BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Squad 2017/18

Just now, Stuart said:

The EFL hand out £1m for being in League Two? Or is that for the winners? Would be good to actually get a source of this info.

Given the dramatic rise in the Premier League TV Rights deal, we could be looking at the value of a third-year parachute payment being in the region of £15-£20 million, which could see our clubs receive £675K-£900K a year just in solidarity payments which is up from the current £325K p.a! 

http://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/football-league-solidarity-payments.1179/

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Ward Williams
Feeney Tomlinson Mulgrew Conway
Stokes Joao 

Subs
Wharton
Hardcastle
Doyle
Rankin-Costello

Add in a few cheap experienced league 1 type free transfers and loans. That would be the starting point.

Would try to keep Lenihan and Mulgrew, and would try to get Joao back on loan. Rankin-Costello and Tomlinson will be good in League 1 you would hope.

Sell/Release/Gone: Gallagher, Emnes, Graham, Mahoney, Henley, Greer, Hoban, Steele, Hendrie, Brown, Akpan, Bennett, Guthrie, Lowe, Evan

An epic clearout

The only excitement i have of going down is seeing some academy players coming through and us picking up some talent from League One, League Two and Conference where their are plenty of great potential players we can snap up. 

Remember last time we did something like this; the problem won't be keeping hold of assets, but to get rid of them. Even on a free transfer, few clubs would pay wages to any players we currently have under contract. My guess is that we'll start next season with most if not all our currently contracted players, and then see a slow but steady stream leave on severance deals as our economy becomes even more of a bad joke. That means that the following squad of players will need to be expanded upon:

Steele, Raya

Williams, Ward, Mulgrew, Nyambe, Lenihan

Evans, Bennett, Conway, Mahoney

Graham, Stokes

Some U23 players, a few trialists, a loan or three will make up the numbers. Quite possibly with Dunn as main coach. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Isn't he one of the brighter prospects? This isn't sounding good.

Academy can't be ran at current cost in league 1. They're all going to go. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Isn't he one of the brighter prospects? This isn't sounding good.

Not really.  The four lads who the club want to retain have been offered terms - but from what I hear they aren't the best of terms.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Not really.  The four lads who the club want to retain have been offered terms - but from what I hear they aren't the best of terms.

Out of interest, who are they? At a guess; Fisher, Magloire, Tomlinson, Mahoney, Rankin-Costello? 

53 minutes ago, thegrumpyman said:

The £1m and £6m refer to TV money only and not winners money.  In the Championship the TV money is £6m and in League One it is only £1m.

They'll be on the phone tomorrow to lenders borrowing against that 1 million.

I don't think players like Evans or Mulgrew would take the step down to League One, we might even struggle to keep Stokes.

Raya, Nyambe and Lenihan will interest other clubs.

I don't know if any of the players will stay and try to help the club back up, or is it all about the money these days?

Just now, Swanson said:

I don't think players like Evans or Mulgrew would take the step down to League One, we might even struggle to keep Stokes.

Raya, Nyambe and Lenihan will interest other clubs.

I don't know if any of the players will stay and try to help the club back up, or is it all about the money these days?

Struggle to keep stokes I'd be amazed if we can get rid of him who would want him he has so many problems and we are paying him 20k a week to make home videos he would be the first I'd get rid of

Just now, JonnyP said:

Struggle to keep stokes I'd be amazed if we can get rid of him who would want him he has so many problems and we are paying him 20k a week to make home videos he would be the first I'd get rid of

Hibernian ?

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Hibernian ?

Fingers crossed, I wouldn't sign him but let's hope they do, Can't see to many wanting Graham either looked really over weight today our main goal score getting subbed when we needed goals he looked unmotivated and uninterest most the time

The only players I'd be bothered about losing are the ones that will be out of the door first if I know anything about Venkys - Graham, Mulgrew and Lenihan. 

The first signing has to be Mowbray, and that needs to happen quickly. 

We need a plan of styles of play and targets, and we need to be quick about it. We will be scouring the free transfer market, so we need to first in there for the top targets including loans of PL club youngsters.

Archived