BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No hope he takes us up. Nice guy, but I'd much rather a nasty bugger who can get us playing.

Expecting stick off the usual people but I've completely lost faith in Mowbray. Top 2 is gone now and the sooner people accept it the better. We won't magically go on a wonder run and we haven't threatened it once.

Just now, sambo said:

No hope he takes us up. Nice guy, but I'd much rather a nasty bugger who can get us playing.

Expecting stick off the usual people but I've completely lost faith in Mowbray. Top 2 is gone now and the sooner people accept it the better. We won't magically go on a wonder run and we haven't threatened it once.

Im not even confident we will make the playoffs. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Yeah and after the cancelled Walsall game ,we'll be back to 2 free hits.

If you were inclined to get rid then now isn't a bad time to do it, no league game for a couple of weeks and maybe a new manager could get something positive from the games in hand 

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We are 6th in the league. 

Sacking him now would be massive mistake IMO..

Pedro, who the upgrade then?

If we stayed 6th we would still have a 75% chance of failure come the playoffs.

6th and hoping to get through the playoffs isn't a good enough plan 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We are 6th in the league. 

Sacking him now would be massive mistake IMO..

Pedro, who the upgrade then?

Bouncing in and out of the play offs, over 10 points behind Shrewsbury considering the extra resources we have in comparison to the rest of the league, is nowhere near good enough. The 2 losses at the start are sort of understandable, breaking in a new team into the league etc, then we hit our stride, then since its been so inconsistent, glimmers of quality mixed with loads of rubbish.

Answer me these:

Do you find watching Mowbrays team good to watch?

Could you describe his style of play?

Do you and does he know his best team?

On the back of 1 win in 5, do you see anything that suggests we can go on a run of form and get in the top 2?

Would you be happy with 6th at the end of the season?

Just now, RV Blue said:

Rosler

Grayson

Johnson

Whoever is in charge, sack Mowbray and take your pick.

Who do you think Suhail and Balaji will actually pick?  The guy who got Mowbray left in May so it will be down to those who brought Coyle in to make the appointment.  I guess we look for the least likely name, the one with the longest odds in the betting and put your money on them.  Don't think Brian Laws in working at the moment - his odds should appeal.

Just now, Mark45 said:

Why on earth would you want to replace the current manager with any of those nags?

Are you being sarcastic?

Rosler - totally outclassed Mowbray tonight, has had a very impressive managerial career so far, and has done a great job at Fleetwood.

Grayson - 4 promotions out of this league.

Johnson - done a great job with the u23s and will know our squad inside out.

Mowbray - been an utter failure since 2008.

Can't believe I dignified your comment with a response.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Are you being sarcastic?

Rosler - totally outclassed Mowbray tonight, has had a very impressive managerial career so far, and has done a great job at Fleetwood.

Grayson - 4 promotions out of this league.

Johnson - done a great job with the u23s and will know our squad inside out.

Mowbray - been an utter failure since 2008.

Can't believe I dignified your comment with a response.

so you want rosler as manager because he won tonight,thats a bit off piste mate.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Who do you think Suhail and Balaji will actually pick?  The guy who got Mowbray left in May so it will be down to those who brought Coyle in to make the appointment.  I guess we look for the least likely name, the one with the longest odds in the betting and put your money on them.  Don't think Brian Laws in working at the moment - his odds should appeal.

You've nailed the issue Parson. I wouldn't trust either of them to pick their own nose.

That said, any successful manager we have ever had has always had drive, determination and charisma of sorts. Mowbray has none and should never have been chosen, he's a latter day Jim Iley for me.

Just now, Mark45 said:

so you want rosler as manager because he won tonight,thats a bit off piste mate.

Read again closely:

5 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Rosler

Grayson

Johnson

Whoever is in charge, sack Mowbray and take your pick.

Does D.Johnson even want to be a 1st team manager?

Rosler has never achieved promotion 

Grayson just be sacked by Sunderland. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Bouncing in and out of the play offs, over 10 points behind Shrewsbury considering the extra resources we have in comparison to the rest of the league, is nowhere near good enough. The 2 losses at the start are sort of understandable, breaking in a new team into the league etc, then we hit our stride, then since its been so inconsistent, glimmers of quality mixed with loads of rubbish.

Answer me these:

Do you find watching Mowbrays team good to watch?

Could you describe his style of play?

Do you and does he know his best team?

On the back of 1 win in 5, do you see anything that suggests we can go on a run of form and get in the top 2?

Would you be happy with 6th at the end of the season?

I dont mind watching Mowbray team but It will never be as good as Mark Hughes teams. But I aint expecting it too either. 

Our Style at Home is keep the ball, get the wide and cross the ball. Away.is abit too defensively for my likely. 

I know what my team would be for home and away games. Does Mowbray? Thats a question to asked him not me. 

Ive seen plenty this season that says we can finish top 2. We are 15 games in. Still 31 games to play. No.reason to panic for me. 

Happy with 6th? Of course not but the season hasnt finish yet..

Just now, RV Blue said:

Read again closely:

Its was a draw mate,no manager outclassed the other.

5 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

We aren't going up under Mowbray so why not roll the dice? Someone appointed Lambert, which was widely regarded as a great appointment at the time.

Archived