BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Squad 2017/18

7 hours ago, Disenfranchised said:

It shows July 2016 at the top of this table. Lucas Jao didn't even join us till January, so I'm a bit nonplussed where this 'data' comes from - is it Championship Manager software or something?

Football Manager, as was being discussed.

The game has a researcher for every club in the world, a head researcher per division who vets the data, and then a head researcher per country who makes sure everything is definitely vetted, so triple checked. It is why clubs like Everton use it. They know their stuff. One of the best databases in football.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

The point made about Wes Brown in interesting, that he'd be happy to keep playing in whatever level (or words to that description - I cant get back on the link to check the wording).

I did think Wes was quite slow, and left us open when he wasnt able to track back, but could he be a wise old owl to have in the squad if we have a lot of youth that need a calm, experienced head around? Also, I recall him signing as a part player - part U23 coach, so surely if he's useful to the Youth, they won't want to get rid?

Fair play to him if he is one of the rare genuine players who isn't in it for the money. I respect that.

I also read that Williams was Club Player of the Year in another story on there. Not the worst from a bad bunch but I thought others deserved it more such as Lenihan, Mulgrew, and possibly Gallacher (though a loanee).

1 hour ago, Leyland-Rover said:

The point made about Wes Brown in interesting, that he'd be happy to keep playing in whatever level (or words to that description - I cant get back on the link to check the wording).

I did think Wes was quite slow, and left us open when he wasnt able to track back, but could he be a wise old owl to have in the squad if we have a lot of youth that need a calm, experienced head around? Also, I recall him signing as a part player - part U23 coach, so surely if he's useful to the Youth, they won't want to get rid?

Fair play to him if he is one of the rare genuine players who isn't in it for the money. I respect that.

Brown has been the perfect role model for the youngsters.  They guy appears to have no edge to him just someone who loves playing football and watching him with the Under-23's it was noticeable how he helped guide the youngsters in games.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Brown has been the perfect role model for the youngsters.  They guy appears to have no edge to him just someone who loves playing football and watching him with the Under-23's it was noticeable how he helped guide the youngsters in games.

I take your point Parson but have we had value for money? A reputed £8k per week or £400k in total for his services for which he was injured for a period of.

Just now, arbitro said:

I take your point Parson but have we had value for money? A reputed £8k per week or £400k in total for his services for which he was injured for a period of.

How much is a coach likely to be paid? If he's providing a playing and coaching roll, perhaps the salary is more justifiable?

1 hour ago, Savory said:

who do we have on loan to other clubs due to return to us?

Off the top of my head...Hoban, Hendrie, Emnes, Gallagher, Joao. Leaves us a bit light up front! I can't see us retaining any of the players whose contracts are up either. 

Raya

Nyambe Ward Wharton Williams

Feeney Evans Mulgrew Conway 

Bennett

Graham

Best I could do with what's left! Think Mulgrew will leave though, he's far too good for this division. 

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

How much is a coach likely to be paid? If he's providing a playing and coaching roll, perhaps the salary is more justifiable?

I would expect senior players at any club to help and guide young players as a matter of course. £400k is a ridiculous amount of money for very little return.

Just now, LeChuck said:

Off the top of my head...Hoban, Hendrie, Emnes, Gallagher, Joao. Leaves us a bit light up front! I can't see us retaining any of the players whose contracts are up either. 

Raya

Nyambe Ward Mulgrew Williams

Feeney Evans Bennett Conway 

Graham Stokes

Best I could do with what's left!

We'll be really lucky to start next season with a team as good as that. I can't see half of those players being here when the window closes.

Just now, LeChuck said:

Raya

Nyambe Ward Wharton Williams

Bennett Evans Mulgrew Conway 

Graham Stokes

Best I could do with what's left! Think Mulgrew will leave though, he's far too good for this division. 

That team with youngsters on the bench would be a good league side. Evans, Mulgrew, Graham and Ward are all injury prone.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We'll be really lucky to start next season with a team as good as that. I can't see half of those players being here when the window closes.

I did think that as I was writing it. I think Graham, Bennett and Evans will have no problem finding Championship clubs. 

Just now, arbitro said:

I would expect senior players at any club to help and guide young players as a matter of course. £400k is a ridiculous amount of money for very little return.

Assuming he is paid a realistic wage, would you personally support him remaining at the club, in his current roll of player-youth coach?

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

Assuming he is paid a realistic wage, would you personally support him remaining at the club, in his current roll of player-youth coach?

No. There are enough coaches some of whom will be waiting anxiously to see if they still have a job.

8 minutes ago, Leyland-Rover said:

Good question, but the EFL posting this a few seasons ago, dated 12th June. So if this is anything to go buy, they've got a month yet?

http://www.efl.com/news/article/2015/the-football-league-retained-and-released-list-2491522.aspx

Even though it was published in June the article states the list is correct as of May 16th, which suggests the deadline is normally around now. Teams from League 1 have been releasing their lists within days of their season ending. Ours will be this week, or early next at the latest, I'd imagine.

Nixon Said last Sunday the wage bill currently stood around 16 million per annum before appearance fees/agents fees/ and loyalty sums are added in which in any case are listed further down in the accounts after wages.

So here goes at something like what we are looking at:

Publication1.jpg

10 hours ago, cmb211087 said:

Football Manager, as was being discussed.

The game has a researcher for every club in the world, a head researcher per division who vets the data, and then a head researcher per country who makes sure everything is definitely vetted, so triple checked. It is why clubs like Everton use it. They know their stuff. One of the best databases in football.

Like I said, the date on the table is well before the arrival of Lucas Jao. I'd be happy to accept the data if it was indeed an accurate reflection of reality, but not even Championship Manager can see into the future ;)

1 minute ago, Disenfranchised said:

Like I said, the date on the table is well before the arrival of Lucas Jao. I'd be happy to accept the data if it was indeed an accurate reflection of reality, but not even Championship Manager can see into the future ;)

It is from the January transfer update data pack, which includes the Jao loan.

Starting a new game with that data pack starts you from June or July 2016, hence the date...

When times were special. I remember this game like it was yesterday. I was sat 2 rows back, dead center in the upper tier of the Blackburn end. A guy in front of us was passing round packets of turkish delights before the game. I hate them but I ate one as I felt like it was all part of the moment. Watching that video gives me goosebumps. With all the money in the world we'll never have another Tugay. Nobody will. 

Archived