an article on the protests in the LT absolutely stunned me.

Head in sand, or what.

Unbelievable.

I believe those opinions are representative of a high percentage of our current season ticket holders. One quoted the £11m spend on players which was used in the heavily biased presentation last week. This is a complete misnomer. That figure is entirely made up of wages and potential bonuses, a fraction of that was spent on transfer fees. And that figure is more than cancelled out by the wages of players who have left not even taking into account the transfer fees received for them.

I think some people are just plain stupid and believe any propaganda from the mouth of Charlie Chester.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The 18-75 protest will still go ahead and you will still be able to take part in it, however it was hoped that this would not be the only form of protest that day. There was other things discussed at the meeting, such as whistles, boycotting supporters actions and by many, in game disruption.

In the build up to the announcement for the 18in-75out protest, other elements had been discussed and where to be announced, and it was key that this was not just released on the internet, but to the wider supporter base too. However having picked up the LT yesterday morning, it appears we are just going down the road of an 18in-75out protest now, and nothing more was mentioned.

As for the information leaflet, yes these will be with us by the weekend, and plans to distribute them are underway

I say pish to the LET article, let's try and get something else going too! The walk will not be enough on its own even if we had up to 25% of our attendees doing it.

Whistles, banners, inflatables, tennis balls. Do it all, do it loud, do it proud!

I say pish to the LET article, let's try and get something else going too! The walk will not be enough on its own even if we had up to 25% of our attendees doing it.

Whistles, banners, inflatables, tennis balls. Do it all, do it loud, do it proud!

100% in agreement

I think some people are just plain stupid and believe any propaganda from the mouth of Charlie Chester.

Unfortunately , that is correct !

I have also noted that the Wolves game ticket prices are category A , now there's a surprise !

Cat A for an non-derby televised match is so obviously done to price out the rabble.

How much does that make JW lower?

I believe those opinions are representative of a high percentage of our current season ticket holders. One quoted the £11m spend on players which was used in the heavily biased presentation last week. This is a complete misnomer. That figure is entirely made up of wages and potential bonuses, a fraction of that was spent on transfer fees. And that figure is more than cancelled out by the wages of players who have left not even taking into account the transfer fees received for them.

The thing people are missing in all that is we'll no doubt have to sell someone else in future just to fund that so called 11 million that's been allegedly tied up.

The thing people are missing in all that is we'll no doubt have to sell someone else in future just to fund that so called 11 million that's been allegedly tied up.

I wonder how this supposed £11million invested in future contacts of new players balances against the money saved on the wages of Rhodes, Hanley and Co Rhodes alone was on a reported £2million plus a year salary.

I wonder how this supposed £11million invested in future contacts of new players balances against the money saved on the wages of Rhodes, Hanley and Co Rhodes alone was on a reported £2million plus a year salary.

Add in the fact most of it is dead money because there'll be very little re-sale value as it's been mostly chucked out on loans and deals for guys in their 30's.

Also I wonder what the agent % is on that 11 mill ?

One look at the league table would suggest it's another £11 million flushed down the 'bog' along with the previous £100 million +.

Hardly a cause for celebration or eulogising over Cheston, is it?

I touched on this on another thread the other night. W.A.R is not a new organisation, it is an umbrella which 4 existing supporter organisations stand under to reach the same goal - new owners.

Each organisation continues to operate in its own right, as they did before, whilst some initiatives will be worked on together by a couple, a few, or all 4 organisations, where possible.

I, as chairman of the BRFC Action Group can only speak on behalf of our organisation.

We attended the Bi-Annual club meeting last week and posed difficult questions to the top table, which was well documented. Whilst this meeting began at 6pm, it was the early hours of Friday morning before the evening ended for some of our committee members because as soon as we left this meeting, we traveled immediately to Manchester to meet with a reporter from the Telegraph on the back of their exposures last week, the meeting being arranged very quickly and confirmed at extremely short notice.

On the back of the Bi-Annual meeting with the club, and what occurred during this meeting, we released a statement.

We have worked closely and in conjunction with the Ewood Blues to discuss and put in place plans for the protests which were discussed at the open floor meeting last month. The planned protest was first discussed between myself and Birdy at the game in Cardiff back in August, once it was made public at King Georges Hall, work has been put in, to piece it all together, not just in terms of the 1875 protest but other elements which were also discussed at the meeting - and not just for the game against Wolves.

Many people are of the opinion that people arriving late won't be visual enough, and people leaving early will be misinterpreted. What happens between the 18th and the 75th minute is extremely important to those people! A lot of people want action and a lot of people want disruption - somebody said to me at the weekend that if Sky TV have to cancel programs or delay schedules due to the coverage of the game at Ewood overrunning schedule, then this will be the only success - and many people feel like this. People want to do more than arrive late and leave early and want to see action similar to the tactics used by Charlton Fans. For instance, if in the 75th minute, its 1-1 and Rovers are looking like they may score a winner, this alone will stop many people walking out....and an opportunity in front of the sky cameras will be wasted.

We have held these discussions and that is why there was going to be more announcements than the 18-75 protest, however a press release was issued by people not involved in these discussions, who appear to be organising something similar, but with less elements than what us and the Ewood Blues had discussed, and this press release got out first, which in turn nullified our release which was released later that day. As a result of this, the potential disruption element didn't make the local paper, and neither did the mention of protests at the next two home games before Wolves, which is a shame - because getting it out to the non-internet using supporter was a massive opportunity that has now been diluted slightly, as i was unaware other people had been organising a similar protest - after all - this was labelled 'Walk with Birdy". An opportunity missed, which is disappointing and was avoidable.

What happens now in terms of protests at the next two games, and in terms of the protest at Wolves? Well, there is a chance that it will now be confined to the 18-75 in-out element only, and we can only hope that this isn't misinterpreted or diluted due to how the game sits on 75, or how spread out people are, or how many take part etc. It was also key to us that the boycotting supporters played their part and a platform was provided for them to be involved that day, but again this was another element that will now be difficult for the same reasons.

So there has been movement and there has been work ongoing, i touched on our lack of communication recently as did Paul and we both agree that there is a need to be more active on here in terms of discussions. Many of those involved of the four organisations speak daily, and myself, Ste, Wayne and Birdy touch base with each other when one of us feels the need to discuss something - so there is ongoing dialogue,

I'm sure someone from the Rovers Trust will be better placed to discuss on here where they are at and what progress has been made since the open floor meeting, i know there is a lot of background work going into the trip to Pune but i feel any progress updates on that would be better coming from those more involved with it.

I hope this answers at least some peoples concerns, and i will endeavor to be on here at least daily to be more open on ideas and initiatives, and discussions as mentioned earlier.

Bold part. Surely you see the problem we have all been talking about with this.

You guys have your discussions privately as part of your W.A.R collective which nobody has any idea about as nobody has discussed anything in a month with anybody outside of war, including Brfcs which this forum is intrinsically linked to, and where most of 1875 discussion has been taking place.

As Glen is not allowed to be apart of W.A.R for 'Trust' issues, he doesn't know what the hell is going on, sets up his own thing publicises things announced at the public meeting a MONTH ago, something which should have been done a MONTH ago. If he was involved it wouldn't have had to happen. Sure we did all say this at the beginning though?

Not a criticism of the action group as I think you guys do a good job, but the others...

Cat A for any game against oppo that might bring 1k plus fans these days. Live tv and the boycott there'll be lucky to be 6 thousand home fans will but will it get passed off as a form of protest ?

Will it balls.

Discussing poor ownership of clubs on talksh*te, I wanted to call in before I started work but arrived late due to traffic.They seemed to mention every other club in turmoil but ours and we're arguably the worst case. I was going to mention loss of fans, debt, the decline of our league position since they took over and their refusal to talk to fans and how they didn't visit for 2 years. Was also going to mention the answer already exists over in Germany with 50+1 rule.

Discussing poor ownership of clubs on talksh*te, I wanted to call in before I started work but arrived late due to traffic.They seemed to mention every other club in turmoil but ours and we're arguably the worst case. I was going to mention loss of fans, debt, the decline of our league position since they took over and their refusal to talk to fans and how they didn't visit for 2 years. Was also going to mention the answer already exists over in Germany with 50+1 rule.

A really poor excuse of a radio station run by more ill informed drunks on the gravy train, I smashed one radio listening to that **** Brazil back in the king rat era, and have only listened to one show since with Colin Murray talking about us and he's leaving the station.

Don't torture yourself Neal, switch that **** off.

Sadly though Gav, there are plenty of non-Rovers fans who are a bit............slow who'll swallow their biased, half cut nonsense so we'll be seen as moaning northern twits. Modern football is all about the top of the top teams. The underdogs, the 'bread and butter' teams can eff off as far as English football is concerned.

Sadly though Gav, there are plenty of non-Rovers fans who are a bit............slow who'll swallow their biased, half cut nonsense so we'll be seen as moaning northern twits. Modern football is all about the top of the top teams. The underdogs, the 'bread and butter' teams can eff off as far as English football is concerned.

There are plenty of Rovers fans who could fall into that bracket too. A few of them post on here.

In other news, what have WAR done since the meeting six weeks ago? Seriously, I'd like to know if they've done anything noteworthy other than slap together a rubbish logo.

There are plenty of Rovers fans who could fall into that bracket too. A few of them post on here.

In other news, what have WAR done since the meeting six weeks ago? Seriously, I'd like to know if they've done anything noteworthy other than slap together a rubbish logo.

As i posted last week, each group operates as it did before.

Twice last week i answered this question with up dates on what the BRFC Action Group has been up to.

We have spent this week in discussion with CARD and other groups about our next moves in terms of a nationwide campaign, and we have plans for statements being made away from Ewood that i can't go into in the public domain.

We had a committee meeting last night and will start making more progress on the back of that over the next week.

The other groups operating under WAR (what is just a unified umbrella), will have to update you on their progress as i have done on ours since the meeting.

Archived