BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Squad 2017/18

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically we don't need a cull of any sort. If these owners really want us to get back up there is nothing stopping them funding a push at promotion. Their 'statement' says they are putting plans in place and are determined to bounce back from this 'temporary setback' so if they start selling everyone and invest nothing it won't be because of FFP rules, it will be because they have lied, again.

27 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Based on what we have or may retain:

Raya

Nyambe  Ward  Wharton  Williams

Bennett  Mulgrew  Lennihan Mahoney

Rankin Costello

Graham

Good mix of youth and experience there.

Not a bad line up. Defence left is a bit suspect.

It will be interesting to see which of those players are still at Rovers come ko day.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd say it's an even bet that NONE of the four in midfield will be at the club at the end of August.

They will also be working hard to get Graham and Ward off the books too. Doesn't leave a lot does it?

54 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Graham will definitely be off. He won't drop his wage from circa £20k to £3k.

We will give him away for free. 

He does have relegation wage drop clause in his contract so might only be 13k a week. 

I would deffo keep. 

He did say to fans after the Brentford game that he would be staying after relegation. So did Conway

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He does have relegation wage drop clause in his contract so might only be 13k a week. 

I would deffo keep. 

He did say to fans after the Brentford game that he would be staying after relegation. So did Conway

Can we afford £13k? Seems quite high for league one(could be wrong)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would deffo keep. 

You would imagine that the players would have a  relegation provision  wages in their contracts. Isn't that the reason mahoney wouldn't sign is because his wages would drop too much if we were relegated. 

I hope graham stays. He did say he likes it here that was the reason he returned after his loan spell. I'm sure he had offers else where. 

Lets hope he stays along with Mulgrew.

I think darragh steele Bennett stokes  Williams will all be gone 

1 hour ago, MarkAtkins'BaldPatch said:

I'd like to think we'd bounce straight back up with that line-up... good mix of youth and experience as you say.

Plus the extra player helps too! :huh:;)

Hmmm, not sure if the wink is to point out that there are twelve players, or to acknowledge you know there aren't but that it looks that way. T'internets a bugger;)

Archived