BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've probably got to blame the pub landlord for this. He should have got permission from Thwaites before he said ok to the organisers to use the site. For those thinking of boycotting Thwaites beer, you would be harming the livelihood of a lot of local pubs, including the Fox.

You've probably got to blame the pub landlord for this. He should have got permission from Thwaites before he said ok to the organisers to use the site.

Spot on. You can't blame Thwaites in the slightest.

They're still laughing in Burnley. I can hear them down here in flurking Cheshire.

Just goes to show that once you start blabbing about things on Twitter/Facebook/Messageboards, things can suddenly move against you. Had silence been key and the mural been finished, just think of the publicity we would have got with a right holy row between Rovers, Thwaites and the local council.

The mural never had to be at Ewood, that was the best possible scenario though I'm sure.

The dingle mural is/was a mile away from the ground, we just need to find a prominent place and get it done.

If you can get it next to M65 all well and good, if you can't then the press will still be interested wherever it is and supporters will travel to see it.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of the superfans out there delighted at this decision and the incredible integrity of those in the corridors of power.

Or not.

Maybe if fans stopped lashing out a others in such ways we'd have unity?

Thwaites could make themselves look very silly if they side with the Venkys. Bet they wouldn't want a boycott on their beer.

They don't brew in bulk any more, just the small volume craft stuff. The rest of the brewing business was sold to Marstons earlier this year.

Looks like I'm boycotting Thwaites ale until Venkys leave.

Can't really blame them when they should've been asked first (owning the building).

I appreciate the need for fans to expect things to happen fast, but this is what happens when pre planning isn't done properly.

That being said shouldn't someone have contacted Thwaites prior to this project to get permission from considering they were the owners of the pub?

I think with hindsight someone probably should. I'm not having a go at you here by the way, I'm as guilty as the next man in not doing enough. But it's always someone, as in someone else. But looking back on it I could have made that call. Anyone on here could have done. But no. I left it to someone else.

People are quick to point the finger and apportion blame. Fact is that the landlord wanted to help, free of charge. I don't think he should be criticised for that at all. At least he's trying.

Then we have people on twitter not critical of the protests but of the organisation. If only someone could organise them. But as always, it'll just have to be someone else won't it; because it won't make a difference anyway apparently...

Well if it doesn't make a difference, and this is all a waste of time, and they don't care, then why have they stopped a (hardly hard hitting) mural from going up?

While I didn't want Jack's image connected with this mural, I am genuinely sad that people's efforts have gone t1ts-up in this way.

However, I agree with those who think that it might be a blessing in disguise. This very much pits club against fans and the press and media will be interested in that.

Archived