BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that the Desai quote is on there. We need to put her personally on the spot.

But I would also add the tag line 'made in Blackburn destroyed in India '

I agree with this. The image gets the message across that Venky's have broken their promise. It's not insulting or over the top. Just right in my opinion, with ' Made in Blackburn, Destroyed in India ' added.

Remember, and with GM's revelations in mind, go too far and someone from the club will 'arrange' for some local numpty to loz a bucket of white paint over it before it's been up two minutes.

Mural looks great but I would go with the "Made in Blackburn destroyed in India " as some people won't get the irony of the Mrs D quote.

Also, if possible, I would go for an old time "team photo" type lineup in the background - Bob Crompton era - to emphasise the rich history of the club - not just recent times.

I'd also add Venkys out somewhere.

Must say the image looks stunning as it is - it's going to be fantastic, I hope it gets the publicity it deserves

Surely voting on any designs will need to be completed this weekend to give the artist time to do his bit.

Needs confirmation by end of play Friday. Unfortunately to get it done for wolves we are win cramped in between other jobs. Still hoping for a second option but if there's no serious objections to this one...

The designs of the murals are very nice, however are they conveying the desired message?

I don't know the size of the site, but if the design is the size of a terraced house, then is there too much artistic detail for the text to be prominent to passers by?

For example- will people driving past (I don't know the location, but Im presuming that a lot of people will be driving) - be able to read the text, and understand the message?

Would people who don't know what the idea is, recognise a wilted rose, or just see a rovers rose?

Would "Venkys out" in 10ft high red letters on a blue n white halved background be a less unambiguous message?

(I don't want to 'rubbish' other people's hard efforts)

MADE IN BLACKBURN 1875

DESTROYED IN INDIA 2012

I agree these should be the words. It is not libelous, everybody knows what it means and it's straight to the point

The simplest message is always the best, so the words "VENKYS OUT" must be up there first and foremost.

Too much more and it detracts from this simple message.

The designs of the murals are very nice, however are they conveying the desired message?

I don't know the size of the site, but if the design is the size of a terraced house, then is there too much artistic detail for the text to be prominent to passers by?

For example- will people driving past (I don't know the location, but Im presuming that a lot of people will be driving) - be able to read the text, and understand the message?

Would people who don't know what the idea is, recognise a wilted rose, or just see a rovers rose?

Would "Venkys out" in 10ft high red letters on a blue n white halved background be a less unambiguous message?

(I don't want to 'rubbish' other people's hard efforts)

Agree with this Baz. Is the text big enough to convey the message. People will just look at it, and be like oh thats Jack Walker and Ewood Park.

Imo, the Mural, should have been mainly text, with various messages of what has happened. Maybe with a collapsing Ewood Park and wilting rose in the background.

Words must be prominent and embarrass and or highlight Venkys as the problem.

The artist should have been given that brief.

Write a brief that doesn't include:

"Venkys"

"Rao family"

"Desai"

"Balaji"

"Blackburn rovers football club"

The Blackburn rovers badge

The Venkys logo

Images of the owners or board of Blackburn rovers.

Cos otherwise it comes down for defamation and the owner of the property is sued. We don't want rovers fans sued.

Write a brief that doesn't include:

"Venkys"

"Rao family"

"Desai"

"Balaji"

"Blackburn rovers football club"

The Blackburn rovers badge

The Venkys logo

Images of the owners or board of Blackburn rovers.

Cos otherwise it comes down for defamation and the owner of the property is sued. We don't want rovers fans sued.

Sorry but that is not so. For a start, use of a logo without permission is a matter of copyright ownership not defamation.

As for defamation, it depends what you say. "Venkys Out" is NOT defamatory for example.

Nor can anyone sue you for using the words "Blackburn Rovers" or BRFC.

Sorry but that is not so. For a start, use of a logo without permission is a matter of copyright ownership not defamation.

As for defamation, it depends what you say. "Venkys Out" is NOT defamatory for example.

Nor can anyone sue you for using the words "Blackburn Rovers" or BRFC.

Apologise - should have clarified, as above the logo (of Venkys & BRFC) are both copyright infringement rather than defamation. The result would still be the same though.

The current mural has venkysout.com on there.

According to the law man, if you use the words 'Blackburn Rovers' or 'BRFC' in a negative light it can be used as defamation.

Apologise - should have clarified, as above the logo (of Venkys & BRFC) are both copyright infringement rather than defamation. The result would still be the same though.

The current mural has venkysout.com on there.

According to the law man, if you use the words 'Blackburn Rovers' or 'BRFC' in a negative light it can be used as defamation.

As I wrote, it depends what you say but it is not illegal to use the words. To write"Blackburn Rovers will never prosper under Venky ownership" is not defamatory, it is a reasonable opinion.

"We want Venkys out"---same.

Let"s not be too soft about this, other clubs e.g. Blackpool haven't been.

Blimey, that's news, most of the posters on here and every Burnley fan ever must be expecting a writ on the mat anytime soon then

There's a difference between writing opinion on a forum and a massive painting on a wall!

Archived