BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norwich City vs Rovers - 11/3/17

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late to respond, but I would've taken a point prior to the game any day of the week. However, to play against 10 men for 70 minutes and only come away with a draw is underwhelming to say the least. 

Definitely a missed opportunity today, especially considering results around us, but can't complain with picking up a point away at Norwich. 

Doing the same at in-form Fulham, against 11 men, will be an even bigger ask but having said that today sounded like a couple of individual errors cost us so you can never rule anything out...

We are entering a difficult spell of fixtures ahead of us so three points against Preston will be crucial in my opinion.

Mowbray interview: https://audioboom.com/posts/5697703-blackburn-rovers-manager-tony-mowbray-disappointed-not-to-win-the-game-against-10-man-norwichcityfc

Just now, Mercerman said:

So are we !

Make your mind up!

You could have given me that £25 you chucked away. I'd have bought several bottles of red with that. I'm not as choosy as you I'd be ok with a four £6 bottles and a curly wurly.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Get the winnings then buy the wine, you seem to try to do it the other way around !

You take the rough with the smooth.

It's a bit of fun on match day.  Don't bet what I can't afford to lose and the winnings get ploughed into treats !

Just now, Stuart said:

Make your mind up!

You could have given me that £25 you chucked away. I'd have bought several bottles of red with that. I'm not as choosy as you I'd be ok with a four £6 bottles and a curly wurly.

Curly Wurly. I bet those have shrunk in size along with Wagon Wheels and Rovers home support.

Just now, Stuart said:

Make your mind up!

My mind's made up.

Can't see a win in the next four fixtures so certainly wont be backing us to win.  Only bet today at half time as I thought it was set up for us to go on and win, and we should have !

16 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Good result regardless as to other results around us. We need not to worry about others our destiny is very much in our own hands. Wigan for me are Gone and Forest are falling pretty fast. We have a game in hand and we have everything to gain. A draw at Fulham is vital with a win vs PReston this weekend. More importantly we are still unbeaten under Mowbray, which builds confidence and slowly gives us the platform to steer safe of relegation. 

Just looked at the table, if only that was true. Back in the thick of it with Wolves, Burton and Bristol winning today.

Wish we had the points instead of a game in hand as I can't see us getting anything against Fulham.

After being 2-1 up against ten men with 10 minutes to go it's 2 vital points lost and where  back in the relegation zone. The manner  the two goals were conceded was atrocious. With other teams winning this really was a very poor result. On the plus side I've got every confidence we can get out of this which was impossible to believe when that p.e teacher was here.  Round um up TM and go again

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Terrible defending for both goals, especially the 2nd, school boy stuff, but Steele should have cut the cross out no doubt about that Tom

Yeah, thankfully he contributed massively against Wigan but his all round play leaves a lot to be desired 

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Make your mind up!

Would it have been a fine curly wurly?

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Good point. Expected a loss today, it was a bad time to play them after sacking their manager yesterday. 

Disappointing to go back into the bottom three but always likely today with the teams around us playing each other.

We seem like a completely different outfit under Mowbray, very tough to beat. Real belief we may avoid the drop

They scored TWO goals with Only ten men for at least 70 mins!

Archived