BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

I have had no consultation with the guy who's doing it whatsoever, I'm merely passing on information that has been put in the private chat.

Everybody can give constructive feedback, but then you will get differing views again - unfortunately there is no way of pleasing everyone.

The final design was posted on here somewhere - I'll find it and post it on this thread.

Edit - see the finished image below (with the name of the building crossed off as don't think this is public knowledge yet!)

2016_10_19_13_24_43.jpg

Its just not hard hitting though. Needed less of Uncle Jack, and more of Venkys imo. But again, too late now, so go with whatever was decided on.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I know that some people have taken legal advice on what can and can't be put on this wall, we don't want to pay an artist over £1000 and then for it to be painted over next week.

This will be a lasting message that'll hopefully be there until Venkys leave, with an option of then turning the image of Jack into a happy one.

The plan originally was to have 2 designs and then put to a vote, the plan was also to get this done before the Sky game so we can hopefully get maximum publicity.

The artist wasn't able to give us 2 designs and have it done in time for the weekend so we only had 1 option and I think the majority are happy with it to be honest.

What's done is done, I have every faith that it's going to look brilliant.

In other words, it's a rush-job?

To your average passer-by, this could look like Rovers fans are just nostalgic for the glory (Walker) days. It's not damning enough and doesn't tell the true story behind our downfall.

• Backroom

In my opinion I think it subtly gets the message across and I really like it.

If you don't like the image it's your personal opinion and I'm sure others won't like it too but we'll never please everyone unfortunately.

Getting the message across would be SELL THE CLUB AND F%$K OFF VENKYS, but then that would be taken down by weekend.

It'll take the artist 3 days to paint it and therefore that aspect of it - it wont be rushed.

In my opinion I think it subtly gets the message across and I really like it.

If you don't like the image it's your personal opinion and I'm sure others won't like it too but we'll never please everyone unfortunately.

Getting the message across would be SELL THE CLUB AND F%$K OFF VENKYS, but then that would be taken down by weekend.

It'll take the artist 3 days to paint it and therefore that aspect of it - it wont be rushed.

I don't mean the actual painting, I mean the design process. It has been rushed through to get this done in time for the Wolves game. I hope it's worth it, because 18/75 is shaping up to be a damp squib at the moment.

There was a lot of donators, there is no way of collating everyones email address, and all donators have different ideas.

How do you expect us to please everybody? I'm not having a go, just a bit bemused.

I'm not having a go either Madon, I'm genuinely disappointed. You don't have to please everybody. Just put it to the vote as promised and majority wins.

At the very least you should have had a quick vote to say "Do you want this one design, yes or no?"

If the majority was Yes then job done.

It's not a great precedent for future fundraising to ask for donations, promise multiple designs and a vote and then make the decision in a "private group" (your words not mine).

As for being subtle, it's so subtle you need a second gable end next to it to explain what it's meant to convey, especially to someone who hasn't been following this process.

I donated a large amount in hope of a controversial painting, and believe it would of had real good effect and publicity even if it lasted a few days. But I'm still happy with this design but looks more about Jack then getting shot of the scum. Might get the idiots thinking back to the days of Jack and how Rovers should be run...

I think the biggest thing to remember here, is this Mural is a statement and coupled with everything else going on this weekend, should generate some publicity, about how a large portion of the fan base, feels about Venky's. The mural is going to be shown on TV and in the local and National press, hopefully. Anyone one in any doubt about the meaning, will have it spelled out to them loud and clear, what this is all about.

Who knows, if the impact will be such that it hits Venky's hard and makes them reconsider their position. It is unlikely in isolation, but as part of the past, present and future demonstrations, it may well help.

You can't please everyone. I like it and it is a good message. I would have perhaps had some fans standing with jack and maybe the Venky at teh bottom but without faces (faceless people). But I think I know where it will be and it should look great.

• Backroom

I think my words are being twisted. When I said 'Private group' I meant a group which anybody can join, and people have been publicly invited to on this messageboard, that is away from prying eyes.

There is lots been discussed in this group, mainly the mural, the advert in India and saturdays 1875 protest. I suppose I made it worse for myself when I called it a group, it's not, it's basically just a chat with multiple people in it - mainly those INDIVIDUALS who attended the meeting at Ewood WMC the other week.

If you want to be in, let me know and I'll add you.

Some of the comments on here tonight have annoyed me a bit as I know how much hard work has gone into this by others and it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to those doing their best trying to make a difference.

I have asked for help many times in the 'Advert in India' thread for ideas of designs etc and have had very little feedback... I'm still looking for somebody to design it as I type, so if anybody can, or knows anybody who can please get in touch! I just hope that when the advert goes into the press in India I wont have that thrown back into my face as not good enough.

People have been seeking legal advice over the mural, trust me, if you had anything really damning on that wall it would get taken down.

This really isn't like me to have a bit of a rant but the negative comments are really frustrating when you know how much time and effort has gone into this by others.

I understand the bit about the private group. It's to keep stuff off a public forum which is fine. I even understand the time limit meaning that it wasn't possible to go to a vote, and the legal implications of something more hard hitting. I even understand your frustration at people belittling your efforts as you see it. I just don't understand why it wasn't explained sooner that, although you'd said there would be 2 designs and a vote, it wasn't possible for the reasons you've now given us. The group organising things just needs to remember to communicate clearly. After all lack of communication is one of the complaints we have all at some point levelled at the club. Let's not fall into the same trap

• Backroom

I understand the bit about the private group. It's to keep stuff off a public forum which is fine. I even understand the time limit meaning that it wasn't possible to go to a vote, and the legal implications of something more hard hitting. I even understand your frustration at people belittling your efforts as you see it. I just don't understand why it wasn't explained sooner that, although you'd said there would be 2 designs and a vote, it wasn't possible for the reasons you've now given us. The group organising things just needs to remember to communicate clearly. After all lack of communication is one of the complaints we have all at some point levelled at the club. Let's not fall into the same trap

I can completely relate to peoples frustrations regarding the lack of choice.

The main thing for me was this mural being up for the Wolves game (personal preference, please remember I didn't take charge of this particular project). For this to happen we had very little time and the artist only had time to do one design, whereas originally we thought we would get a few choices.

Unfortunately these things happen, the main thing for me is we are going to have a fantastic piece of artwork on the side of a building pretty much next door to Ewood Park in time for the Wolves game live on SKY that, in my opinion, gets a very poignant message across.

Sky already know this is happening, hopefully they'll report on it.

I am part of the group and i will try to communicate better it is not a closed group, i personnally would of liked a much stronger message but it would of got taken down very very quickly due to defimation/copyright issues.

I am part of the group and i will try to communicate better it is not a closed group, i personnally would of liked a much stronger message but it would of got taken down very very quickly due to defimation/copyright issues.

Did anyone run it by the Walker family ?

Archived