BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And always from certain client lists. Probably always will be whilst the Loons and friends remain in charge. Nobody of any stature would have touched Mowbray for a good while after his Coventry debacle, no one in England would have touched Coyle after his Houston mess and previous messes, Lambert wanted to get back into football but would have found it hard to get anything decent after a stint out and leaving under a cloud.

Yet Blackburn Rovers hand these guys two year contracts on thousands per week with guaranteed pay offs when otherwise most would have to work for a grand per week or less at some small established lower league outfit somewhere if they were lucky.

Sham.

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

I don't think Venky's have ever taken a manager from another team either, it's always been a freely available manager and in C*yle's case, desperate.

Cheap is the Venky way.

Wasn't Appleton at Blackpool?

He may be out of work again soon, wonder if it's time for his second stint?

"From seven games against the bottom 10 this season, Blackburn have taken just (seven) points. Their problem is not necessarily their performances against fellow big clubs, ex-Championship outfits and potential promotion contenders. Rather, it has been their displays against ex-League Two clubs who are looking over their shoulders and who perhaps see a game against Rovers as their cup final."

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/18th-october-2017/weekday-round-up-predictable-mowbray-the-whitney-debate-and-the-aspin-effect

16 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

"From seven games against the bottom 10 this season, Blackburn have taken just (seven) points. Their problem is not necessarily their performances against fellow big clubs, ex-Championship outfits and potential promotion contenders. Rather, it has been their displays against ex-League Two clubs who are looking over their shoulders and who perhaps see a game against Rovers as their cup final."

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/18th-october-2017/weekday-round-up-predictable-mowbray-the-whitney-debate-and-the-aspin-effect

I guess that backs up the panic mode mentality, I posted about in the Plymouth thread. We can win the tougher games, but when the expectation levels are high, we falter. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Don't think Tugay is the answer - would be terrible if his legendary status at Rovers was tarnished by a poor managerial spell.

Very much doubt we will ever get the managerial appointment right under current ownership.

Our best option might be by default ie Johnson promoted as a low cost option (in the eyes of our owners).  At least he would have the hunger and desire.

Couldn't be wider from the mark in my eyes Mercer, if you think giving a youth coach the reigns full time, in a @#/? or bust scenario, is the best option - then I'm glad you're nowhere near the board room of this club!

Just now, Biz said:

Couldn't be wider from the mark in my eyes Mercer, if you think giving a youth coach the reigns full time, in a @#/? or bust scenario, is the best option - then I'm glad you're nowhere near the board room of this club!

Do we even have a board room anymore?

The club is still a total basket case.

Other clubs must look at Rovers and wonder what the hell is going on.

Plymouth will have a playing budget of £750k ish which is wages, transfers everything. Rovers will be c.£8m excluding the academy.

Rovers spend £4million a year on the academy- for what? Joe Nuttal and the likes would be in the first team squad at every other club in the league. Yet we're spending money on Gladwin, Samual and Whittingham.

Gross mismanagement of funds at all levels.

13 hours ago, Tom said:

Already this season we have lost to teams currently in 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th and drawn at home with the club rock bottom.

Thats some going after 12 games!

Maybe it's time we stopped looking at how Wigan and Bradford are doing and start looking at wimbledon and Plymouth 

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I don't think Venky's have ever taken a manager from another team either, it's always been a freely available manager and in C*yle's case, desperate.

Cheap is the Venky way.

Appointing Coyle.: I am not sure if this was really about cheapness. Anyway, it certainly delivered a predictable outcome. Hmmm.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Appointing Coyle.: I am not sure if this was really about cheapness. Anyway, it certainly delivered a predictable outcome. Hmmm.

Imagine the damage you could do, if you were certain of the outcome!

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The problem for mowbray is we are limping in 10th place. I think if we were in the play offs at least,fans wouldn't be reacting like this 

We would be if we won 1 of the 2 games in hand which is very possible it can't be helped due to the fixtures being rescheduled that we haven't had the opportunity & are lagging behind granted, we haven't given ourselves a opportunity at this moment in time with the games that I've been played to be sitting within the top 6.

31 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

We would be if we won 1 of the 2 games in hand which is very possible it can't be helped due to the fixtures being rescheduled that we haven't had the opportunity & are lagging behind granted, we haven't given ourselves a opportunity at this moment in time with the games that I've been played to be sitting within the top 6.

if we can't beat the bottom club at home, why should we expect to win our games in hand? Aren't we just heading for more disappointment?

The hong kong betting market rumours have been swirling in certain circles for years and I think a lot of stinks in football emit from that way. Love a bet these Indian playboys  and their circles of very dodgy friends.

How many left field 30-1 shot managers have we had again ???????

I don't think that's why they acquired the club but I think it's a nice little side line to have some fun with for yourselves and your own personal back pockets whilst the corporation profits flow through the club to avoid tax or whatever.

51 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Yes, I heard it was Hong Kong too...

I am wondering what the odds were for Rovers to go down.How would you manage to gett so much money on?

Would you have to set different servants to put large bets on...so it couldn't be traced?

When I heard, I couldn't thinking back to Glen Mullan's email from Shebby about people trying to get us relegated...now I can't help thinking about  Balajhi and Ting- Tong Lol

8-1 I seem to recall to go down and 12-1 to finish rock bottom which did look possible at times.

Archived