BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick first draft of the leaflets I mentioned in the Owen Coyle thread. Please be gentle. Any suggestions are most welcome.

4335e1b24c.jpg

433ff21d7f.jpg

Good start but too many quotes for me. Should be bolder, easy obvious text on the front with visit VenkysOut.com for more on the bottom.

Thanks. Perhaps I should leave out the line about the directors, thinking about it.

Sorry Madon, I should've added VenkysOut.com somewhere!

Anybody remember the last time they graced us with their presence?

I think the line about the directors is a big point which also there is proof of this being documented.I personally think that being in the concourse for that length of time it will become a major Health and Safety issue which we must work with the club on this. I will personally stop outside the ground and enter on the 18th minute and leave via the front of the stand on the 75th minute.

Evening Reidy.

Three things from me...

1. £40m transfer income this summer?! That's surely not right. Last 18 months perhaps?

2. Venkysout. I get it. But what does it mean? What do we actually want them to do? We want them to put the club up for sale. Simple as that. No harm in stating that in my opinion. Otherwise you'll have "venkysout, and then what? The club will shut overnight" - people will take it literally, don't give them the chance

3. Division. The whole protest / non protest thing has done more to divide the fans than anything else (root cause Venkys and associates - you can stop typing Abs). Something along the lines of... "If you want change, if you want to see new owners come in and attempt to rebuild the club then please join us on etc etc. If you don't then we understand, you have paid for a seat after all. We are all Rovers fans, we all want wants best for the club. This is our chance to show our displeasure in front of a TV audience. We hope that fans can at least unite and respect each other but surely most fans are now aware that a change of ownership is essential if Blackburn Rovers is to continue to exist. We all deserve better than the negligent Venkys"

Or words to that effect. Someone can no doubt reword that far better than me (at this time of night). It's too long for a start. I just think more needs to be done to bring fans together. I mean your far more likely to get someone to join in if you can sympathise and empathise with them rather than calling them all the names under the sun.

And people should stop concentrating on individuals and start concentrating on those who may well need a bit more back ground education and a bit of gentle persuasion. As I said about a week ago, I'd be amazed if there's over a 1000 joining in.

It may change though. Great job with the leaflets.

Oh and p.s. "Who's Birdy"? Yes, I know who he is, many do. But don't assume everyone does.

Some good points, Bob.

Not sure how to make it snappy but my view is:

Venkys will not listen to anyone - not even the club's fans or offers to help - which means there is no chance of new owners. We want to make them listen, by letting them know it's not just a minority who believe they have done enough damage, and we want them to sell before it's too late for the club to recover.

Even with a 10 point deduction clubs still bounce back because Administrators actively listen to potential buyers and there are enough people who care about this club to take over the reigns. If Venkys close the doors we might not get that opportunity.

Do you trust Venkys to do the right thing for Blackburn Rovers?

A disunited fanbase helps them; a minority joining the protests is exactly what their advisors are hoping for, so that we can be dismissed once and for all.

18/75 - in on 18, out on 75 - I'm prepared to give up watching the club I love for 33 minutes to show football that it is not a minority who have lost patience. This is the first step of many, even if you take no part in further protests, will you take this one with us and help to show the strength of feeling of our fanbase, to avoid Venkys' advisors being able to say "It's a small, noisy group, the majority of fans love you"?

#venkysout

(The only thing missing is an active, viable, publicised Seneca-led consortium offer to back - the leap of faith is that I believe there will be one).

Don't mention administration/points deduction, might be misconstrued as meaning Venkys Out results in admin/points deducted but Venkys In doesn't. Might dissuade some of the waverers.

People already think it. They're not daft, it needs addressing head on.

Some good points, Bob.

Not sure how to make it snappy but my view is:

Venkys will not listen to anyone - not even the club's fans or offers to help - which means there is no chance of new owners. We want to make them listen, by letting them know it's not just a minority who believe they have done enough damage, and we want them to sell before it's too late for the club to recover.

Even with a 10 point deduction clubs still bounce back because Administrators actively listen to potential buyers and there are enough people who care about this club to take over the reigns. If Venkys close the doors we might not get that opportunity.

Do you trust Venkys to do the right thing for Blackburn Rovers?

A disunited fanbase helps them; a minority joining the protests is exactly what their advisors are hoping for, so that we can be dismissed once and for all.

18/75 - in on 18, out on 75 - I'm prepared to give up watching the club I love for 33 minutes to show football that it is not a minority who have lost patience. This is the first step of many, even if you take no part in further protests, will you take this one with us and help to show the strength of feeling of our fanbase, to avoid Venkys' advisors being able to say "It's a small, noisy group, the majority of fans love you"?

#venkysout

(The only thing missing is an active, viable, publicised Seneca-led consortium offer to back - the leap of faith is that I believe there will be one).

For me -needs to be a bit more punchy -

Under l :blink:ns reign 'LOOK WHERE WE WERE - AND WHERE ARE WE NOW' effect - ( I can't bring myself to type their name)

Like Bob allays to also - try to unite everybody - IF YOU WANT CHANGE FROM 6 YEARS OF MISERY - ACT NOW

I have questioned you previously, and do believe your heart is in the right place.

The whole Rhodes thing is just beyond words though. It's interesting to read but I feel you are damaging yourself with these blogs.

With this and substitute text gate it all massively damages your credibility.

No it doesn't imo.

Just an update. I contacted WAR to see if they could help with getting these out and apparently there's already something in the pipeline.

I'll carry on working on it and get something finished just in case, but for now, I'll hold off paying for anything until I know what WAR are doing.

The offer to help out in any way they need to get this out there quickly is still there though.

• Backroom

No it doesn't imo.

I don't think it damages Glen personally and it's brave of him to come out in the open with it all and I think ultimately it helps the cause but it does contradict the notion that things need to be democratic as it shows it hasn't always been that way as far as fan involvement is concerned - be it unintentionally or not

At least Glen suggested someone who was a success didn't Tombo once suggest players to Vineeth Rao?

I do wonder if Shebby could be key to us if he was on side.

Intreagued to see what comes next from the memoirs!

Phrasing it as 'even with a 10 point deduction...' is going to set alarm bells off for the uneducated. It makes it sound like Venkys are keeping us afloat, no casual fan is going to side with a protest after that.

I have bumped into several fans since the summer who believe that the Indians are keeping us solvent and are grateful to them for that. When I tell them I have stopped going because of the Indians I get strange looks and have had comments about disloyalty and not being a proper fan. I now believe that these people make up a significant number of the 8000 or so Ewood regulars and they just won't join in any protests however peaceful and tame they may be.

For me -needs to be a bit more punchy -

Under l :blink:ns reign 'LOOK WHERE WE WERE - AND WHERE ARE WE NOW' effect - ( I can't bring myself to type their name)

Like Bob allays to also - try to unite everybody - IF YOU WANT CHANGE FROM 6 YEARS OF MISERY - ACT NOW

I agree. The essence of my post is what I think needs to be said (in a more digestible form). People need to have an alternative while there is still the perception of choice. But a leaflet needs to grab the attention too or people won't read it.

I've said for a while now that Seneca need to show their hand. How long do they keep their powder dry to be able to give the Venkys a dignified exit? It could be indefinite. At some point Seneca may have to resign themselves to only dealing with administrators. When they reach that point they need to go public.

If they don't want to show their hand in case an opportunist administrator tried to increase the club value accordingly then it's a bit of a risk. It also means the fans won't be able to get on board and support them until post-admin.

I have bumped into several fans since the summer who believe that the Indians are keeping us solvent and are grateful to them for that. When I tell them I have stopped going because of the Indians I get strange looks and have had comments about disloyalty and not being a proper fan. I now believe that these people make up a significant number of the 8000 or so Ewood regulars and they just won't join in any protests however peaceful and tame they may be.

Arbitro, there are none so blind as those that cannot see! :brfc:

Haha Jim winduplkzz just described us as mentally ill on here even used one of my quotes from here.ive made it now... Hey weirdo care to make yourself known on here or just hide like a little girl.... Good idea who you are by the defence of the potential scabs.

Why 'walk with birdy'? Because he came up with the idea? Sounds ridiculous imo, call it 'in on 18, out on 75' or something.

Missing the point entirely.

This is not a "BRAG protest", this is a "hardcore fan protest".

Don't mention administration/points deduction, might be misconstrued as meaning Venkys Out results in admin/points deducted but Venkys In doesn't. Might dissuade some of the waverers.

That's a very good point seeing as the general feeling you get from people is I hate them but they're still paying the bills.

Closer inspection would say maybe not but most aren't aware of the finer details.....yet.

That's a very good point seeing as the general feeling you get from people is I hate them but they're still paying the bills.

Closer inspection would say maybe not but most aren't aware of the finer details.....yet.

Ok then.

Venkys - incumbent, the only 'sure thing' is a more misery

Seneca? - hopefully but Venkys allegedly won't speak to them unless they hand over upwards of £120m (cough)

Admin? - probable, just a question of 'on whose terms'

White Knight Fan? - hugely improbable, but not impossible

Venkys sell to vultures to strip the carcass? - entirely possible

Venkys sell to foreign buyer with more money and better ideas than Venkys as to how to run Rovers - with their so called pride? - zero chance

So what do we tell people? We are back to #venkysout and the alternative is not addressed.

To pretend admin isn't to be talked about (until Venkys at some point decide to do so - inevitably at some point) is naive in the extreme. And just keeps the fans siding with 'better the devil you know' if the protestors aren't prepared to confront, let alone embrace it, the we can stop worrying about leaflets.

Might be better headlining it with the more recent stuff like the income over the past 18 months and the non buying of players, closing of parts of ground, no directors etc.

Start with the stuff that's fresh in the mind that people are presently @#/? off about then follow it with the more gritty stuff. That way you've got the attention straight away by things people actually have seen happening and can't dismiss it as unproven conspiracy. Then it's it a case of hey look what the last 5 years have brought do you really think the next 5 will bring anything different, look at Coventry City, Charlton, Blackpool for a real glimpse into the next 10 years under this regime.

Maybe a pointer to the website for all the real nitty gritty stuff rather than blasting too much info at once, just outline it an wet the appetite.

Archived