BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the design, hopefully it looks good when it's done! I can understand the call for maybe a more aggressive message but there's probably only so much you can put on a wall without running the risk of getting it removed. An image is always more striking than a lot of words, especially for people driving by it.

In my opinion I think it subtly gets the message across and I really like it.

If you don't like the image it's your personal opinion and I'm sure others won't like it too but we'll never please everyone unfortunately.

Getting the message across would be SELL THE CLUB AND F%$K OFF VENKYS, but then that would be taken down by weekend.

It'll take the artist 3 days to paint it and therefore that aspect of it - it wont be rushed.

"Sell the Club, Venkys" wouldn't though?

I like the image, think it's an opportunity missed though to get a clearer message across. Can imagine Cheston passing it off to the clueless owners as just a tribute to Jack Walker.

Would be much improved by writing:

"Destroying the house that Jack built since 2010"

I'm just glad that there are some fans who are willing to take action and make stuff like this happen, there aren't nearly enough in my opinion. It looks decent and the message is clear.

Well done Madon.

• Backroom

Was waiting for nightfall so he could project the image on and trace round it so I've heard.

Hopefully the weather stays ok this week so we don't have any blips!

Did anyone run it by the Walker family ?

Why though? The Walker family didnt care about Uncle Jacks club, so what is there to ask Yoda? Im still seriously @#/? off at them for selling to the bloody scum, and running off into the distance . But im also part of the ones, who dont like the idea of uncle Jack being on the Mural.

Someone on Facebook said that Rovers have raised an objection to the mural, putting it in jeopardy, can anyone confirm?

The painter has pulled out I believe, as a result of threats from the police and the council.

Best we await confirmation from those directly involved though.

• Backroom

The painter has pulled out I believe, as a result of threats from the police and the council.

Dammit, don't let the terrorists win!

No Way ! That will be absolutely gutting for all involved if it's true.

Can't be anything illegal about it surely. Its a private wall and I've seen murals on lots of walls.

I know these may just be rumours at the moment, but i'm really struggling to see why the Police would have been involved?

If local residents have complained then maybe the council might have sent someone to check it over but surely they would be powerless to stop it.

If the lad who was gonna paint it has been scared of, firstly fair enough he can't be getting himself in trouble over something like this. Secondly if the scaffold is still up there, why doesn't someone who lives local just be a hero and nip B and Q, get a brush and some paint and write "VENKY'S OUT" in big massive writing.

Archived