SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluefred said:

If he cares how the fans feel , he should walk in the hope we can get someone 

to get us back on track for the chance of promotion.

A lot of fans think he is great though,you only have to look in the comment section in the telegraph  to see that.

Mowbray talks the talk and when he first joined I found his openness with the fan Base refreshing but recently he has been talking absolute drivel.Tactically very poor,I can see why things havent worked out for him in his previous jobs.The guy should not have got the job in the first place,after his spell at Coventry he shouldn't have been in the reckoning.At any other club he would be getting sacked,I just don't see it happening with Venkys 

Just now, islander200 said:

A lot of fans think he is great though,you only have to look in the comment section in the telegraph  to see that.

Mowbray talks the talk and when he first joined I found his openness with the fan Base refreshing but recently he has been talking absolute drivel.Tactically very poor,I can see why things havent worked out for him in his previous jobs.The guy should not have got the job in the first place,after his spell at Coventry he shouldn't have been in the reckoning.At any other club he would be getting sacked,I just don't see it happening with Venkys 

Sad to say but I think your spot on .

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

There have been posters on here complaining after wins. 

Like when Ke*n had us near the top of the Championship in the first months after we were relegated from the Premier League.

And the reasons are the same. We knew then and we know now that the standard of performance, with a few exceptions, were nowhere near good enough to get us where we needed to be. Its all about context and realism.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I did think tbat postponining either of the games was a big mistake. Was always likely to leave us performing catch up even if wee were doing well and pile even more pressure on if we had a couple of slip ups which as it turns out  we have had.

Yep you can bet the timing of the rearranged fixtures will land when we don't want them because of injuries or a congested schedule. Fair enough away at Blackpool but Fleetwood at home a few weeks into the season is a cop out imo and gives TM more ammunition for excuse making etc.

A point or 3 in the bag now from that game would make things look a little rosier.

On 16/10/2017 at 15:18, Gav said:

Come off it Simon, we're 3 points of the playoffs its bonkers to be even thinking of a new manager.

We are now 2 points off the play-offs yet it feels further and further away.

We have a decent squad and a manager fearful of every opponent. It really is like Bowyer all over again.

I'd go as far as to say we will not win any of the 2 games in hand. We may get a point. So where we are is where we will stay. Listless and rudderless.

Bad news for the fantasy island element of the fanbase.

I see the party line excuse is now "we are X points off the playoffs" when we should be aiming for top 2 all day long.

WE ARE TWELVE POINTS OFF OUR MINIMUM EXPECTED TARGET

Tony Mowbray is showing why he made a dogs breakfast at Coventry

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Absolutely not. 

How short some of our memories are. 

Mowbray has restored some stability to the club. Turned the focus to what is happening on the pitch and we're managing to avoid major distractions off it. 

We can't just keep sacking managers every 6 months. It's becoming a joke, and the attitude of some of the supporters on here is laughable. 

We need a period of stability. To give a manager a full season or two in charge. To let him really put a team together, to implement a plan that can be seen through, and to give the players a bit more belief. 

Things haven't been amazing to start with, but they haven't been terrible either. I would have been very happy if you had offered me our current position back in July. I would have seen it as a good foundation for a season challenging for automatic promotion. Nothing I have seen has made me think that this is not possible. 

I'm sorry does it say arte et labore or stability on the badge. 

43 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I'd go as far as to say we will not win any of the 2 games in hand. We may get a point. So where we are is where we will stay. Listless and rudderless.

Bad news for the fantasy island element of the fanbase.

I see the party line excuse is now "we are X points off the playoffs" when we should be aiming for top 2 all day long.

WE ARE TWELVE POINTS OFF OUR MINIMUM EXPECTED TARGET

Tony Mowbray is showing why he made a dogs breakfast at Coventry

We need 20pts from the next 8 games to achieve the target for promotion. ie 2pts per game.

• Backroom

Already this season we have lost to teams currently in 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th and drawn at home with the club rock bottom.

Thats some going after 12 games!

Futile while the scumdogs are here. There will always be a desparado like mowbary, coyle, kean waiting in the wings. Until the scummers have gone, rovers wont be going anywhere anytime soon. Focus should be on getting them out but too many fans have no backbone

If promotion is the aim this season i'm now fairly certain we wont achieve it under TM. I'd say it must even be debatable if we can secure a play off place under him.

If it was down to me and I had the money I'd pay Lincoln whatever is necessary to get the Cowley brothers and their backroom team in situ prior to Saturday's game.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If promotion is the aim this season i'm now fairly certain we wont achieve it under TM. I'd say it must even be debatable if we can secure a play off place under him.

If it was down to me and I had the money I'd pay Lincoln whatever is necessary to get the Cowley brothers and their backroom team in situ prior to Saturday's game.

I said after attending Saturday's " no show " at Oldham we could forget any thoughts of promotion. This group of players are nowhere near good enough. I get the feeling that they're not playing for Mowbray anymore. There's only one way out of that situation.

Don't think Tugay is the answer - would be terrible if his legendary status at Rovers was tarnished by a poor managerial spell.

Very much doubt we will ever get the managerial appointment right under current ownership.

Our best option might be by default ie Johnson promoted as a low cost option (in the eyes of our owners).  At least he would have the hunger and desire.

Archived