BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norwich City vs Rovers - 11/3/17

19 hours ago, Butty said:

Can't say I've been impressed with what I've seen of him but the guy scored two today, took his second really well. Too say that seems a bit strange too me.  I know things are shocking at rovers at the moment but I can't remember the last time you posted on here which wasn't slagging the players off or slagging agents off. I mean Nyambe broke into the first team and immediately you brought up who his agent was and said he wasn't good enough without giving the boy a chance, you can't judge a young kid like that based on his agent, Nyambe has got a bit better with games, he's not there yet but the kid has potential. I know agents have played a part in the destruction of our club and that infuriates me but I get a bit fed up of seeing something negative every single time you post. I do post the odd negative rant myself but Why don't you just not bother coming on here if that's gunna be the case that EVERY time you post it's something like that? You might feel a bit less angry pal haha! 

It's all JAL ever does.  Bad mouths every one and everything, always on crusades against some player.  Don't forget Phil Jones was crap and going nowhere as a footballer in his mind too.  Bit irritating.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Nyambe did fine, but Bennett offered a different type of attacking role from full-back, having played wing-back during his time at Bristol City.  Joao scored two goals and hit the post so I suppose you could say he did all that was asked of him.  Will always be behind Graham, Emnes and Gallagher in terms of starting.  Mahoney's crossing was generally indifferent to be honest and like so often with the Under-23's blew hot and cold during the game.

So Parson, in your view, are the calls for Mahoney to start pre-mature?  Should we keep him for a super sub role for the time being?

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Jason Lowe has over 150 appearances for Blackburn Rovers under his belt, so quote all the win ratios you like, the facts can't be denied, he's the first on every managers team sheet, I wonder why?

Because no-one wants to buy him?

I wonder why?

10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Just to confirm.

Bowyer was at fault for not getting us promotion as we had a 40+ goal strikeforce in Rhodes and Rudy.  But Bowyer was also at fault for not breaking up the Rhodes and Rudy  40+ goal strikeforce and playing Josh King more. The same Josh King that was always injured, except when the camera's were here.

Is this correct?

No, just Bowyer was at fault for not getting close to getting in the top 6 with a squad which has now proven it should have at least been contending for the top 6.

• Backroom

Mahoney suits coming on from the bench imo as he plays differently to our other wingers and something for tired legs to think about.

Think he could do with a home start or two to keep him sweet, and make use of backing from the fans.

But generally, I'd give him the summer to get first-team fit (as well as getting the first team first-team fit) for next season.

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Players mature as they get older - King had obvious ability but certainly wasn't the finished article with us like he looks now. Same with Bentley - the potential was there with Arsenal and Norwich but he blossomed at Ewood. Players sometimes need to move on to realise their full ability and I wouldn't blame Bowyer for not getting the best out of King because he just wasn't ready at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if King gets a big money move in the summer. 

That and also he's actually being played in his natural position, striker.

Instead of being shunted out on the wing, just because he has pace. 

Why are people argueing about past managers and players,king was never going to stay at ewood,bowyer did a great job at ewood but its in the past,the new broom has cleared us of venkites now its inflicted old playermanageritus on Matchday threads.Saturdays point will be precious come may and i for one was grateful for it.

• Mike E unpinned this topic
12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Proven how? 

I think 7th is quite close.

By either playing and scoring in the Premier League, playing for sides pushing for promotion, being the best players for their new club or being sold for €10,000,000 to Russia?

They were clearly a better bunch than Championship also-rans.  You are not very good at assessing Rovers squads are you?

We never, ever broke into the top 6 for any significant spell under Bowyer. Coming with a wet sail to finish 7th when the pressure was off doesn't count.

• Backroom
14 hours ago, 47er said:

Bunn, Robbo, Eastwood----all better than Steele and we gave them all away.

Eastwood was pretty poor to be fair. He's now playing for Oxford...

Bunn's career hasn't really gone anywhere either. Truth is we just haven't had any decent goalkeepers since Robbo got his health problems. 

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

By either playing and scoring in the Premier League, playing for sides pushing for promotion, being the best players for their new club or being sold for €10,000,000 to Russia?

They were clearly a better bunch than Championship also-rans.  You are not very good at assessing Rovers squads are you?

We never, ever broke into the top 6 for any significant spell under Bowyer. Coming with a wet sail to finish 7th when the pressure was off doesn't count.

That doesn't prove they would have made an effective team. This isn't Football Manager.

And which players are you referring to anyway?  Willo, Hanley, Marcus Olsson? Are these players actually playing for their Championship clubs in the 1st team? Look at Rudy, he's only ever done it for Rovers under Bowyer.

Henley, Steele and Lowe are often derided on here as useless. Rhodes couldn't hack it in the Prem and is now with a team that is soon to fall out of the play-off places.  Marshall plays for Wolves who could go down.

Using where players are playing now as a basis for your argument only serves to undermine your argument.

Unqualified successes have been Cairney, Duffy & King.

Also how do you know what restrictions Bowyer worked under. Was Rochina not picked because he was on a stupid contract arranged by our agent friends. Same with King? 

There's seems to be a lot more to this football lark than picking the best players on paper and throwing them together. There's even more to it if you don't have the best players anyway, which Rovers didn't under Bowyer. He spent £3.5m. A pittance compared to MANY other clubs in the division.

Repeatedly saying we had the best players doesn't make it true. Although, obviously I'm not an expert like you. 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

There's seems to be a lot more to this football lark than picking the best players on paper and throwing them together. There's even more to it if you don't have the best players anyway, which Rovers didn't under Bowyer. 

Let's not forget that during that 'wonder' season where we scraped into 7th we had Dann and Dunn in there as well for a large part of it. When Dann left we brought Michael Keane in.  And yes, Olson is starting for Derby.

Just because you say they "weren't good enough to get in the top 6" doesn't make it true you know. Agree with your first point though - Bowyer proved that in my eyes.

7 hours ago, DE. said:

Eastwood was pretty poor to be fair. He's now playing for Oxford...

Bunn's career hasn't really gone anywhere either. Truth is we just haven't had any decent goalkeepers since Robbo got his health problems. 

May have been just one game but I saw Eastwood playing recently in the FA CUP and he was outstanding.

• Backroom
59 minutes ago, 47er said:

May have been just one game but I saw Eastwood playing recently in the FA CUP and he was outstanding.

He's at his level. We need much, much better.

Archived