BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's reported that staff and community volunteers of @Rovers have been warned against leaflet distribution and partaking of protests

6:44 am - 17 Oct 2016

By the way Mark Is the lad in charge of BRAG and on the WAR bench, was posted last week.

In addition to the above it's been also on twitter will dig it out that someone i follow had a call from the blue warning him about legal protesting etc.

Personally I can understand the club warning employees, and if I were an employee then I wouldn't risk my job by protesting against my bosses either.

As for the police, if true that's well out of order, and biased, unless people have been threatening violence or acts that may affect safety.

I hope the police are warning the club about acts that incite problems too. Like our owners.

So it's reported that staff and community volunteers of @Rovers have been warned against leaflet distribution and partaking of protests

6:44 am - 17 Oct 2016
By the way Mark Is the lad in charge of BRAG and on the WAR bench, was posted last week.
In addition to the above it's been also on twitter will dig it out that someone i follow had a call from the blue warning him about legal protesting etc.

This is 100% accurate. Staff at the club, the lads who volunteer at the BRIC, those involved in the 'walking football' scheme, all warned against leaflet distribution and protesting.

In addition, many people have had police visits, the police knocked on my door unexpectedly last Wednesday, and it was a warning alright, "we know you go home and away every week and we'd hate for that to have to stop" were the words used, also threatening arrests for game disturbance. They informed me they had been given my details by the football club.

They are worried about what is planned. We have been wondering all week what it will take to anger the supporters and bang on cue, Mr Silvester, the club and their treatment of fans has done the job for us!! They're waging the war here - the club needs cleansing.

First of all anyone working for the club should expect to be given the hard word, if it was me I'd nip back after hours and paste flyers all the way down the JW stand, **** em!

As for police visits? That in my book constitutes harassment and numerous data protection breaches, unless its Mr Bburn security still thinking he's a copper, which he isn't, and can be politely told to 'go forth and multiply'

Best to go covert chaps, keep yourself out of the spotlight and turn up in a microlight dropping flyers, Shushhhhhhh

#venkysout

#growsomebolloxandgetonwithit

This is 100% accurate. Staff at the club, the lads who volunteer at the BRIC, those involved in the 'walking football' scheme, all warned against leaflet distribution and protesting.

In addition, many people have had police visits, the police knocked on my door unexpectedly last Wednesday, and it was a warning alright, "we know you go home and away every week and we'd hate for that to have to stop" were the words used, also threatening arrests for game disturbance. They informed me they had been given my details by the football club.

They are worried about what is planned. We have been wondering all week what it will take to anger the supporters and bang on cue, Mr Silvester, the club and their treatment of fans has done the job for us!! They're waging the war here - the club needs cleansing.

Anyone who has the police turn up, please take a video recording on your phone. I'd imagine the media would be interested in seeing that.

All this business makes me hate the club even more. It is so unrecognisable from the club I started supporting at this point I really couldn't care less if the club is wound up. I used to hope there was a flicker of hope the family/community centric club was still there. It isn't. To me this is now a totally new club.

Anyone who has the police turn up, please take a video recording on your phone. I'd imagine the media would be interested in seeing that.

Answer the door naked 'its nude night tonight' Royston Vasey style :tu:

All this business makes me hate the club even more. It is so unrecognisable from the club I started supporting at this point I really couldn't care less if the club is wound up. I used to hope there was a flicker of hope the family/community centric club was still there. It isn't. To me this is now a totally new club.

It's enough to make you want to walk away for good,this is not the club I grew up supporting anymore.

I wonder what the club and Police have in store for the protest on Saturday....a remake of the charge of the light brigade at supporters maybe!!

Make no mistake,we are dealing with a right set of two hats.

i have suggested they might try to kettle us this seems to be the new tactic

It just reminds me of the Stewards tackling the fans with the "Kean out" banners in the DE. That was the real turning point for me, that's what illustrated that the club had changed.

I can't imagine John Williams would ever have taken this route. He understood where the fans were coming from on almost every angle. He would have tackled the problem by explaining the problems the club faced, - NOT by trying to tie down any alternative voice. The owners - and I have to say Cheston aren't fit for purpose and the club needs rid of both. The moment they're gone is the moment we can look forward. By the time that happens though, the good times will be even further away than they are now. The longer we continue this way, the harder the future we face.

The biggest pressure would come from a double initiative - the trust, brfcag and Ewood Blues under the WAR banner teaming up with the LT, - either formally or informally, - along with fans doing their bit to get their voices heard. Either that or do nothing as some propose.

There are a lot of walls around - and including - Ewood. Lots of fans wouldn't even ask for permission.

Amazing isn't it? The whole country is awash with ugly graffiti and the police do nothing. Should have been kept quiet and just done.

Obviously the need for cost-raising required some info going out but the less the better. Once it's done much harder to remove in all senses of the term.

That should be the pattern for the future, guerilla warfare as someone else said. Strike quickly and withdraw.

In the meantime "Venkys Out" should appear everywhere, as if by magic.

Sorry guys after all the hard work you put in, must feel gutted. What a pack of creeps Venkys and Rovers admin are.

The trouble is half the fans will say "serve you right, not real fans anyway".

The club are in the back pockets of the police these days. Its a case of the club asking them 'how high?' when the police say 'jump'. Hence the appalling selection of rules and regulations introduced at Ewood over the last 4-5 years at the behest of the police to the detriment of the home support and atmosphere. Lunchtime kick offs against Preston and Leeds, forcibly relocating season ticket holders without consultation to create buffer zones, the list goes on.

At any normal club the police wouldn't get away with making such demands, because every other club has a chairman/chief executive who understands and listens to the wishes of his own clubs support and would stand up and reject the police demands. We've just got a bunch of under-qualified yes men who are in this for the easy life and shouldn't be anywhere near management level at a professional football club. Venkys have given rise to this culture.

If its true that the police have been occupying themselves this week with harassing people ahead of what appears to be a peaceful protest then it sums them up. What a waste of taxpayers money and a scandalous waste of scarce police resources. Not to mention the question of where the police have obtained names/phone numbers of individuals who haven't done anything illegal. Who has supplied this information?

The club and staff will be quaking in their boots at the thought of having something to deal with which is beyond their capabilities. The prospect of hundreds/thousands of supporters voicing and demonstrating their displeasure at the club will be too much for some of these people do deal with, who would much prefer a rump of 6,000 turning up and sitting in silence every week to make their lives easier.

I've already made it clear that I won't be partaking in the 18-75 movement, at the same time I understand people's reasons for wanting to do so and people are entitled to voice their opinions and demonstrate their displeasure if they want to. I find it completely unacceptable for police to be contacting people in advance, if the club have supplied names/numbers then that is a disgrace, and I also expect massively over the top heavy tactics from the club in an attempt to ruthlessly suppress any protest movement on Saturday.

The club are in the back pockets of the police these days. Its a case of the club asking them 'how high?' when the police say 'jump'. Hence the appalling selection of rules and regulations introduced at Ewood over the last 4-5 years at the behest of the police to the detriment of the home support and atmosphere. Lunchtime kick offs against Preston and Leeds, forcibly relocating season ticket holders without consultation to create buffer zones, the list goes on.

At any normal club the police wouldn't get away with making such demands, because every other club has a chairman/chief executive who understands and listens to the wishes of his own clubs support and would stand up and reject the police demands. We've just got a bunch of under-qualified yes men who are in this for the easy life and shouldn't be anywhere near management level at a professional football club. Venkys have given rise to this culture.

If its true that the police have been occupying themselves this week with harassing people ahead of what appears to be a peaceful protest then it sums them up. What a waste of taxpayers money and a scandalous waste of scarce police resources. Not to mention the question of where the police have obtained names/phone numbers of individuals who haven't done anything illegal. Who has supplied this information?

The club and staff will be quaking in their boots at the thought of having something to deal with which is beyond their capabilities. The prospect of hundreds/thousands of supporters voicing and demonstrating their displeasure at the club will be too much for some of these people do deal with, who would much prefer a rump of 6,000 turning up and sitting in silence every week to make their lives easier.

I've already made it clear that I won't be partaking in the 18-75 movement, at the same time I understand people's reasons for wanting to do so and people are entitled to voice their opinions and demonstrate their displeasure if they want to. I find it completely unacceptable for police to be contacting people in advance, if the club have supplied names/numbers then that is a disgrace, and I also expect massively over the top heavy tactics from the club in an attempt to ruthlessly suppress any protest movement on Saturday.

o great, back to the good all day's of Kean and the clubs suppression of any objecting fans, things just get better and better.

When's it going to end, oh I've got an idea say nothing do nothing and it will be fine as it's just a bad dream.

Archived