BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott the Barnet FA Cup tie

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Suhail Slayer said:

As I understand it, the betting was regarding the "agreed" appointment of odds on favourite Warnock as manager, before Coyle was flown in from nowhere to defy the odds and land "someone" a pretty packet.

Managerial appointments and betting by proxy to make a Hong Kong Dollar.

Balaji has to get his money back somehow but it won't be from me !

Again, nobody is laying substantial bets to land someone a "pretty packet" on the "Next Blackburn manager" market.  Bookies aren't that stupid.

The illegal betting market in the far East is huge and that is why yet again, only this week, we have seen a Pakistan cricketer approached to fix a match. I posted last week, about a friendly match that cots the bookmakers a packet and the match never even took place! If this can happen, believe me, anything is possible. For the doubters, explain that one.

I have placed a link to the article and pasted below an extract. If anyone truly believes that given what we already know about our Owners, that a betting scandal is too far fetched, then fine. I know how I feel about it though.

The newest weapon in the armoury of the match-fixer, a ghost game is a fictitious fixture designed to defraud bookmakers and rip off honest punters as part of a global betting market in which £90 billion is laundered annually.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/11421732/Revealed-the-ghost-game-bet-on-around-the-world...that-never-actually-took-place.html

Maybe the rest of them do throw straight dice but bling is as dodgy as they come he's a ducker and diver playboy who keeps odd company and leads an oddball life. That's before you take into account all the other snouts in the trough and fingers in the pies.

He's the one with most interest in the club allegedly and probably the biggest influence on anything outside of the top end finances signed off by sis and hubby. They probably cock a deaf un to everything else if it keeps him occupied, it's his toy.

Far from being a driving force at Rovers held back by the rest imo he's the bad egg and always has been !

Just now, tomphil said:

Maybe the rest of them do throw straight dice but bling is as dodgy as they come he's a ducker and diver playboy who keeps odd company and leads an oddball life. That's before you take into account all the other snouts in the trough and fingers in the pies.

He's the one with most interest in the club allegedly and probably the biggest influence on anything outside of the top end finances signed off by sis and hubby. They probably cock a deaf un to everything else if it keeps him occupied, it's his toy.

Far from being a driving force at Rovers held back by the rest imo he's the bad egg and always has been !

I  remember an article, saying how so many of Jerome Anderson's contacts seemed to be people with shady pasts.....

And this guy is not just a bad egg..he is salmonella...

5 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

It's not Suhail wandering into Ladbrokes with a tenner.

Far East betting and big sums of freshly washed rupees

It's unlikely to affect you if you keep your head buried safely in the sand.

Don't get me wrong. This lot are as crooked, dodgy, bent and evil as they come. The sooner they bugger off the better.

Its just nobody is laying Owen Coyle to be the next Rovers manager for a million bucks. 

Not in Ladbrokes, not on any exchange, not even in the Far East.

As I mentioned on the other thread, these bookies are illegal, not stupid. 

50 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Don't get me wrong. This lot are as crooked, dodgy, bent and evil as they come. The sooner they bugger off the better.

Its just nobody is laying Owen Coyle to be the next Rovers manager for a million bucks. 

Not in Ladbrokes, not on any exchange, not even in the Far East.

As I mentioned on the other thread, these bookies are illegal, not stupid. 

You're probably right.

Though in some ways I think I'd prefer it if the Coyle appointment was all to do with making money on the side through dodgy betting. At least that would be a logical explanation. Dodgy, but at least we'd know what it was all about.

The alternative is that Coyle was appointed over Warnock either because the person running the show (whoever that might be) is absolutely clueless and unfit for purpose, actually enjoys heaping misery and antagonizing the fans, or has agent friends to keep happy.

Whichever one it is it isn't good for BRFC. Trouble is that the people responsible are still here pretending as though it never happened whilst another few million has gone out on wages/pay offs and we're another league down whilst a good bloke is left to pick up the pieces for a few years until another 'friend' arrives on the scene.

It doesn't have to be millions though I think some are missing the point by assuming just because it's not able to be done like that it can't be happening. If it is it's likely to be far less, far more frequent and a nice bit of regular back pocket spending money for a few people.

No doubts at the top end the parent company covers the annual losses, probably largely via debt, in an accounting tool kind of way. This would be chicken feed compared to that but a nice little sideline for some. When you spend money like water you can never have enough particularly when you don't have the keys to the family vault yourself.

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

What if it was a bet to be relegated rather than Coyle's appointment?

Then they got very lucky that both Forest and Bristol City won on the last day, Huddersfield played their reserves, we failed to beat Wolves and went down on goal difference.

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

It doesn't have to be millions though I think some are missing the point by assuming just because it's not able to be done like that it can't be happening. If it is it's likely to be far less, far more frequent and a nice bit of regular back pocket spending money for a few people.

I can't deny it's possible they could have took a few grand if they wanted to. However If Balaji and co. really are appointing managers at Ewood solely so they can pocket £3k or £4K then, well, jeez.

They didn't appoint Coyle just to win a few grand.  I still think it's more likely that they have 'advisors' within the game who tipped them off to appoint Coyle.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Then they got very lucky that both Forest and Bristol City won on the last day, Huddersfield played their reserves, we failed to beat Wolves and went down on goal difference.

I can't deny it's possible they could have took a few grand if they wanted to. However If Balaji and co. really are appointing managers at Ewood solely so they can pocket £3k or £4K then, well, jeez.

They didn't appoint Coyle just to win a few grand.  I still think it's more likely that they have 'advisors' within the game who tipped them off to appoint Coyle.

Yeah I agree i'm just saying I suspect they might just take advantage of the situation seeing as it's a toy to them. The 'advisors' line is number one suspect in my book but they'll like long odds guys as well.

Along with 'He once got a club promoted, he's cheap, he's one of ours, he'll do as he's told.... oh and he' 30-1' ;)

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

No doubts at the top end the parent company covers the annual losses, probably largely via debt, in an accounting tool kind of way. This would be chicken feed compared to that but a nice little sideline for some. When you spend money like water you can never have enough particularly when you don't have the keys to the family vault yourself.

Its almost impossible for anyone to tell, what each member of the family is being paid from the club, not to mention other people, who may well have an interest. When you look at the Income from transfers, the TV money and other revenues, it is hard to fathom, the level of debt. If they are doing okay out of it with their Income and they have a nice little earner every now and then too, who knows?

For the people who have read Glen Mullan's blog, think about the global eleven fund and for those who haven't read it, have a look, as this is almost certainly accurate.

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:40, nathan_rovers1 said:

Is this topic a joke? 

That depends on your point of view.

If you think that Rovers’ continued spiral into further debt and eventual oblivion under Venky’s is funny then you can take it as being a joke.

If you want to try and contribute in some small way towards persuading them to sell the club then it is completely serious.

This season my end up being very enjoyable and may, hopefully, result in promotion BUT that does not change the perilous situation that the club is in or the effect that Venky’s ownership is having on local businesses etc.

I know that we, as ‘mere’ fans, cannot do much to influence these matters but we can at least try.

If some people think it is a joke then fair enough

22 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

If you think that Rovers’ continued spiral into further debt and eventual oblivion under Venky’s is funny then you can take it as being a joke.

If you want to try and contribute in some small way towards persuading them to sell the club then it is completely serious.

This season my end up being very enjoyable and may, hopefully, result in promotion BUT that does not change the perilous situation that the club is in or the effect that Venky’s ownership is having on local businesses etc.

I know that we, as ‘mere’ fans, cannot do much to influence these matters but we can at least try.

I know some Burnley fans think it is funny, although to be fair, most recognise the fact that the very future of the club is very perilous. Hopefully we will somehow survive, but if not, for those who have fought hard to expose the clubs situation, at least you can say you did your best. I know some people take the view, I will just go to the games and ignore things I can't influence and that's their prerogative.

19 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I more meant that a game that is likely to attract less than 5k to the gate, would anyone even notice a boycott? A boycott is useless unless it is continuous and done over a substantive period of time. The reality is, is that this will not happen. 

4 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I more meant that a game that is likely to attract less than 5k to the gate, would anyone even notice a boycott? A boycott is useless unless it is continuous and done over a substantive period of time. The reality is, is that this will not happen. 

I believe a boycott is more likely to happen at a game like this than any other game with more interest. We have less people to persuade.

If we did achieve a zero home crowd, no tickets sold at all,  it would be noticed as a one off statement of dissatisfaction which would reach the owners. you never know, it just might make them think about things.

Many people say it will never happen which is a self fulfilling prophecy. Never say never. One day things will come to a head. 

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

I believe a boycott is more likely to happen at a game like this than any other game with more interest. We have less people to persuade.

If we did achieve a zero home crowd, no tickets sold at all,  it would be noticed as a one off statement of dissatisfaction which would reach the owners. you never know, it just might make them think about things.

Many people say it will never happen which is a self fulfilling prophecy. Never say never. One day things will come to a head. 

I do not think you will ever be able to achieve a zero gate at a Blackburn Rovers game, if that were going to happen it would of happened in the height of the protests a few years ago. Will things come to a head, probably they will. Venkys can not keep refinancing shares as the debt it is ultimately does not work. Do they care? I am not so sure, the only reason they have not sold the club is because the assets is not worth now considerably less that it used to be. I think they will hold it for some time hoping for a return to a decent level of football and then decided to sell us to an investor. 

I don't think it is a self fulfilling prophecy at all, I think realism and logic is quite a prominent factor in my thinking.

I went to get our tickets today. Shocked to discoverer the JWL were we sit is going to be away support. We can’t move to the other side of the JWL as that is Family Stand only. That leaves one half of the JWU or the BBE to chose from. 

Looks like three-quarters of the ground will be closed. 

Archived