BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norwich City vs Rovers - 11/3/17

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GanG2245 said:

Not looking good to be honest. Except forest every other team managed to get at least a point. 

Wigan?

Just now, cesus said:

Before the game great point, 1 down becomes a superb. 70 minutes against ten men and 2-1 up can't help but feel disappointed. Not picking up enough wins instead of draws could finish us as we haven't had any "stinkers" yet under Mowbray which we all know we have in us and that has me rather worried.

You are worried about things that haven't happened. Just take heart from the points we have gained recently 

Just now, Mike E said:

Actually, I had posted a similar opinion to yours before you. So while I was moderating, I was also genuinely in agreement with you.

Looking back at the thread in question and at PMs and reports, 4 of the posters had signed up in the previous week. Ergo, newbies.

Ever thought that the seasoned posters are generally here because they contribute very well to the forum and don't often wind up others?

I thought pipe down was an adequate phrase to use for someone who has had the benefit of the doubt several times and now is upset that he is 'being moderated'.

So either continue this by PM or in the Admin threads.

People choose whether to get wound up or not themselves. If having an alternative view to theirs "winds them up" well then I suggest they look into some stress management. 

No need to continue the conversation. 

Just now, rigger said:

Wigan?

You are worried about things that haven't happened. Just take heart from the points we have gained recently 

I'm worried about the fact we played very very well against Cardiff, got a point. I'm worried we played against 10 for 70 minutes got 2-1 up and drew. I'm worried that we haven't had an awful performance yet under Mowbray and that we know all teams in this league and under Coyle we proved possible. 

I hope in the future games we pick up a few wins from poor performances, fingers crossed!

Just now, rigger said:

Absolutely :tu:

Not many of us thought we'd get such a points return when Mowbray walked through the door, its gives is a chance and today point may well keep us in this league come May.

Great point taken in isolation

Perspective, looked for all the world we were going to lose 1 - 0 v 10 men going late into the game courtesy of yet another Steele cock up. So a point in the end is welcome but it's a gift that's been thrown straight in the bin. Norwich do have quality though whereas Rovers have virtually non now thanks to Venkys co.

Still unbeaten under TM, if only these idiots had got in a guy like this in from the off or at least at Christmas. Damage already done on many levels though including the contribution from the previous useless ballbag.

Just now, RV Blue said:

He might have annoyed a few people in his first few posts (me included) he didn't do enough to warrant a ban imo. His pro-Coyle opinion was garbage but he should be allowed to have that opinion without being banned.

I will say the pro-Coyle thing was me being mis judged. I was as anti- Coyle as anyone , pretty much from day 1 but him being the wrong man for the job was confirmed when we got trounced v Norwich in week 1. However I joined here just after we had beaten QPR and I wanted to just keep some momentum going. I probably shouldn't have had that view. Mowbray coming in and how we have performed since ,has shown that there was never a "bad time" to sack Coyle. I was just clinging to the hope that he would turn it around and I think I had Kean in my mind and believed that they weren't going to sack him, so there was no point believing or discussing that they would.  I got that wrong. 

Performances like today just highlight how bad Coyle was. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I will say the pro-Coyle thing was me being mis judged. I was as anti- Coyle as anyone , pretty much from day 1 but him being the wrong man for the job was confirmed when we got trounced v Norwich in week 1. However I joined here just after we had beaten QPR and I wanted to just keep some momentum going. I probably shouldn't have had that view. Mowbray coming in and how we have performed since ,has shown that there was never a "bad time" to sack Coyle. I was just clinging to the hope that he would turn it around and I think I had Kean in my mind and believed that they weren't going to sack him, so there was no point believing or discussing that they would.  I got that wrong. 

Performances like today just highlight how bad Coyle was. 

Fair enough.

Good point. Expected a loss today, it was a bad time to play them after sacking their manager yesterday. 

Disappointing to go back into the bottom three but always likely today with the teams around us playing each other.

We seem like a completely different outfit under Mowbray, very tough to beat. Real belief we may avoid the drop

• Backroom

How many points has Steele cost us - shocking for that first goal 

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10798614/norwich-2-2-blackburn

5 games ago we were in the drop zone but 5-6 points off other teams, we are back in it now but one win could elevate us above 4 teams, we have a chance.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No need to continue the conversation. 

You don't help yourself. 

Expected nothing today and when we went a goal down I feared the worst. Playing ten men isn't a guarantee that you'll get anything so very pleased with the point.

Shocked to see Joao bag a couple too. 

Just now, Tom said:

How many points has Steele cost us - shocking for that first goal 

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10798614/norwich-2-2-blackburn

5 games ago we were in the drop zone but 5-6 points off other teams, we are back in it now but one win could elevate us above 4 teams, we have a chance.

Absolutely awful goals, Steele was well Steele for the 1st and so lazy in the tackles for the 2nd.

I always think a keeper should keep you in a game 6-8+ times a season we are lucky if we get 2-3 from Steele. 

Just now, bluefred said:

Bad defending for both goals . Minght just nick it at Fulham .

Fulham are the leagues form side, and look like they will nick a play off place. Can't see us getting anything there mate. Although we could grit a point, as we seem to have some determination under Mowbray. 

We have to beat Forest and Bristol at home, and beat Brentford on last day. As I think with Fulham, Reading and Brighton all coming away from home, we could well see no points from those 3 and Preston at home will be difficult, but winnable. If we can win the 3 home games against Preston, Forest and Bristol and win at Brentford then we will do it, and if we can nick another point away from home somewhere even better, Villa at home could be winnable as theyll have nothing to play for.

Good result regardless as to other results around us. We need not to worry about others our destiny is very much in our own hands. Wigan for me are Gone and Forest are falling pretty fast. We have a game in hand and we have everything to gain. A draw at Fulham is vital with a win vs PReston this weekend. More importantly we are still unbeaten under Mowbray, which builds confidence and slowly gives us the platform to steer safe of relegation. 

Nasty tackle by their player for the red card. Could have really injured Emnes if he connected.

Great to see Joao get on the score sheet and prove a few people wrong. Goals win games and now that we are better defensively, it is good to have competition and different options upfront. Hopefully he has a few more in him. 

Steele could have gotten a stronger hand on their first goal, but the 2nd was very unlucky. Although the guy who got the assist got pat a couple of players very easily. I couldn't see who the players were though?

How did Hoban play? 

First negative from TM in my view. Against 10 men - who have been 10 men for the majority of the match - losing the lead is poor game management. Clueless would've been lambasted for that and feel equally that today's result should likewise be a negative to TM.

Mind you having taken 5 games to make a mistake/bad result is very positive indeed. I've been impressed by what I've seen, heard and read and most positive of all it's in our hands. If we do the business we'll be ok, whereas before we were relying on other teams to slip up.

Joao might not be a waste of space after all and I feel the squad other than the keeper (my word Steele is stealing a living) is better than a few of those around us. Mulgrew's absence is also a worry as he is excellent IF frit and reckoned his nous was badly missed today.

We're in a much better position than under Clueless with much better prospects which helps make today's result easier to take.

Archived