BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

15 minutes ago, lraC said:

I have often wondered about how the person (s) who make the decisions on things like the new manager, keep quiet to all their friends and family, so that a big bet isn't placed on an outsider, they know has already got the job. I wasn't following the market in the summer of 2016 but imagine if Cheston had an agreement with Warnock and let it be known that he let it be known, that he was to be appointed, on his return from holiday. The odds on Coyle, would have drifted pretty dramatically, as he was a long shot to begin with.  I guess the UK bookmakers, were bad to target, as they would be likely to investigate, with the usual irregular betting patterns, a bit like the Pakistan cricket spot fixing. If say the Hong Kong bookmakers, aren't quite as savvy, then these rumours, could well have some substance.

One other thing that has crossed my mind too. The exchanges are punter v punter, so no bookmaker would lose, if a large bet was placed on an outsider, to get the job. Given that the rumours are about bets placed in Hong Kong, it may be worth checking if there are betting exchanged available there.

Some of the far eastern betting companies are huge but not widely known in the UK.. If you knew the outcome of something it would be very easy to get a bet on.. If you wanted to go as big as possible as quite a lot of markets have limits you could let a regular big spending punter place the bet

buying money as they say 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Some of the far eastern betting companies are huge but not widely known in the UK.. If you knew the outcome of something it would be very easy to get a bet on.. If you wanted to go as big as possible as quite a lot of markets have limits you could let a regular big spending punter place the bet

buying money as they say 

It appears in the UK even that lots of exchange bets are placed on this type or market. I guess, a senior club official ensuring everyone knew that a certain manager would be appointed, could distort the odds and lead to a flood of bets, if still available. The person who knows full well that this was a red herring, then mops up. It makes the great train robbery look insignificant.

https://betting.betfair.com/football/manager-specials/

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

It appears in the UK even that lots of exchange bets are placed on this type or market. I guess, a senior club official ensuring everyone knew that a certain manager would be appointed, could distort the odds and lead to a flood of bets, if still available. The person who knows full well that this was a red herring, then mops up. It makes the great train robbery look insignificant.

If that kind of thing doesn't go on in football regularly then i'm Lord Lucan !  It's a no brainer way of making a few extra quid for the back pockets of whoever is involved whilst the club itself picks up the tab of changing manager.

It's even been flagged up at Rovers under this regime with the big money going on Allardyce to be potted in a certain area of London out of the blue. Also Souness to Newcastle where huge bets were placed in the middle of the night all of a sudden. Every time this lot have changed manager there's been a nailed on fav about to be appointed only for a complete long odds left field to be quickly installed from nowhere it even happened with Mowbrays appointment.

Someone's playing the game alright when the opportunity arises.

Games bent as fook.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If that kind of thing doesn't go on in football regularly then i'm Lord Lucan !  It's a no brainer way of making a few extra quid for the back pockets of whoever is involved whilst the club itself picks up the tab of changing manager.

It's even been flagged up at Rovers under this regime with the big money going on Allardyce to be potted in a certain area of London out of the blue. Also Souness to Newcastle where huge bets were placed in the middle of the night all of a sudden. Every time this lot have changed manager there's been a nailed on fav about to be appointed only for a complete long odds left field to be quickly installed from nowhere it even happened with Mowbrays appointment.

Someone's playing the game alright when the opportunity arises.

Games bent as fook.

The next manager to be potted market is a good one, referred to as the sack race. When a brand spanking new manger is appointed, he would be the least likely (big odds) to be potted. Imagine the money to be made, if that happened twice in one season. Paying one his full wages over the term of his contract, would easily be covered.

www.thesackrace.com

Not sure it's as widespread corrupt as some people are making out unless someone can convince me the Refs are in on it as well, after all ultimately the refs are the 1s who play a major part in deciding the outcome with the decision making which also leads to managers getting the sack as a result of the outcomes.

1 minute ago, Bluebarley said:

Not sure it's as widespread corrupt as some people are making out unless someone can convince me the Refs are in on it as well, after all ultimately the refs are the 1s who play a major part in deciding the outcome with the decision making which also leads to managers getting the sack as a result of the outcomes.

Look no further and home in on this bit. While the score was 4-0, a huge amount of money in the Asian gambling markets had been bet on a fifth goal being scored. Think Hong Kong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10918404/Football-match-fixing-Referees-guilty-of-fixing-final-scores-in-high-stakes-games.html

12 minutes ago, lraC said:

The next manager to be potted market is a good one, referred to as the sack race. When a brand spanking new manger is appointed, he would be the least likely (big odds) to be potted. Imagine the money to be made, if that happened twice in one season. Paying one his full wages over the term of his contract, would easily be covered.

www.thesackrace.com

Yep you could inject it back in to pay for the next attempt at failure :blink:

My mind is very suspicious and no wonder. People ask on a regular basis, why do Venkys, continue to own us? Have a little think back to the two Ian's proposal and given that state of things, even  then, who in their right mind would not only turn it down, but deny having even received the bid? Some people can see the wood from the trees here, but I am absolutely convinced, we have dark forces at work.

Am I reading this correct that some loons on here are saying that certain people appointed Coyle and then bet heavily on us to be relegated. 

They must have somehow fixed the Birmingham and Forest games at the end of the season to be sure of their bet coming up. Maybe they also paid Huddersfield to rest all of those players for the Birmingham game. Lucky that they knew we would also play out a goal-less draw at Wolves.

Or did they make millions on the "next manager' market? A market where there is no liquidity at all (especially on Championship clubs). If you try and get £50 on they will probably half your stake.

Ah, illegal far eastern betting companies I hear you cry.  Standing millions on next manager markets?  They are illegal - not stupid.

1 hour ago, lraC said:

any suspicious bets on ANY market are red flagged and you have the chance the bookmakers wont pay out.

Normal market betting activity V a sudden influx on 1 betting market.

Ive often wondered how you can bet huge and get paided out.

Biggest bet I ever took was for £178K cash over the counter and the sh*t and level of security I had to go through so he could place he bet was incredible. IT won and he won 1/4mill which was then paid into his bank account ( he could have asked for cash) but even being paid in this account the our own security team asked for all sorts of bankstatments and person ID ( which I didnt agree with) it was embarrassing

7 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

any suspicious bets on ANY market are red flagged and you have the chance the bookmakers wont pay out.

Normal market betting activity V a sudden influx on 1 betting market.

Ive often wondered how you can bet huge and get paided out.

Biggest bet I ever took was for £178K cash over the counter and the sh*t and level of security I had to go through so he could place he bet was incredible. IT won and he won 1/4mill which was then paid into his bank account ( he could have asked for cash) but even being paid in this account the our own security team asked for all sorts of bankstatments and person ID ( which I didnt agree with) it was embarrassing

Money laundering rules, prevent this happening in the UK. One poster has already pointed out, that the illegal market makers are illegal, not stupid. Of course that statement is spot on, but what you simply have to remember, is any bookmaker offering odds will ensure he wins no matter that the amount staked is. As can be seen from the link below, it is suggested the 20% of the punters already know the outcome, yet Bookmakers still take the bets. They know only too well, that the favourite will not always win and set their odds accordingly. For someone who is 100% certain of the outcome, they don't take the money off the bookmaker, they take it from other punters, which is how every bookmaker operates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/pakistan-bookmakers-reveal-depth-of-cricket-245357

Of the statements made this morning so far on here, then one I agree with most is " illegal bookmakers are illegal not stupid". I would go further than that and say illegal bookmakers are extremely clever. It still does not remove the idea though, that for someone knowing the outcome of something 100% cannot get a significant bet on. For anyone who has read my posts today by the way, I have not stated that Coyle was appointed to ensure relegation was certain.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-betting-system-work-How-does-the-bookie-make-a-profit

53 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Am I reading this correct that some loons on here are saying that certain people appointed Coyle and then bet heavily on us to be relegated. 

They must have somehow fixed the Birmingham and Forest games at the end of the season to be sure of their bet coming up. Maybe they also paid Huddersfield to rest all of those players for the Birmingham game. Lucky that they knew we would also play out a goal-less draw at Wolves.

Or did they make millions on the "next manager' market? A market where there is no liquidity at all (especially on Championship clubs). If you try and get £50 on they will probably half your stake.

Ah, illegal far eastern betting companies I hear you cry.  Standing millions on next manager markets?  They are illegal - not stupid.

Haha. Well I was pretty certain we were going down, as soon as I heard about the appointment.

More fool me for not betting on that outcome!

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Haha. Well I was pretty certain we were going down, as soon as I heard about the appointment.

More fool me for not betting on that outcome!

Selling both centre halves and signing a striker with a conviction hanging over him, persuaded me.

Just now, lraC said:

Of the statements made this morning so far on here, then one I agree with most is " illegal bookmakers are illegal not stupid". I would go further than that and say illegal bookmakers are extremely clever. It still does not remove the idea though, that for someone know the outcome of something 100% cannot get a significant bet on. For anyone who has read my posts today by the way, I have not stated that Coyle was appointed to ensure relegation was certain.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-betting-system-work-How-does-the-bookie-make-a-profit

Half the rules that bookie abide by never sat right with me, whilst they have to remain honest and legal they do move the goals posts in there favour and sa you say when they know a bets more or less cert they will change the odds or restrict the stake.

Number of price changes on football coupons that caused arguments was unreal.

Always remember my punter wanting 100K on Chelsea to beat Wigan at Wigan  Chelsea were even money but we could only offer him 10k at evens the rest  at 10/11 , most other bookie were offering 11/10 anyway so he took his money else where.

Wigan beat Chesea 3-1 lol, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8269672.stm seen the punter about 2 weeks later and I asked if he put the bet on and he said no it was too much messing about betting that much at a new bookie having to go through all the security details plus most of the bookies in Blackburn knew of him anyway so they would either refuse or offer max stakes.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Half the rules that bookie abide by never sat right with me, whilst they have to remain honest and legal they do move the goals posts in there favour and sa you say when they know a bets more or less cert they will change the odds or restrict the stake.

Number of price changes on football coupons that caused arguments was unreal.

Always remember my punter wanting 100K on Chelsea to beat Wigan at Wigan  Chelsea were even money but we could only offer him 10k at evens the rest  at 10/11 , most other bookie were offering 11/10 anyway so he took his money else where.

Wigan beat Chesea 3-1 lol, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8269672.stm seen the punter about 2 weeks later and I asked if he put the bet on and he said no it was too much messing about betting that much at a new bookie having to go through all the security details plus most of the bookies in Blackburn knew of him anyway so they would either refuse or offer max stakes.

Absolutely and cements my point, as Wigan will have been backed by some at 3/1 or 4/1 possibly. The money they took on Chelsea and the draw, pays their returns to the Wigan backers. The bookie won't lose, just the punters.

and to make even a more point Bookies love winners , remember when Scoop6 winners are photographed outside the shop with a huge check from the bookmakers head office balloons champagne etc...... knowing that everyone and his dog will think if they can win that so can we and the amount of 'new scoop6 bets the week after far outweighs the payout.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

and to make even a more point Bookies love winners , remember when Scoop6 winners are photographed outside the shop with a huge check from the bookmakers head office balloons champagne etc...... knowing that everyone and his dog will think if they can win that so can we and the amount of 'new scoop6 bets the week after far outweighs the payout.

Again spot on, the cheque made up from the losing punters stakes, with a nice profit for the Tote.

Bookie love the football coupons, they printout bucket loads of different coupons every weekend and during the week, all fancy brightly colour  'easy slip' so even the dumb knucklescrapping slack jaw yolkel  can fill it out without even writing a number or alphabet letter. The cost of printing and designing and distribution of these must be immense and why ?? m  98% coupons are losers and theres no thinking needed to place the bet. Its border entrapment Funny how you dont see many CTC/CFC slips in bookies  with the bonus of x3   thats because bookie hate those bets

Archived