BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

If anyone knows a farmer with land on either side of the M65 a 40 ft trailer with the mural on it parked in a field next to it would get seen not just by thousands daily but by a lot of away fans as they approach Blackburn.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone knows a farmer with land on either side of the M65 a 40 ft trailer with the mural on it parked in a field next to it would get seen not just by thousands daily but by a lot of away fans as they approach Blackburn.

And no more softly softly approach. After this, these @#/?s need shaming.

Just off the top of my head...what about approaching the building that's (I think) empty on the road up to the ground that has the dodgy neon lights inside, at the corner of Bolton road and Calico street? Still within relative spitting distance of the ground...according to google maps (not sure how accurate that is) the people that own it are t-shirt printers...could even ask them if we could print venkys out tshirts through them in exchange for using the wall space? Would bring them in a lot of free publicity and endear them to most of he locals, and in turn potentially help their business?

End terrace house on Nutall street right across from club shop at BBE.

Knock on door and ask if we can paint side of their house. Bet they say...ok.

Huge blank canvas...i mean wall

What about one of those driven advertising boards? Park it wherever one fancies.

Park it all week except match days when it could be driven around Ewood. Would have to have perfect tyres and brakes though. The police would be all over it. They're efficient like that .

. Let's get it right Thwaites have blocked the mural....

Wait for the chain of events to come out maybe? Lets see which of the Venkys collaborators contacted them, but yes bottom line Thwaites have blocked the mural.Which reminds me of this story. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thwaites-brewery-sign-lights-changed-3059037

Might have saved Dereks job as landlord,if that had gone ahead without permission could see Thwaites coming down heavily,and possibly Derek being kicked out.

I take your point but what a landmark it could have been. They could have loads of new customers.

I take your point but what a landmark it could have been. They could have loads of new customers.

Agree was in a prime location,but Thwaites were never going to agree to it,think the guy who mentioned a 40ft trailor in a field adjacent M65 would have been a better bet,all these mentioning someone's house gable end near Ewood,would fail,planning permission needed,unless your in Belfast where it seems every gable end has some sectarian message,but this is Blackburn,back to the drawing board...

Archived