BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

what part deserves the potty mouth?if you don't mind me asking?i agree with the post.

Hmmmm, I don't know, maybe the part which states we are on course for a top 2 finish. Another on the wind up, well done.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think when someone like Grayson becomes available he just has to be considered if you actually want promotion even if your present guy is just under achieving rather than being an outright disaster.

Can't judge Grayson on a brief spell at a club in clear crisis it's just an error of judgement by both parties there but with 4 yes 4 promotions from this league in recent times at 3 clubs similar in size to us at present and one with an even bigger weight of expectation and infirm ownership it's a no brainer for me now.

Get him on standby and give Mowbray 3 games to step it up or step out.

3 games ??? 3 pm tomorrow is far long enough....Thats if the club are serious about promotion ? Another Bowyer situation the word is stability !

Ends in relegation too....

Just now, AAK said:

Hmmmm, I don't know, maybe the part which states we are on course for a top 2 finish. Another on the wind up, well done.

we are only 11 points away from 2nd and we have 30 games left aak

Just now, Waggy76 said:

3 games ??? 3 pm tomorrow is far long enough....Thats if the club are serious about promotion ? Another Bowyer situation the word is stability !

Ends in relegation too....

Well I agree but I was just trying to be kind to Mowbray, Grayson seems quite a stable manager as well so it really wouldn't be much of a risk. He'd have us up in a season or two if he's left alone to get on with it but I genuinely don't think Mowbray will it's just groundhog day league 1 style.

To me it's a sensible move not like the usual sack him when it's too late then fish around for the next ex SEM connected desperado.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

The reality is, we were short priced favourites to win this league at the start of the season and we've managed to slip to 11 points

off promotion after only 16 games.

Can i ask what betting shops have to do with the team?

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Very true but Mowbrays way , will never bring about a promotion ......

I hope it will,i have seen better games the more the season has gone on,its not bad vibes just yet mate.

11 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

we are only 11 points away from 2nd and we have 30 games left aak

and we've just won one in 5. At that rate we've got about 6 more wins in us. We should just about avoid relegation with that.

But we'll win our games in hand, but it's only October, but there's 30 games left, but we'll get better as we gel as a team.

It's all bollocks mate. This is as good as it gets under Mowbray. We may make the play-offs. Possibly.

35 minutes ago, AAK said:

Don't even think about comparing Sunderlands uninterested owner to the corruption at this club Parson, that's poor.

Personally think both clubs are in exactly the same situation.  Owners have come in without any knowledge or interest and are floundering.  Panic decision follows panic decision and the slide down the Leagues continues unabated.  Both clubs have a collection of overpaid and underperforming players.  Both clubs change managers at the drop of a hat but without addressing the real issue - which is the lack of direction from the boardroom and a lack of a management structure that is fit for purpose. 

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

and we've just won one in 5. At that rate we've got about 6 more wins in us. We should just about avoid relegation with that.

But we'll win our games in hand, but it's only October, but there's 30 games left, but we'll get better as we gel as a team.

It's all bollocks mate. This is as good as it gets under Mowbray. We may make the play-offs. Possibly.

Playoff wont be bad thought will it

I'm feeling dead bad after posting here today,i go to most games and think we are doing ok,but the chap above who sounds likes hes being sick aaaak is very angry,i dont get why?we are near the top not the bottom.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good home wins against Rotherham and MkDons. Plus picking very good away wins at Bradford and Scunthorpe. 

7 cleans sheets out of 15 games. 

I panic when we cant get top 2 or even top 6(if we have to do it this way)

Hell of alot of points to play for still, 1 bad run 1 good run it's a easy swing it can easily happen. I'm going to check the odds tomorrow (technically today) I think we'll be a good bet.

I think the vast majority of people who saw tonight's game would take Rosler over TM every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The performances of the 2 teams were like chalk and cheese. Fleetwood worked feverishly to close us down when we had the ball. When they had the ball we just dropped off 20 or 30  yards and let them come onto us.

As the erstwhile nodrog of this parish always used to say: "Hard work costs nowt."

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does D.Johnson even want to be a 1st team manager?

Rosler has never achieved promotion 

Grayson just be sacked by Sunderland. 

I dont mind watching Mowbray team but It will never be as good as Mark Hughes teams. But I aint expecting it too either. 

Our Style at Home is keep the ball, get the wide and cross the ball. Away.is abit too defensively for my likely. 

I know what my team would be for home and away games. Does Mowbray? Thats a question to asked him not me. 

Ive seen plenty this season that says we can finish top 2. We are 15 games in. Still 31 games to play. No.reason to panic for me. 

Happy with 6th? Of course not but the season hasnt finish yet..

You're on the wind up. No to Grayson as he's been sacked by Sunderland? The 4 promotions and getting PNE top half of the table counts for nothing. More success then TM has. (Not that you'll answer this as you don't when proved to be wrong.)

You cherrypick 5 games as proof we can be top 2. Ignoring the huge points gap already I'll give you a few games that say otherwise - Oldham, Plymouth and Fleetwood spring to mind.

Add in we're not getting better - 6 points from last 5 games - do you seriously think that's what top 2 form looks like, no consistent 11 and a pedestrian style of play and there's no room for confidence in TM

42 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

You're on the wind up. No to Grayson as he's been sacked by Sunderland? The 4 promotions and getting PNE top half of the table counts for nothing. More success then TM has. (Not that you'll answer this as you don't when proved to be wrong.)

Where did I say no to Grayson. Only said he just been sacked by Sunderland that all. So I suggest stop making stuff up. 

Do I think Grayson would come? Very much doubt it. Already been at one crazy club in Sunderland recently. Would he touch us with our ownership?

• Backroom
8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good home wins against Rotherham and MkDons. Plus picking very good away wins at Bradford and Scunthorpe. 

7 cleans sheets out of 15 games. 

I panic when we cant get top 2 or even top 6(if we have to do it this way)

So the time to consider change is when it's impossible for a new manager to make a difference this season?

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Season.hasnt finished yet. 

15 games.gone

Still 31 games to.go

No it ain’t.   Who is to say things won’t get worse rather than better.  If you and all the other apologists can’t read the script by now, perhaps it’s now time to seek counselling.

Where did I say no to Grayson. Only said he just been sacked by Sunderland that all. So I suggest stop making stuff up. 

Do I think Grayson would come? Very much doubt it. Already been at one crazy club in Sunderland recently. Would he touch us with our ownership?

Chaddy that clearly was the inference.

It was in a list of people with reasons why they wouldn't be suitable as manager/replacement - e.g. Rossler not won anything - so clearly the implication was no to Grayson as just been sacked.

As for would he come - he's worked for batnuts owners at Blackpool, Leeds and Sunderland. He clearly isn't put off by them.

I keep seeing this, I would have thought at the moment we would be a managers dream.

No board breathing down there neck, nobody to answer too, no pressure on them to deliver, pretty much keep the job for as long as they want without really doing anything, then get sacked out of the blue with a nice payoff to boot.

Plenty out there would be up for some of that I'm sure.

Archived