BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what happens if we stay up?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We will have a proper manager over our squad for the first time during pre-season since Allardyce and a DOF in place to improve communication. I am positive and confident that we will improve on this season considerably. I can see a much more planned and considered approach to our player releasing and recruitment. 

lol okay... and remember, boom, just like that, the Looneys from Pune messes it all up

2 hours ago, Disenfranchised said:

Whassat? Smells like a 'concerned representative' from the 'dark side' to me. Always on the side of the establishment, always looking to paper over the cracks. Always strangely adjacent to the view from the terraces.

Accounts get hacked all the time - perhaps this 'old' BRFCS account has been hijacked by someone with ulterior motives? Just speculating, of course.

If you have a point to make please make it in a reasonable fashion. If not it's better to remain silent

Thank you

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great discussion guys. Great top see the thread has disintegrated into drivel by page 2. That must be a record.

Empty vessels really do make the most noise. 

You raised the topic, what do you see happening if we stay up and more importantly why?

Don't just say we have a DOF (who has no positive track record whatsoever btw, certainly no grounds for optimism).

Most supporters would only see another season of no hope or ambition unless there was significant financial investment and/or a change in how the club was structured and run, do you know different?

If there are no positives from their reign to date, as you imply, how can you seriously assume improvement in the future----AFTER NEARLY 7 YEARS!!

You have to be on the wind-up AGAIN.

(Sorry for borrowing your caps Abbey!)

Just now, darrenrover said:

You raised the topic, what do you see happening if we stay up and more importantly why?

Don't just say we have a DOF (who has no positive track record whatsoever btw, certainly no grounds for optimism).

Most supporters would only see another season of no hope or ambition unless there was significant financial investment and/or a change in how the club was structured and run, do you know different?

I didn't raise the topic. I responded to the opening post in a thread somebody else opened. 

What do you mean "don't just say we have a DOF"?? I see it as a positive, so I will just say that. I will also add that since we he came in, he sacked a dud of a manager. Appointed a manager who has been a huge success so far, in albeit a short time. A manager that nobody here would have chosen. As for Seniors track record, the default approach here is slate anyone. I don't know a great deal about his previous record, similar to practically everyone else here. All I have read on his record here is speculation. I will reserve judgement until i see more, as is my right. 

Struggling next season is not guaranteed. I am not saying that we wont, but having a proper manager and a hungry team of players in this division goes a long way. Coyle was a terrible appointment. Our squad should not be where we are. So I see improvements next season.

Just now, Paul said:

Either make a sensible point or leave it alone

C'mn Paul. That was meant to be humorous. It's a Message Board not the Financial Times! Why should points be serious necessarily?

However, I've finished there, I just wish he didn't get quoted.

Just now, 47er said:

If there are no positives from their reign to date, as you imply, how can you seriously assume improvement in the future----AFTER NEARLY 7 YEARS!!

You have to be on the wind-up AGAIN.

(Sorry for borrowing your caps Abbey!)

BECAUSE WE HAVE A PROPER MANAGER, SOME GOOD YOUNG PLAYERS COMING THROUGH AND A DOF IN PLACE. DOING BETTER NEXT SEASON MEANS NOT BEING INVOLVED IN A RELEGATION BATTLE. THAT IS NOT A COMPLETELY WILD CLAIM AS SOME SEEM TO THINK. 

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't raise the topic. I responded to the opening post in a thread somebody else opened. 

What do you mean "don't just say we have a DOF"?? I see it as a positive, so I will just say that. I will also add that since we he came in, he sacked a dud of a manager. Appointed a manager who has been a huge success so far, in albeit a short time. A manager that nobody here would have chosen. As for Seniors track record, the default approach here is slate anyone. I don't know a great deal about his previous record, similar to practically everyone else here. All I have read on his record here is speculation. I will reserve judgement until i see more, as is my right. 

Struggling next season is not guaranteed. I am not saying that we wont, but having a proper manager and a hungry team of players in this division goes a long way. Coyle was a terrible appointment. Our squad should not be where we are. So I see improvements next season.

I presume the 'we' was a freudian slip! You didn't raise the topic, apologies for that.

If you're positive, good for you and you're entitled to your opinions, cart on. Don't forget which regime appointed Coyle and unless I've missed something, they're still in situ.

I'd love nothing more than to be positive about our future, apologies but I'm not.

Optimism is all relative. I don't think we will be involved in a relegation scrap is all. I honestly think we can compete around mid-table and the fringe of the play-offs with a few additions to the playing squad. This division is crazy. Are a team like Reading or Brighton even, much better than us? I am not sure. 

Need to stay up first though! 

Sorry Big Dog,but I can't see the optimism for the following reasons:

1. The D of F appears to be another Shagnew/Shebby Singh/Anderson kind of chancer who is after a quick buck.

2. Our better players are loanees, and we have no money to buy them.

3. Quite a few players are on Bosmans this summer, and will most likely be replaced by a bunch of out of contract asshats because they're cheaper.

4. More massive cost cuts will probably take place as bank loans are running out and the owners are too arrogant to sell up.

5. Tony may walk out if he's being messed about and not given the chance to improve the squad (as in have a say about who comes in, and whether the D of F's suggestions are the right guys).

6. Since the day the Raos took over, they have had an uncanny ability to take the wrong decision for the club. 

7. At least one of the better youngsters will probably be sold so Bling Rao can buy a Ferrari.

So with the likelihood of a downgraded squad which is very different to the current squad I cannot see that anything will be better next season.

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great discussion guys. Great top see the thread has disintegrated into drivel by page 2. That must be a record.

Empty vessels really do make the most noise. 

For someone who called for the thread to be closed on the first page you've more front than Blackpool.

You're ruining most threads, but I know that won't be allowed to continue much longer.

We have a few positive posters still around, this despite years of neglect from the owners, but they've got plenty of substance in their posts, you've not, which is why nobody is taking you seriously.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Sorry Big Dog,but I can't see the optimism for the following reasons:

1. The D of F appears to be another Shagnew/Shebby Singh/Anderson kind of chancer who is after a quick buck.

2. Our better players are loanees, and we have no money to buy them.

3. Quite a few players are on Bosmans this summer, and will most likely be replaced by a bunch of out of contract asshats because they're cheaper.

4. More massive cost cuts will probably take place as bank loans are running out and the owners are too arrogant to sell up.

5. Tony may walk out if he's being messed about and not given the chance to improve the squad (as in have a say about who comes in, and whether the D of F's suggestions are the right guys).

6. Since the day the Raos took over, they have had an uncanny ability to take the wrong decision for the club. 

7. At least one of the better youngsters will probably be sold so Bling Rao can buy a Ferrari.

So with the likelihood of a downgraded squad which is very different to the current squad I cannot see that anything will be better next season.

1- What are you basing that on? 

2-Sam Gallagher is on loan. I would argue he isn't even our best striker at the moment. 

3- We will have to wait and see who signs new contracts and who doesn't. I would re-sign Guthrie and Mahoney as definites, not sure on a few others. 

4-Doesn't mean we will be worse than this season. 

5-We will have to wait and see. No suggestion of this at the moment. If he did leave, it would be terrible. 

6-Agree with you here. Can just hope they have learnt valubale lessons and just let Mowbray get on with his job, hopefully with some support. 

7-Again, we will have to wait and see. Every player has his price. I would be more concerned about Mahoney not signing a contract.

I just don't see a downgrade. Mowbray is far more astute than Coyle. Even on a budget. 

Just now, Gav said:

For someone who called for the thread to be closed on the first page you've more front than Blackpool.

You're ruining most threads, but I know that won't be allowed to continue much longer.

We have a few positive posters still around, this despite years of neglect from the owners, but they've got plenty of substance in their posts, you've not, which is why nobody is taking you seriously.

Yet you take time to respond:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think that's a good point, the speculative sh*te that is discussed on here sometimes is beyond rubbish, I appreciate things have been abysmal in the last 6 years but I agree if we stay up with a half decent manager who seems to have the players on his side and given the summer to work on things we could work our way into mid table next season. 

When TM was appointed the amount of negativity was unbelievable with people claiming it to be the worst decision ever nearly hoping it failed, ok it's only 5 games in but he's started remarkably well and we already look like a half decent outfit, Fulham game will be a big test but I think there are people on here who think they know more than they do sucking the life out of the club and the supporters who are trying to get behind the club.

My opinion is that fans refusing to go to games and boycotting the club is part of the failings, we are averaging 11,000 a game which isn't good enough to finance new players or give players decent contracts, I appreciate the owners have been less than forward with their own cash but I think the fans need to stay together continue to go to games and get behind the team. At the end of the day it's our club do we want it to let it to be a forgotten memory or do we pull together, turn out and have our voices heard.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

BECAUSE WE HAVE A PROPER MANAGER, SOME GOOD YOUNG PLAYERS COMING THROUGH AND A DOF IN PLACE. DOING BETTER NEXT SEASON MEANS NOT BEING INVOLVED IN A RELEGATION BATTLE. THAT IS NOT A COMPLETELY WILD CLAIM AS SOME SEEM TO THINK. 

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? 

We had a DoF during the January transfer window. What did he do? Sign a dodgy striker and illegal defender, then proceed to tell the fans that selling Marshall on the last day of the window was the best thing for the club.

Most of the first team squad will leave and be replaced with freebies. We'll be favourites for relegation come August no doubt about it.

The only positive is that we have Mowbray rather than Coyle. But we've been here before with Lambert.

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Having a proper manager and a hungry team of players in this division goes a long way. Coyle was a terrible appointment. Our squad should not be where we are. So I see improvements next season.

The very first post I read from you was telling us how much you supported Owen Coyle? We need to give him time, he's done it before etc etc......

I'm going on past records and probability with regards to what is likely to happen. It could turn out to be brilliant, but I am very doubtful. I live in Coventry Big Dog, and I have seen exactly what has happened so far with regards to the squad, and what will probably happen. Coventry have had loads of managers over the last 5 years,and any half decent youngster or player who had a good season has been sold ASAP. Academy players like Murphy, Morrison, Christie, Baker have all shown promise, and then been shipped out on the cheap as soon as a club shows an interest. The more experienced players like Leon Clarke and Franck Moussa have been doing well for them, and then either got sold on the cheap or leave on a Bosman. Last season or the season before they had a Newcastle youngster called Adam Armstrong. He was scoring loads of goals, but was only loaned until January. That season, Coventry were top of League 1 and looking good for promotion. Newcastle decided to send Armstrong elsewhere and the bottom fell out of Coventry's season.

Now Coventry are about 6 points adrift of the next team at the bottom of the league 1 and are on their 4th manager this season. God knows where they will play next season as their tenancy agreement at the Ricoh is up, and the clubs' owners SISU are busy fighting the sale of the stadium to Wasps despite losing in the Supreme Court last time. The fans have stopped going to games, there is a new squad of desperadoes and kids every 6 months (Yakubu has just signed, though he looks more like Benni McCarthy after a Supersize me diet) and there is no hope. The owners are intent on destroying the club and even the better managers they've had have found the task impossible.

The way things are going, this will be our future, and I can't see how a hamstrung manager and a white Shebby Singh can turn the titanic around. And there's also the debts to consider.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do you mean "don't just say we have a DOF"?? I see it as a positive, so I will just say that. I will also add that since we he came in, he sacked a dud of a manager. Appointed a manager who has been a huge success so far, in albeit a short time.

Coyle was a terrible appointment.

Really?  Proof?

You see, if you lay down rules for everyone else then you should follow em too.  Who knows what people will think of you otherwise.

Nice to see you being consistent.  You don't half come out with some.

Archived