BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnet (H) 04.11.17

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is only the 2nd game iv seen other than the barrow game in the summer but how on earth nuttall doesnt get a start im amazed. He changed the game coming on someone with abit of direct drive upfront and that wants the ball. He will have clubs sniffing around him before long if not already for his exploits in the reserves

Despite a win, Mowbrays stock falls further.

- Why try another formation, especially when we lack the depth at centre back and the quality at left wing back to play it? The first half was absolutely horrendous, adapting to a new formation, it was slow, boring, predictable.

- The brunt of his signings are like fishes out of water, they are considerably worse than the players already here (plus Dack), Gladwin is a joke, Hart likewise, and Harper does have some good attributes but he lacks intelligence and it gave it away in stupid areas so many times, it makes no sense to let him develop as a 17 year old on loan, when hes quite clearly nowhere near ready and we have a young lad in Tomlinson who could be 4th choice who signed a new contract.

- We played well in the second half but it was down to having loads of attacking players v a tiring and far inferior team. Graham was very good, worked hard, scored a superb goal and made a couple of runs that may have gone in on another day.

- Nuttall again was sharp, he is quite intelligent considering his age,  plus he gives us pace. Has to be 2nd choice behind Graham.

- Dack had a shocker for their goal but made up for it, him and Evans (who also gave it away once or twice in the first half stupidly) looked a class apart from those around them.

Nuttall is hungry, fit and sharp. How many of our other strikers does that apply to even before you factor in he's scoring ?

Enough of these static lazy muppets get Nuttall in and find a big physical guy to pair with him from somewhere. Graham and Samuel as back up, no doubt the Leeds lad will be a winger now Chapman is injured and Bennett has probs :o

Didn't bother with today, after Wigan and Fleetwood couldn't stomach 3 helpings of negative boring football in one week.

Delighted with the win but can't believe we started one up front against a League 2 Club at home. Sounds like we got away with one today.

Nuttall is clearly making himself undroppable but I'm sure Tony will find a way. He's going to have to get really creative with his reasons for not considering him for the League games now.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure the problem is necessarily playing 1 up front, Dack plays as a second striker and having 2 strikers means hed have to go out wide, which is rendering our best player ineffective.

Agree with you about Dack but today we where playing lower league opposition at home,Although personally I wouldn't play 3 at the back with the players at our disposal, Mowbray had his heart set on it today so we could have gone with Nyambe and Hart at wing back or preferably give Doyle a run.Evans and Harper as holding midfielders with Dack playing in behind  Nuttall and Graham

19 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

I agree with some of his criticism here but much of it was his fault. Usually need managers to prepare their team for two halves not one.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/magoo-reacts-to-barnet-result/

Still think 3 goals in one half is good though. Wasn't expecting to win 10-0.

"You’re playing Barnet, with all respect to them. They’re fourth bottom of League Two, so you have to set your own standards really"

Says the man playing 1 up front and 5 defenders.

"I don’t want to say what was said at half-time and full-time but we got a reaction and got the job done in the end"

Nothing to do with putting on another in-form striker then after you got the team selection wrong again?

It's never his fault.

A win is a win and we are in the next round but that result doesn't half paper over some huge cracks. The turning point for me was the introduction of Nuttall whose mobility and aggression had the Barnet defenders worried. He seemed to inspire several others including Graham who up to that point was poor.

I just caught the back end of Mowbrays interview on Radio Lancs but after Bayes and Gallagher spoke about Mowbray saying how he felt let disappointed by certain players who have been chomping at the bit to get a start. I presumed he was talking about Hart, Harper and Gladwin who had shockers. In the case of Hart and Harper the question should have been why were they signed particularly at the expense of better young players we have here already. He then began bigging up our under 23's. Mowbray just doesn't do himself any favours sometimes. His team selection at Rochdale will be interesting in light of his comments.

Interestingly I saw very little of Mowbray and lots of Venus in the second half from my seat in the JW Upper. 

I was told by a reliable source after the game Gladwin is homesick and wants to go back down south. Hopefully that one will happen.

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Agree with you about Dack but today we where playing lower league opposition at home,Although personally I wouldn't play 3 at the back with the players at our disposal, Mowbray had his heart set on it today so we could have gone with Nyambe and Hart at wing back or preferably give Doyle a run.Evans and Harper as holding midfielders with Dack playing in behind  Nuttall and Graham

Would have Caddis over Nyambe anyday.

Get your point about changing to play lower league teams but I think we are at the stage of the season where you should be playing a consistent, settled formation and style of play., especially considering our ambitions.

Can't believe how short we are in wide areas. No pace.

Gladwin is a non-league player who got lucky. He should return to where he belongs but the pay cheque will be miniscule compared to what he gets now.  Only a muppet would pay him what he gets at Rovers. In the meantime he should shave his head so he gets the anonymity he warrants.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would have Caddis over Nyambe anyday.

Get your point about changing to play lower league teams but I think we are at the stage of the season where you should be playing a consistent, settled formation and style of play., especially considering our ambitions.

Can't believe how short we are in wide areas. No pace.

Oh I agree with you about having a settled side and system but Mowbray was going with 3 at the back today no matter what.

Disagree with you about Caddis,doesn't have the energy or fitness to get up and down,positionslly Nyambe is suspect but has the pace and fitness to get up and down and his positional play will improve with experience.You can teach someone to understand the positional side of the game,you can't give Caddis the pace,energy and physique that Nyambe brings to the side

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Oh I agree with you about having a settled side and system but Mowbray was going with 3 at the back today no matter what.

Disagree with you about Caddis,doesn't have the energy or fitness to get up and down,positionslly Nyambe is suspect but has the pace and fitness to get up and down and his positional play will improve with experience.You can teach someone to understand the positional side of the game,you can't give Caddis the pace,energy and physique that Nyambe brings to the side

Three at the back today?

Have to say Carlsberg do organise days.

I get to commentate at Ewood Park a place i hold to my heart for years watching Blackburn.

I see a good battled 2nd half victory 

And leave to find out my beloved Barrow have resigned Grant Holt 12 years after he left us 

Have a great evening all i have a feeling i wont remember mine :lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah Williams,Downing and Mulgrew in the first half.I wasn't there I'm going off the radio commentary.

Looked more to me that downing was playing right back first half then moved into centre half 2nd half when nuttall came on for hart

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah Williams,Downing and Mulgrew in the first half.I wasn't there I'm going off the radio commentary.

That's completely wrong mate. It was a back four for the whole game.

Just now, Adam1875 said:

Looked more to me that downing was playing right back first half then moved into centre half 2nd half when nuttall came on for hart

I doubt downing was playing right back?Is Caddis our new pacey winger to replace Chapman.The let journalist Said it was 3 at the back first half and although I listened to your commentary 2nd half which was great by the way and thank you,I listened to the first half on BBC radio and they also said it was a back 3 first half

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not a fan of Nyambe at all, just fast in my opinion. No brain at all.

Caddis is not up to much physically but he is technically sound, intelligent and provides width and a dangerous delivery. 

Archived