BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original design that was posted a couple of pages back as far as I'm aware.

Genuine question Madon - can you tell us what happened regarding the concept of multiple options that would be voted on?

if you look back at the early pages of this thread that was a prevalent point being made by J*B, Glen and yourself.

We seem to have gone from "there will be 3 or 4 to vote on" to "we're having this one" without any mention of voting.

Who made the decision?

• Backroom

To be completely honest, there is a group of around 20 people on a Twitter private chat group who all went to the Ewood WMC meeting a couple of weeks back.

The plan at the meeting was to get the mural up before the Wolves game, if this was to happen the artist wouldn't have the time to create multiple designs and therefore it was decided, unanimously on that particular group, to go with the original design.

This is football, people will always have differing views, lots of different people donated and unfortunately some of those people may disagree with the choice of design.

• Backroom

I have had no consultation with the guy who's doing it whatsoever, I'm merely passing on information that has been put in the private chat.

Everybody can give constructive feedback, but then you will get differing views again - unfortunately there is no way of pleasing everyone.

The final design was posted on here somewhere - I'll find it and post it on this thread.

Edit - see the finished image below (with the name of the building crossed off as don't think this is public knowledge yet!)

2016_10_19_13_24_43.jpg

Not the bold statement some (myself included) were hoping for, and it's a shame that the constructive feedback has apparently gone unheeded, but whatever.

In my opinion it works though. Sometimes, understatement is very powerful. Anyway, you can never please everyone...

As an alternative, we could always have a simple, white wall with "Fck Off Venky's!"

• Backroom

I think the point is that ANYONE on ANY WALL can write '@#/? off, Venkys!'

In fact, people could take it upon themselves...

If we have a paid artist, I'm happy for something more understated.

I have had no consultation with the guy who's doing it whatsoever, I'm merely passing on information that has been put in the private chat.

Everybody can give constructive feedback, but then you will get differing views again - unfortunately there is no way of pleasing everyone.

The final design was posted on here somewhere - I'll find it and post it on this thread.

Edit - see the finished image below (with the name of the building crossed off as don't think this is public knowledge yet!)

2016_10_19_13_24_43.jpg

is there anyone local that can post some images of the 'work in progress' - it's a while since the messageboard has had the chance to keep the supporters updated on an emerging positive development................

• Backroom

Sorry to sound a bit thick here but what exactly is going where the red stuff is? The name of the building that the mural is on? Why is this?

The name of the building is already on said wall, and therefore the design came with the name of the building on it.

I think a lot of people are already aware of where it is but to stop the artist from getting any potential hecklers we are wanting to keep it under wraps for as long as possible.

• Backroom

Great stuff Madon and associates.

Glad it's underway and ignore the negative sods that will no doubt surface.

It's been a great effort and just the start hopefully.

I don't want to take any credit for this, it was all J*B & Pete (not sure if he's on here) this time around so a massive thanks to them for getting the ball rolling!

To be completely honest, there is a group of around 20 people on a Twitter private chat group who all went to the Ewood WMC meeting a couple of weeks back.

The plan at the meeting was to get the mural up before the Wolves game, if this was to happen the artist wouldn't have the time to create multiple designs and therefore it was decided, unanimously on that particular group, to go with the original design.

This is football, people will always have differing views, lots of different people donated and unfortunately some of those people may disagree with the choice of design.

Thanks for clarifying. It wasn't clear that a "private" group were making the decision but good luck!

• Backroom

Thanks for clarifying. It wasn't clear that a "private" group were making the decision but good luck!

Just to clear this up, we aren't a private group.

We're individuals who are discussing different ideas behind closed doors and not in an open forum like this where there are a hell of a lot of prying eyes.

If anybody would like to join get in touch, there is also a WhatsApp group.

• Backroom

There was a lot of donators, there is no way of collating everyones email address, and all donators have different ideas.

How do you expect us to please everybody? I'm not having a go, just a bit bemused.

The first post stated the designs would go to a vote if that wasn't case it should have clear from the start. I think the design does not get venkys out message across, for any non blackburn fan it won't be seen as protest message at all

• Backroom

The first post stated the designs would go to a vote if that wasn't case it should have clear from the start. I think the design does not get venkys out message across, for any non blackburn fan it won't be seen as protest message at all

It's says venkysout.com on it. So it's a subtle mural that gives a link to why it's there.

As said earlier, subtle is better especially as it cannot be twisted to reflect badly on the fans. Remember once there was an Indian flag held up (I think it was the 24hr protest) and certain sections decided to label all protesters as racist.

Archived