BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was no denial though ;)

Gaz would have walked. It takes a special kind of charlatan to stand there and pretend to be a manager while somebody else is picking the team. He would lose any credibility he had if that were the case.

• Backroom

I don't think it's a case of doing well more based on how the games going.

As mentioned last week if it's delicately poised or we are winning the vast majority will do nothing and the cameras will catch a handful ambling out.

Personally think this isn't the best course of action and the whistles, balls and disruption is better and more impactful with lower numbers

I don't think it's a case of doing well more based on how the games going.

As mentioned last week if it's delicately poised or we are winning the vast majority will do nothing and the cameras will catch a handful ambling out.

Personally think this isn't the best course of action and the whistles, balls and disruption is better and more impactful with lower numbers

The WAR lot need to get off the pot and decide if the 18/75 really is a protest or not. The world is moving on without them.

We need less Chamberlain and more Churchill.

Gaz would have walked. It takes a special kind of charlatan to stand there and pretend to be a manager while somebody else is picking the team. He would lose any credibility he had if that were the case.

Its all about the money. Why walk, when the owners will pay him millions to do a @#/? job. The club was and is still in a rubbish position, but will they @#/? off? Im not even sure why they are still here, unless its to asset strip until there is nothing left.

Who will be the first poster to now fickley say don't protest now because we are doing well

Not me and not you Abbey. Venkys Out!

The WAR lot need to get off the pot and decide if the 18/75 really is a protest or not. The world is moving on without them.

We need less Chamberlain and more Churchill.

I think we are going to find all impetus has withered away for a large majority. I now can't see anything being achieved by 18/75. That's not to say I don't support it or think it's a bad idea but that I do think there won't be sufficient numbers to make a visible impact. Whistles etc. possibly because as Tom says this disguises numbers.

Compare the general interest level and posts on here and the India media activity three weeks ago with today and I think it's clear where 18/75 is heading.

Very disappointed in the whole WAR thing.

People whistling - especially if it interrupts play - will be rounded upon. No doubt in my mind.

A chance has been missed to get the details and reasons out to the fans in order to gain support. Thinking that it was a long way off has been the mistake.

The Rovers fanbase is a strange beast.

I hate to use the 'spoilt' line, because it infers we 'expect' PL football etc, I and I imagine many others never did, I always appreciated that we were one bad decision away from relegation and all that would bring.

However I believe that we were spoilt by having such a well run club for so long, for Ewood being generally an amiable place to spend an afternoon. it has made many of us soft.

The Rotherham game being a case in point, I by chance happened to be sitting next to the famous Marion and we, of course put the world to rights. At half time we were chatting to a few others around us, to a man they were gutted about the state of the club, how it was a completely avoidable, how they were the last folk standing from their group, how the local community, pubs etc. had suffered and so on. They didn't sound like 'happy clappe*s' to me, but just the kind of folk you would expect to be involved with 18-75 and whatever else. However as soon as an odd 'Venky's Out' chant started, they turned 'FFS not this again', 'just get behind the team'.

I would wager that such conversations were replicated across Ewood that day, but woe betide anyone that disrupts that harmonious Ewood Park atmosphere.

18-75 will flop and will flop badly.

I hate to use the 'spoilt' line, because it infers we 'expect' PL football etc, I and I imagine many others never did, I always appreciated that we were one bad decision away from relegation and all that would bring.

However I believe that we were spoilt by having such a well run club for so long, for Ewood being generally an amiable place to spend an afternoon. it has made many of us soft.

The Rotherham game being a case in point, I by chance happened to be sitting next to the famous Marion and we, of course put the world to rights. At half time we were chatting to a few others around us, to a man they were gutted about the state of the club, how it was a completely avoidable, how they were the last folk standing from their group, how the local community, pubs etc. had suffered and so on. They didn't sound like 'happy clappe*s' to me, but just the kind of folk you would expect to be involved with 18-75 and whatever else. However as soon as an odd 'Venky's Out' chant started, they turned 'FFS not this again', 'just get behind the team'.

I would wager that such conversations were replicated across Ewood that day, but woe betide anyone that disrupts that harmonious Ewood Park atmosphere.

It'll flop badly because it's a crap idea. We where doing just fine, trending on twitter, raising money, leaking information and buying press in India. Next thing you know we're all arguing about why we should/shouldn't protest and the effects of playing musical chairs at Ewood.

its certainly looking that way...makes you wonder if its been orchestrated by the top table to make it look like an idea to make it look like "something" is being done but they have "other" plans.

I still believe that a lot of Rovers fans who still go still genuinely believe that Venkys are benefactors and will still be our saviours and get us back to the PL. This is something I just can't understand and frustrates me. They don't have to read the latest blog from Glen or be aware of the recent revelations about Kean and Kentaro. They should just look at the way the club has been for the last six years and ask themselves where the money has gone. And being honest about this Ewood Blues have only recently switched on the fact that we need rid of Venkys and yet seem to be involved in the decision making regarding any protests.

I have come to the conclusion that some of our supporter base deserve Venkys as owners and their misguided mantra of 'get behind the team' undermines an objective to which we should all be working towards.

I too believe that the 18/75 protest will be massive embarrassment for the reasons above.

What are those lads up to? Wayne Wild must have found a Director's Chair by now. What a shambles.

A complete lack of organisation and communication has all but killed it dead. Added to it, we have got a couple of results, which has made people forget about protesting all the more.

Archived