BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The curse of the Indian Advert money!

Madon

• Backroom

I just wanted to update everyone on what is going on with the advert money that was raised last year. 

I and others have explored many different avenues after the Times of India refused to publish our advert (after they initially agreed to back in August!). 

Unfortunately it would appear no papers or billboard companies want to touch the money and therefore we are at a bit of a dead end. 

There was something planned for today but for reasons beyond our control this couldn't go ahead, so again I find myself with the money back in my account, hence why I'm beginning to think it's cursed! Unfortunately I can't say what was planned incase we decide to do this in the future. 

I have decided to put the money into a 'fighting fund' that is to be set up by us guys who meet at Ewood WMC on a regular basis. This way we can throw our ideas around and spend the money on protests over here. 

I can only apologise for the money not going towards anything in India, I feel I have let a lot of people down with this but the money will go to good use elsewhere. 

Please note there will 100% be a money trail of what this money is spent on over a period of time! 

Matt.

It's great that Matt has updated everyone on this matter and I can confirm that every Avenue possible has been explored to get this ad into the Indian press. Looks like all the outlets have closed ranks and almost certainly, because Venky's spend with them.

The money is still there to fight with and I am sure will be used in a sensible manner.

Looks like they have the local Indian press stitched up, along with our own local paper.

Interesting the national British press and News outlets are beginning to take notice, like The Guardian, Daily Mail, Talksport, 5 Live, etc. But the Lancashire Evening Telegraph appears to have been struck dumb.  Maybe there was a vision at the news desk when a man in white appeared and said "I give you a new commandment.  Thou shalt not criticise Venkys". Or maybe an agent appeared and said I will see you in court if you do?

A bit off topic, sorry.

Just now, cmb211087 said:

Have you tried Facebook ads? YouTube ads?

I don't want to speak for Matt, but I know he is very resourceful. The papers were all tried for certain and another couple of ideas were thwarted unfortunately.

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, cmb211087 said:

Have you tried Facebook ads? YouTube ads?

Facebook advertising is definitely an option, especially as New York Rovers did something similar and it seemed to be a success. I've not looked into it properly yet to be honest but I've heard that the pricing is relatively reasonable. 

As for YouTube I wouldn't know where to start with that. I have set up a Venkys Out TV YouTube channel on there though so feel free to subscribe!!

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

Any ideas why they don't want to publish the ads? Financial reasons, or are they genuinely fearful Venkys will notice and not like it?

Simple as that really. You wouldn't want to upset major sources of revenue.

Madon if you want help hit me a pm I work in marketing specifically with a focus on social media so if you need help with anything to do with that let me know. I also have can do some design work. My graphic designers aren't free to do it but I have a basic enough knowledge to do it myself for free 

4 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Madon if you want help hit me a pm I work in marketing specifically with a focus on social media so if you need help with anything to do with that let me know. I also have can do some design work. My graphic designers aren't free to do it but I have a basic enough knowledge to do it myself for free 

Fair play matey!

13 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Excellent that and great to see.

15 hours ago, Madon said:

Facebook advertising is definitely an option, especially as New York Rovers did something similar and it seemed to be a success. I've not looked into it properly yet to be honest but I've heard that the pricing is relatively reasonable. 

As for YouTube I wouldn't know where to start with that. I have set up a Venkys Out TV YouTube channel on there though so feel free to subscribe!!

Facebook ads is really simple. You set your budget, set your ad, who you want to aim it for and how many days. Away you go.

Youtube is just Google Adwords and very similar to the above, although tends to get blocked by adblocker (although more people watch via mobile these days so less of an issue). It would need to be some sort of catchy video for Youtube to work though. A quick catchy ad.

• 5 months later...
  • Backroom

All the money raised went to the Ewood WMC group who were working on a variety of things. I took a bit of a step back for a few months as I have just got married. 

I know that they have been keeping a log of all outgoings so if anybody would like to see I'm sure someone will be more than happy to let you have a look.:brfc:

Archived