SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

I was under the impression that, as it was a mural, the picture was to be painted directly onto the brickwork, rather than on a banner that was to be hung there. Was it changed at the last minute or was the banner 'mural' always intended?

There was actually a painting started on the wall a couple of months ago. Might be worth going back a couple of pages...

25 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I was under the impression that, as it was a mural, the picture was to be painted directly onto the brickwork, rather than on a banner that was to be hung there. Was it changed at the last minute or was the banner 'mural' always intended?

We live in interesting times so the banner 'mural' is a brilliant solution.

They seek it here, they seek it there...that dammed elusive bannermural.

Oh for it to appear on FA Cup day......on the Rovers Shop at Ewood. Day dreaming...........

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Next best alternative I believe, after alleged club and council interference.

I like it! Means it can go up wherever we want it to go, and is more easily protected from being defaced.

The banner is a perfect alternative to the Mural. There were several problems with painting it directly on to the wall, including problems with Thwaites and the council. I know first hand that a lot of work has gone in to this and what has been produced is effective and an excellent piece of work. Well dome to all involved.

Just now, 1arC said:

The banner is a perfect alternative to the Mural. There were several problems with painting it directly on to the wall, including problems with Thwaites and the council. I know first hand that a lot of work has gone in to this and what has been produced is effective and an excellent piece of work. Well dome to all involved.

Agreed - loads of people's time and patience has been given up for free to ensure that imagery had its place on a road full of obstacles, despite negativity such as 'stupidity', 'playing too fast' and even 'stealing people's money' coming from Twitter. 

On 1/31/2017 at 7:34 PM, J*B said:

Agreed - loads of people's time and patience has been given up for free to ensure that imagery had its place on a road full of obstacles, despite negativity such as 'stupidity', 'playing too fast' and even 'stealing people's money' coming from Twitter. 

I was surprised to see the mural on display within the ground yesterday and no apparent attempt to remove it by the stewards. I don't think it was picked up by the cameras at any point or at least not in the highlights I have seen. It must have taken some doing getting it into the ground, as it is quite bulky when folded up. Top effort by those involved.

5 hours ago, Hanks said:

It must have taken some doing getting it into the ground, as it is quite bulky when folded up. Top effort by those involved.

I got sussed out with my banner at the wolves game, but they let it in nonetheless, because it didn't contain any offensive language. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived