BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dyche

12 hours ago, meadows said:

Still, four pages and 96 replies in (twice as many as the Wigan preview has) its good to know that ’they’re still obsessed with us’ 

Do you take pleasure in having a go at Rovers fans? Seems as though you (and those you attend with whose opinion unerringly matches yours) have some kind of superiority complex. 

In my opinion, the vast majority of posts on this thread seem to be pretty well reasoned thoughts of football fans, on a topic regarding a local rival, rather than a 'obsession / hatred' type of post you are insinuating. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I wouldn't say a discussion regarding a manager and his potential move makes us "obsessed" with them by any means. It's the first time in my memory a topic remotely relating to Burnley has come up on here in a long while.

I'd say a football messageboard is as good as any to discuss the potential moves of a manager local to us. 

Far too sensible a post and will not meet other blog 'Copy & Paste' (sub) standards.

2 hours ago, meadows said:

i’m quite happy to listen to any counter arguments or theories that don’t characterise disagreement as ‘having a go at Rovers fans’ and even happier to agree to disagree with my good pal JH when we meet at the Under 23s where we are quite capable of taking polar opposite views without taking umbrage with one another 

My attendance on Monday is in doubt as some incompetent secretary scheduled the cricket club AGM to clash with a Rovers Under 23 fixture.

12 hours ago, meadows said:

I’m not sure that posts claiming ‘most fans don’t enjoy Burnley’s playing style’ are any more reasoned, researched or based on anything but sheer rivalry -and yes in many cases obsession:hatred -than  claims that we ‘bought the title’

I’m pretty confident most neutral fans are happy to see them occasionally pull off a great result against a top team and don’t consider their playing style any more objectionable than, say, Stoke or West Brom - Just as they were when we bloodied the nose of a giant in our early PL days or under Hughes, Allardyce etc

i’m quite happy to listen to any counter arguments or theories that don’t characterise disagreement as ‘having a go at Rovers fans’ and even happier to agree to disagree with my good pal JH when we meet at the Under 23s where we are quite capable of taking polar opposite views without taking umbrage with one another 

I’d also be fascinated to learn who ‘ the people I attend with’ whose ‘superiority complex’ views I share are?  So far as I know neither of my daughters has expressed any opinions in public nor my neighbour Dave who  sits with us. 

Riversider 23 is a long time pal who occasionally writes the column. I’d be interested to see any examples that justify labelling his views as characterised by a ‘superiority complex’

Or is it just possible that you’re ‘having a go at  other Rovers fans’ whose worldview doesn’t chime exactly in pitch and time to your own? 

I'm not having a go at other Rovers fans though. Your Twitter and messageboard posting history shows your thoughts on protesters (as an example).

I see you are up to your old tricks of taking posts off the message board and posting them on Twitter too. To what end? Please desist as you have no permission to post my views on Twitter. 

11 minutes ago, meadows said:

I’m afraid they aren’t Baz. If you’d like to explain how you think they are go ahead. 

Up until the most recent board update a couple of weeks ago, there was a message at the bottom of each message board page stating so.

1 minute ago, meadows said:

It’s nonsense. For something to be copyrighted YOU HAVE TO COPYRIGHT it in the first place. 

A silly article by someone on the internet doesn’t alter that.  

Try again.

Copyright is automatically granted, there is no record of copyrighted material in the UK. 

(Apologies to anyone who wants to discuss the topic.) 

Just now, meadows said:

Back to the topic then Baz. Remind who those people who i attend games with who have a ‘superiority complex’ are. 

Youve had all day and ignored the question so as you’re keen to return to the subject illuminate us. 

Some of us may not be logged on the site all day.

Just now, meadows said:

There never has been. But to claim something is copyrighted you have to take the trouble to copyright it. Some fans forum on the internet which has no grasp of law can’t do that on your behalf with a half-assed ridér.  Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to quotes one post in another. Come to one of my ‘Journalism and the Law’ lectures if still confused or invest in the current edition of McNae’s definitive guide if doubt persists. 

You may want to brush up on your knowledge of the law. You wouldn't want to be schooled by a nobody on some fans forum. 

Just now, meadows said:

And you might want to actually read thoroughly The magic copyright article you pulled off the internet which clearly refers solely to images created on social media. Always read the copy before starting to impose your own fanciful interpretations of it. 

As I often tell kids before exams, read the question & make sure you’re answering it rather than answering the question you wanted to read. 

Getting late in the day though and you’ve been in for an hour or two, any more thoughts on those I attend games with? Or just avoiding the subject?

We've discussed it enough, I have asked you to not put any of my posts on Twitter. Please consider the rest of this conversation if you persist, as you cannot say you are now unaware. I'd ask that the site owners re-clarify the position, and if they would be so courteous to unhide a previous (now apparently hidden) post where I specifically state my position on copyright, and the charges I levy for use on social media.

On those you attend games with who's opinion matches yours, as they only appear in the text of your Twitter and message board posts, I couldn't say for certain if they are real or imaginary. If I can be bothered, and have time, I'll find you examples over the weekend.

31 minutes ago, meadows said:

And you might want to actually read thoroughly The magic copyright article you pulled off the internet which clearly refers solely to images created on social media. Always read the copy before starting to impose your own fanciful interpretations of it. 

As I often tell kids before exams, read the question & make sure you’re answering it rather than answering the question you wanted to read. 

Getting late in the day though and you’ve been in for an hour or two, any more thoughts on those I attend games with? Or just avoiding the subject?

I have tried.

15 hours ago, meadows said:

By saying they all suffer from a ‘superiority complex’ You are by your own very flimsy definition  ‘having a go at a section of Rovers fans’

Talking about this superiority complex, I think most Rovers fans naturally have it - I know I do! I don't really care, though - we won the Premier League, which is becoming an ever-increasing achievement for us, and we've had some absolute top class players pull on the shirt - players that B*rnley can only dream of. Given what the game is today, they have to accept paying £15m for... Chris Wood and Robbie Brady. :lol:

Still, the superiority complex doesn't help us in our current situation, and when Venkys and the mismanagement of the club disappears (which it will), I have belief that we can get back to where we once were. It will take years, but the club still has it in it.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:51, Phil T said:

Talking about this superiority complex, I think most Rovers fans naturally have it - I know I do! I don't really care, though - we won the Premier League, which is becoming an ever-increasing achievement for us, and we've had some absolute top class players pull on the shirt - players that B*rnley can only dream of. Given what the game is today, they have to accept paying £15m for... Chris Wood and Robbie Brady. :lol:

Still, the superiority complex doesn't help us in our current situation, and when Venkys and the mismanagement of the club disappears (which it will), I have belief that we can get back to where we once were. It will take years, but the club still has it in it.

Come on, they are 7th and flying it. Lets me honest here. They have a very good, hardworking squad. When you compare what the likes of Everton and others wasted on shite. Brady and Wood are serious bargains. No team in the league would fancy playing them.

Our biggest hope is that Everton go after Dyche hard and Burnley feck up their next appointment. Otherwise they are in for a very good season. 

On 28/10/2017 at 11:51, Phil T said:

. Given what the game is today, they have to accept paying £15m for... Chris Wood and Robbie Brady. :lol:

He's spent £35mill in 5 yrs currently sitting in 7th surrounded by teams that have spent ten times that. I think Dyche will go Everton as he will never get the chance of a big club again he needs the job and Everton need his tactics. At Burnley he's more at risk of it going wrong because his players are all playing well together and nicking games 1-0 but next season with a few injuries or players leaving could easy be 0-1's and Dyche seems like a manager that doesnt have a plan B approach. Certainly  with his players he cant go out playing attacking football. He will set Everton up the same way but in Everton he has those players with better quality to unlock defenses and turn those 1-0 tactics to 2-0's.

Lets be honest the old cliché of taking them as far as he could is spot on.

It also shows what a load of overrated old bollocks the PL is (and always has been) when you get beyond the really big spenders in the Top 6. A well drilled but unspectacular Burnley side filled with players who were thought of as just 'good' Championship players are where they deserve to be. When Dyche goes it will collapse like the proverbial house of cards.

If I didn't know better I would say Dyche's 'team' are currently in overdrive trying to put his name out there for the Everton job.

I believe that the 'MNF' show last night was basically a publicity stunt for Dyche. Then I wake up Tuesday morning and Sky Sports are 'reporting' that Everton are 'interested' in 'talking' to Dyche about their vacant job and their 'sources' say they could be making an approach soon.

I suspect Dyche knows he is never going to be in a better position in getting a job like Everton and his agents are doing their bit to link him to the vacancy and make it clear he's interested should Everton decide to go for him. Notice we've never seen anywhere near this amount of speculation about him previously.

Then the morons at Sky Sports get the call from the agent and come up with a story about 'sources' and 'interest' about 'approaching' him. Conveniently absolving themselves of any responsibility when Everton go elsewhere.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Come on, they are 7th and flying it. Lets me honest here. They have a very good, hardworking squad. When you compare what the likes of Everton and others wasted on shite. Brady and Wood are serious bargains. No team in the league would fancy playing them.

Our biggest hope is that Everton go after Dyche hard and Burnley feck up their next appointment. Otherwise they are in for a very good season. 

I wouldn't describe either of those players as " bargains " . Not at the prices they paid for them.

I agree that they can't be classed as bargains in real money, however in football money, when you look at what others players have cost other clubs, I think he has a point that Wood, Brady, Hendricks & that defender from Brentford certainly look like bargains at the minute.

2 minutes ago, meadows said:

He probably also got his team during summer to persuade Sky to cover that very match too knowing that there would be vacancies and that  his team would already be handily placed after this many matches then arranged with Everton & an Indian bookmaker that Hendrick would score an 83rd minute winner in a 1/0 win - thus also trousering  the ‘nice little earner’ so beloved of the theorists 

He then possibly instructed middle eastern emissaries to send Instruction to Bill Kenwright  that if he was wearing a certain shirt and said the word ‘the’ in his post match conference that that was the signal that he’d leave Turf Moor in a trice

No chance in heaven of course that he simply turned up to discharge his duties in the same professional manner which has characterised his five years at Burnley 

Or that he doesn’t actually hav a team of message-bearers running round at his behest to do his bidding? If ever a bloke seems capable of sorting his own affairs out it’s Dyche

I realise that it’s almost mandatory to conjure up at least half a dozen crackpot conspiracy theories a week about Rovers up but for goodness sake let’s not start dreaming them up regarding what seem like perfectly straightforward and above-board goings on at perfectly well-run clubs and their highly admirable staff

”They’re obsessed with us,” remember not vice versa

Not unheard of that people operating on behalf of a manager/player do groundwork and pass things on to the media to make it clear to all that they are keen on a move.

'Sky Sources' being the favourite.

Clear example off the top of my head was when 'sources' 'opened the door' to Billy Davies getting the job here when it was quite clear we had no interest (foolishly) yet he wanted a crack at it so managed to get a story planted in the Telegraph.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14509387.Billy_Davies_opens_the_door_on_a_move_to_take_charge_at_Blackburn_Rovers/

I don't think its inconceivable that Dyche knows the only way is down from this point on at Burnley. He isn't going to get them any higher than 7th, his stock will never be higher and the chances are Everton is the best opportunity he is going to get as he will never get United/Chelsea/Arsenal. His 'agent' probably wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't ensure Everton knew his client was very much interested in talking about the job.

Dyche is the sort of character that has bouncer(s) accompanying him into Ribble Valley restaurants. Such a tough lad that he waits in the car outside, sends his bouncer in to check a place out and give the all clear before arriving with his cronies for a glass of wine. So I expect he does have henchmen behind him doing his bidding.

5 minutes ago, meadows said:

Not sure  the point of your second paragraph is. His personal life and how he conducts himself on a night out is relevant to an infantile convoluted theory about him staging a Sky  Monday Night Football job application megashow how?

The point being that he is the sort of bloke who has a team of people around him/hangers on even for the most rudimentary of tasks such as going out for a bite to eat in a pub on a Sunday afternoon. You suggested he doesn't have a team of people running around to do his bidding and can sort his own affairs out. I think that if he is a man incapable of even going out for a quiet drink without the need to send heavies into reputable pubs and restaurants to scout the place out first then he is perfectly capable of having people in his inner circle who put word out to agencies like Sky Sports and the like that he would like a word with Everton about their vacancy and before long that snowballs into shortening odds and lots of stories in the papers about his achievements at Burnley.

There's been next to nothing written about him and his achievements until very recently and now he's all over the place. I don't think its unreasonable to suspect at least part of that is down to his comments in the media and possibly people on his side encouraging it in the press. I wasn't suggesting he staged MNF more that he has refused to rule out interest in vacancies and I suspect his agent/team are currently doing their bit to try and move things along, and the best way to promote that is through Sky Sports. If he doesn't have an agent then I'm obviously barking up the wrong tree but assuming he does then that agent would be doing his best to get his client a move, if he wanted it.

He might be happy where he is, but lets be honest, he'd be pretty unusual/daft if he didn't want to move to Everton.

Archived