SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Expectations

Kamy100

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tony Rover said:

No need to debate this really, promotion has to be everything. Doesn't matter which sh## stain is running the show. If we don't go up this season then we're fooked!  

NAPM v I won't let Venky's ruin my enjoyment of following Rovers. 

It's been done to death. Don't worry though, the crowds will return if we have a good season and are challenging at the top.

13 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's been done to death. Don't worry though, the crowds will return if we have a good season and are challenging at the top.

I'd actually be surprised if this is the case being league one.

if it where the championship and the prospect of a return to the big time, crowds would roll back.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Absolutely nothing to suggest we will ever see any success under the rats from Pune and after awful defeats to both Southend and Donny Rovers things don't bode well.

Its strange how a couple of wins can change the entire mood of the messageboard, but I think I'll stick with my closed season prediction, we'll not go up and if thats the case I'd rather we didn't make the play offs either.

Hope I'm wrong though.

While the bit in bold is absolutely correct, it must also be tempered with a gritty away win at promotion-contender  (Bradford) and beating MK Dons 4-1 without even playing that well.

I think we'll get into the playoffs relatively easily, but the extra spur must come from Mowbray to get us up into the top 2.

I genuinely believe our current squad is stronger than the one relegated last season. Just need to hope we shine through.

It is very hard to tell. Going to Rochdale will be a big test for the boys. Two wins in a row let's hope they don't get too complacent. Beat Rochdale away from home next day out and that will start to harden them up. Games like that will be tough for them. 7 points off the top with a game in hand. Lot of work to do. Am only goin to take it game by game. Watched the highlights of Rochdale's 0-0 away draw with Southend. They played 40 min with ten men and held on. Good result for them. They will be tough at Spotland. Win there gets us closer to the top where we want to be. ????

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Aye all 20+ thousand of em... 

NAPM

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

I didn't know we were missing 20k fans

Ever pedantic. You know full well what gates we had before your they turned up. Don't be bitter towards those with the sense to @#/? them off. 

17 minutes ago, Neal said:

Ever pedantic. You know full well what gates we had before your they turned up. Don't be bitter towards those with the sense to @#/? them off. 

Ever aggressive. I'm not bitter about anything. Still enjoy going to Ewood. The Venksters haven't ruined that for me. You, on the other hand, seem increasingly bitter.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ever aggressive. I'm not bitter about anything. Still enjoy going to Ewood. The Venksters haven't ruined that for me. You, on the other hand, seem increasingly bitter.

I'm bitter. Shame I can't go but I sleep easier. 

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Might be a very long time before you see Rovers play then, can't see Venkys leaving anytime soon. I've said before that this season I'm just going to try and concentrate on the football side of things. If it wasn't for my son wanting to go to games then I might of took your stance. If we lose a whole generation of young Rovers support then things will really look bleak in the years to come. 

1 hour ago, Tony Rover said:

Might be a very long time before you see Rovers play then, can't see Venkys leaving anytime soon. I've said before that this season I'm just going to try and concentrate on the football side of things. If it wasn't for my son wanting to go to games then I might of took your stance. If we lose a whole generation of young Rovers support then things will really look bleak in the years to come. 

I still go.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Have you spent your season ticket money on sleeping pills?

BTW, when did you start 'boycotting'?

No, I have got into boxing and go there every few months instead. What can I say, I just love corruption.

I'm not boycotting, I'm just not going to games which fund the club. BRFC receive nothing from league away games so I'll be at Rochdale next week. But Ewood? Not since they extended Keans contract behind everyone's back. I was almost done over by them hiring Lambert but I didn't fall for it. 

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I still go.

You were boycotting also then changed your mind, so the Pune rats did spoil it for you, then you had an epiphany and returned, nothing wrong with that by the way, but the constant infighting does nothing but divide us all even further, sad really.

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Agressive? Jeez, you must be a gentle soul. Bitter? I've been bitter about them since they walked through the door, i'm not sweetened by a few 100k spent here and there. This debate isn't about you or I anyway, it was about your inaccurate, specualtive, wise arse comment about boycotting fans. 

17 minutes ago, Neal said:

Agressive? Jeez, you must be a gentle soul. Bitter? I've been bitter about them since they walked through the door, i'm not sweetened by a few 100k spent here and there. This debate isn't about you or I anyway, it was about your inaccurate, specualtive, wise arse comment about boycotting fans. 

Does this stuff just happen in your head or can you quote it?

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Well you hear wrong, it isn't the first time and won't be the last I'm sure :tu:

We could start a whole new debate on the merits of stopping going because Coyle was manager, the football was cr@p or the beer was warm, you'd be better sticking with the Venky line, thats far more credible in most peoples books than just giving up because Coyle was manager, what kind of supporters are you :D

Now if you'd said because King Rat was manager then we'd be talking!

I don't have to stick with any line, that's the beauty of being flexible in both mind and body:) 

On the other site, where you're definitely not a regular(:rolleyes:), the boycotter-in-chief (self-appointed) only stopped going when Lambert did the 'hounourable' thing and walked (AKA thinking he was getting the Celtic job). Imagine stopping going because you love a really shyte manager, and then trying to take the moral high ground with people who still :D. Now that's funny!!

The retention of Kean after he'd relegated us was the signal for me that something was seiously wrong with the running of the Club. After that I withdrew my financial support. I wavered slightly when Lambert and co were appointed but I still boycotted. When they appointed Coyle that was the final straw for me. I baled out of this site for a long while and had nothing to do with any sort of football at all. I felt better for it.

I sort of got interested again when Coyle was fired. I'll be at Rochdale on Saturday and other reasonably attendable games in future but no more money in Venkies pockets.

17 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Quoted.

Basically you're saying there that fans with the NAPM stance are that fickle that a few results with us challenging at the top of league 1 will see them come back. Despite the past 7 years. 

At least we walked away out of principal due to the treatment of the club under Venkys and not because another @#/? mercanary manager that wasn't winning games. 

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Quoted.

Basically you're saying there that fans with the NAPM stance are that fickle that a few results with us challenging at the top of league 1 will see them come back. Despite the past 7 years. 

At least we walked away out of principal due to the treatment of the club under Venkys and not because another @#/? mercanary manager that wasn't winning games. 

You've put 2 and 2 together there and come up with nonsense. I just said that crowds will return if we're doing well, which they will, like they do everywhere else. The NAPM v attenders was a separate point on a separate line.

As for your point about walking away on 'principal' (sic),well, you're showing your true colours at last. You arrogantly assume you hold some kind of moral high ground because you've stopped going. Newsflash! You don't. Nobody gives a shyte. And you've unintentionally insulted one of your 'own' too. A prominent NAPM'er was very happy to let everyone know he's stopped stopping going just because Lambert left. Pah! Where were his principles?!

Anyway, try not to jump in with both feet next time if you're not sure of the meaning of what you're reading.

I do dream of one day watching Rovers with 20-30,000 but I must admit even if one day we find our way back to the premier league I don't think our crowds will be the same ever again. I reckon we've lost a few thousand fans for good. Sadly the longer it goes on we will potentially lose kids and grandkids to the likes of citeh as well. 

It's perhaps a contradiction but I consider myself to be both a not a penny more bloke and I won't let the Venkys drive me away bloke. I won't go into Ewood Park under any circumstances while the Venkys are here so technically they have driven me away to a point. But providing there is a club left, the following home game after they are no longer here I shall be back whether that's in the championship, conference, unibond or north west counties. May take 10 20 30 years but one day I will be back. I'm not a lost fan but I wonder how many fans have given up for all except a Man U/Liverpool game. 

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I don't have to stick with any line, that's the beauty of being flexible in both mind and body:) 

On the other site, where you're definitely not a regular(:rolleyes:), the boycotter-in-chief (self-appointed) only stopped going when Lambert did the 'hounourable' thing and walked (AKA thinking he was getting the Celtic job). Imagine stopping going because you love a really shyte manager, and then trying to take the moral high ground with people who still :D. Now that's funny!!

Not sure what other sites have to do with this debate? But you keep referring to the 7 billion or so that don't post on here if it makes you feel better bb.

But I hope you don't mind me calling you out slightly for slagging off the boycotters, when after supporting the club through the lean times you walked because of Owen Coyle :lol:

Get a backbone man, glad you went back though, we need more fans like you.

Archived