BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

Let's be practical, we are not going to make everyone happy.

The whole concept was based on an idea of making a statement. Personally I like the subtlety of the design as it makes people reflect, rather than just having a logo on. The side of the building telling you what to think. The image will stir memories and provoke thought... that makes it a good design for me.

One poster said that we shouldn't let the designer tell the customer what to do. True, but the whole point of employing an artist is to get someone who is better than 99% of us with graphic design pacakges. Furthermore, it's their job... so they know what they are doing usually.

I know the donation made never had any intention of supporting something liableous. I think this picture hits that brief.

Fair enough, you like the design and I'm sure others do too. My point was that we were told that there would be at least one other option to be considered and we haven't really seen one.

Perhaps the artist doesn't have time to come up with another or can't think of one but there have been plenty of non-risky, sensible ideas put forward and nobody involved in the organisation of this seems to be taking them up.

I fear that we will end up with the Jack Walker mural, have the media report on it and cause ourselves to incur the scorn of other fans with comments along the lines of " poor ickle Blackburn don't like it in the Championship and want another sugar daddy".

The mural was supposed, I think, to be anti-Venkys not pro-Jack.

If supporters of another team saw a mural that talked of unfit owners screwing up our club then they might think "that's out of order and we could be next". Instead we get a mural that's quite poignant for us fans but means bugger all to an outsider.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I freely admit it wouldn't be my first port of call if I was looking for a date but I recently met a couple of posters off here at The FA Ground at the Under23s and we all got along just fine, lovely people

Please stop derailing the thread. I would expect a message from the admin team if I where you. One of the best bits about this forum is it hasn't been turned into the Jim Wilkz show.

Politely answered a couple of questions people asked me after one moaned I HADN'T been back on to reply to him JB

If that constitutes "derailing the thread" so be it

I thank you for your interest and opinion but will continue to post as and when I see fit or feel like it

Don't worry I can't see it being that frequent

DO bear In mind though that the only mod rebuke I've had so far was for using someone's actual name

Get a life, man.

I've requested it in the ask admin section and Ste B thinks it isn't breaking any rules, so unfortunately it looks like all this off topic crap is here to stay

The three wise monkey's rolled into one

Has the mural design been sorted now?

I was imagining a simple, if detailed, design showing the interior of Ewood park as viewed from the away end that visiting fans and DE regulars could identify with.

In my mind, a pictorial potted history starts on the left with full and jubilant JW and BBE stands and at the midpoint of the BBE fades to a 2016/17 crowd scene, and rows and rows of empty seats with small clusters of stoic fans. This continues along to completely empty seats on the right hand side of the Riverside. Maybe even with part of the stand fenced off and padlocked.

On the left, amongst the crowds, flags honouring King Kenny, Souey, Hughes remind us of happier times when being at Ewood was a joy and a privilege; in the centre, "Kean Out" banners with interspersed black and yellow shirts, a solitary chicken on the pitch; on the right banners with Venkys Out and backs turned away from the pitch.

In my vision of this piece, the sky above the BBE turns from Summer day to Winter night, the warmth and happiness extinguished and replaced with a cold empty nothingness, with Ronnie, Jack, and Peter White looking down with differing expressions, from sadness to indignation to anger.

On the pitch centred, the dying red rose that we are all now so familiar with.

Below the mural the words...

"Blackburn Rovers FC: Born in 1875 - Heart and Soul destroyed in 2010 by cowboys masquerading as Indians"

So I've spent 20 minutes hiding and moving posts as a result of the thread going off topic, general bickering etc.

Apologies to anyone who feels their post should not have been moved or hidden - it's the collateral damage. Please discuss the mural in here and the 18/75 thing in the appropriate and please stop the bickering.

STAY ON TOPIC OR THE POST WILL BE HIDDEN - I'm not spending time moving any more.

If anyone is falling out with someone else on Twitter please keep it on Twitter and don't bring it on here. I will hide any posts that do

No doubt the owner of the wall will have had a visit or a warning of some description by now, knowing what has been happening with other things. I know he isn't the sort to be intimidated, so hopefully DH has stood firm and will still allow it to happen.

Archived