Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters Meetings

MCMC1875

35 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

You know bloody well already.

Clue: a bit of effort and concern about the future of Rovers

Clearly I dont. 

Thats why i asked question. 

If you want new people to get involved then let them ask questions and see whether I and others want to. 

I have plenty of things going on in my private life and majorly busy at work so thats the attitude of people I leave alone and focus on other things. Plenty of things to keep me busy. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Im asking what involved and the point in the meetings? Surely every meetings need an agenda and talking points? 

Where would these meetings happened if they went ahead

chaddyrovers Location:Blackburn you say.

There were two meetings a month last season from October to June at Ewood Park WMC. Every meeting was advertised on here, each one had an agenda and minutes were taken. As far as I know you never came to one meeting.

Busy at work? Don't give me that, you're on here every five minutes.

14 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

chaddyrovers Location:Blackburn you say.

There were two meetings a month last season from October to June at Ewood Park WMC. Every meeting was advertised on here, each one had an agenda and minutes were taken. As far as I know you never came to one meeting.

Busy at work? Don't give me that, you're on here every five minutes!!

I work nights and 12 hours shifts. 

work has to come 1st. 

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, I'm sure any of us that really wanted to go could make time.

These meetings most likely wouldn't last more than a couple of hours I imagine.....

all depends what people have had going on in their private life in the past 6 months or so. maybe some people have more important things going on than you even know

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

all depends what people have had going on in their private life in the past 6 months or so. maybe some people have more important things going on than you even know

Well yeah, but broadly, most people could free up a couple of hours for a meeting with enough notice, was my point.

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

He has enough time to make over 14,000 posts!

His time management is on him tbh mate. I can't be bothered using logic and reason any more.

11 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

He has enough time to make over 14,000 posts!

Just now, K-Hod said:

His time management is on him tbh mate. I can't be bothered using logic and reason any more.

Would we say this about someone on the other side of the globe, miles away, and do we just assume that people are the same able bodied, blessed with time and able to afford the extra travel? 

Perhaps giving the rationale, agenda, end goal and starting points for the meeting might encourage others to join in? Rather than the traditional BRFCS line of "if Chaddy posted it, its worth arguing with"

It might seem obvious to you MCMC- but as Jal points out, there are a handful of groups, lobby's, forums, the trust, community's etc - not just the one. Is this meeting just general supporters? Is it those who wish to protest the owners? Is it W.a.r? 

I ask because I might get involved, not just because the Ewood WMC has Theakston's bitter on tap..

5 hours ago, Biz said:

Would we say this about someone on the other side of the globe, miles away, and do we just assume that people are the same able bodied, blessed with time and able to afford the extra travel? 

Perhaps giving the rationale, agenda, end goal and starting points for the meeting might encourage others to join in? Rather than the traditional BRFCS line of "if Chaddy posted it, its worth arguing with"

It might seem obvious to you MCMC- but as Jal points out, there are a handful of groups, lobby's, forums, the trust, community's etc - not just the one. Is this meeting just general supporters? Is it those who wish to protest the owners? Is it W.a.r? 

I ask because I might get involved, not just because the Ewood WMC has Theakston's bitter on tap..

Biz, these meetings have been open to all from the outset, with each one advertised on BRFCS and TheRovers Facebook group (currently over 11,000 members). The Lancs Telegraph's Rich Sharpe attended one.

• Backroom

They are just open meetings which discuss happenings at Rovers and I'd any fan action is appropriate. Ideas are banded about and we have a laugh sometimes.

These meetings led to at least 3 decent protests, the Jack Walker banner on F&H, and the venkysout.com site.

I tried to attend every meeting that I could simply to see what happens and offer my support. WMC meetings usually had representation (unofficial) from all well-known Rovers groups; namely this site, Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, and the Fans Forum. As mentioned above, Rich Sharpe attended one and I got the feeling he'd be interested in coming to future meetings too.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Another one lost to the dark side. "I'm not a conspiracy theorist but....":)

Lost me on that BB

Anyway, thanks Mc, Mike - I do recall them just can't exactly remember if it was a particular group - there are so many! 

18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

They are just open meetings which discuss happenings at Rovers and I'd any fan action is appropriate. Ideas are banded about and we have a laugh sometimes.

These meetings led to at least 3 decent protests, the Jack Walker banner on F&H, and the venkysout.com site.

I tried to attend every meeting that I could simply to see what happens and offer my support. WMC meetings usually had representation (unofficial) from all well-known Rovers groups; namely this site, Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, and the Fans Forum. As mentioned above, Rich Sharpe attended one and I got the feeling he'd be interested in coming to future meetings too.

Thanks Mike. Someone who has explained what the meetings are about, which groups attend and what happened since these meetings started up. 

Been after this all day from someone

5 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

so keep yourself out of this thread then

Troll !

Go back to posting your BS which is wrong most of the time. No money to spend but we did, Elton John concert wouldnt happen but it did, no key players sold, and we signed 3 players on deadline day after you said we wouldnt. 

Archived