BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers 14th March 2017

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Craven Cottage and it's a jolly jape with a few learned friends.

Hoping to see a repeat of our win there in the late 1970s (scorer S Garner), but not a repeat of our defeat under Souness in the promotion season.

I absolutely can't wait for this game, for once a game I can attend which is just around the corner where I live.

Feeling relatively optimistic about Rovers for the first time in years. With TM, I feel we could give anyone a game and that is obvious for tonight and a difficult game against Fulham!

18 hours ago, Tom said:

Paternoster in the shade of St Paul's, next to our head office. Don't get me wrong it's a nice pint of Estrella but I don't like the price 

If anyone is looking for a dirt cheap pint you can find a great independent pub by Westbourne Park, about 35 mins on the bus which serves a good John Smith's for £3.00...

Just now, nathan_rovers1 said:

I absolutely can't wait for this game, for once a game I can attend which is just around the corner where I live.

Feeling relatively optimistic about Rovers for the first time in years. With TM, I feel we could give anyone a game and that is obvious for tonight and a difficult game against Fulham!

Yeah I'm buzzing about rovers at the moment counting down the days and excited to see them get results, rather than thinking are we going to get battered again. They have won 4 of there last 6 and unbeaten in the other 2 but no reason why we can't put their run to an end 

Steele 

nyambe mulgrew Hoban williams 

mahoney Guthrie akpan Conway feeney

graham 

Just now, JonnyP said:

Yeah I'm buzzing about rovers at the moment counting down the days and excited to see them get results, rather than thinking are we going to get battered again. They have won 4 of there last 6 and unbeaten in the other 2 but no reason why we can't put their run to an end 

Steele 

graham 

Last time anybody tried Conway other than a winger he was sent off!!! No thank you. Why drop Lenihan?

7 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Last time anybody tried Conway other than a winger he was sent off!!! No thank you. Why drop Lenihan?

Apologies I meant to have Conway on the wing, I. Just think that would be a fairly solid set up to start with, n having Mahoney starting to giv a little bit of. Counter threat n to provide Graham with a bit of service, i wouldn't be surprised if things change during the game TM isn't afraid of making subs and changing the shape but that would be my set up to start with.

34 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

Steele 

graham 

There is no doubt that this will be an incredibly tough game, I would maybe switch that around and play 4-4-2.

Think Mahoney tonight would be a better impact player although I do not think he is far from a start.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Joao looked like a Premiership Striker on Saturday, I would have him in team over Graham all day long. Short of the cross, Graham did the square root of @#/? all again on Saturday.

Anyone who scores 2 in a game will look like a decent striker, I am yet to be convinced...

However, Graham has been poor last few games and under TM looks to be out of favour.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Joao looked like a Premiership Striker on Saturday, I would have him in team over Graham all day long. Short of the cross, Graham did the square root of @#/? all again on Saturday.

All our strikers are inconsistent for one reason or another, coming up with who will have a good game is pure guesswork.

The way things usually go, Joao will probably look like Ali Dia if he starts.

27 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Jaoa looked like a premier league striker?Where you at the game or are you talking about the brief highlights of the goals? In any case Jaoa wasn't playing up front,he played wide left.He scored two goals his first in the Championship for over a year 

51 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

TM in his post Norwich interview said that he thinks that Joao is best suited to maurauding down the left so maybe its him or Gallagher for that.

Just now, preston blue said:

Are you on your way Aggy?

No Mike. Missed Norwich, missing Fulham and Brighton. Back on the road for Reading.

That'll be three league games missed in the last three seasons.

Make sure they get something, hope you get to enjoy a win. I think Warren is on his way down.

Button. Odoi  Ream  Kalas Malone Sessegnon Cairney McDonald Johansen Kebano Aluko

That was Fulham's 11 on Saturday. Some decent players, I'm not familiar with all of them, but nothing to be terrified of.

Cairney seems to be their key man but, as we know, get stuck in to him and he can be kept quiet

I reckon we can get something against that lineup

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Button. Odoi  Ream  Kalas Malone Sessegnon Cairney McDonald Johansen Kebano Aluko

That was Fulham's 11 on Saturday. Some decent players, I'm not familiar with all of them, but nothing to be terrified of.

Cairney seems to be their key man but, as we know, get stuck in to him and he can be kept quiet

I reckon we can get something against that lineup

Sessegnon, the 16 yr old kid is very good! Does not look out of place at all at this level already.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Jaoa looked like a premier league striker?Where you at the game or are you talking about the brief highlights of the goals? In any case Jaoa wasn't playing up front,he played wide left.He scored two goals his first in the Championship for over a year 

I watch every Rovers game on the Rovers player and most of the Under 21 games. I am not fortunate enough to go.

Joao looks like a target man that filled the inside left channel well on Saturday, but is a striker to me. Against 10 men that possible to play that way.

Are we going to pretend like Joao didn't play well on Saturday? Doesn't matter if it was only one game, if he is on form he should start especially when Graham is hardly setting the heather ablaze this season.

Archived