BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnet (H) 04.11.17

Conway, Chapman and Lenihan out injured. Smallwood and Samuel banned. 

So my team would be 

Luetwiler

Nyambe Downing Wharton Hart

Evans Whittingham

Bennett              Dack          Gladwin

Nuttall

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Conway, Chapman and Lenihan out injured. Smallwood and Samuel banned. 

So my team would be 

Luetwiler

Nyambe Downing Wharton Hart

Evans Whittingham

Bennett              Dack          Gladwin

Nuttall

My opinion of Antonnson is very, very low but I think I'd play him instead of Gladwin. That tells you all you need to know about our attacking strength.

There is no doubt about it but whoever plays tomorrow that will be the worst team Rovers have ever fielded in the history of the club.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My opinion of Antonnson is very, very low but I think I'd play him instead of Gladwin. That tells you all you need to know about our attacking strength.

There is no doubt about it but whoever plays tomorrow that will be the worst team Rovers have ever fielded in the history of the club.

I would agree , Gladwin is up there in the worst ever player category !!

Elliot Ward would be another ...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15637720._We_have_to_be_mindful_of_that____Fatigue_levels__bookings_and_not_overloading_players_will_be_key_to_Rovers_boss__selection/?ref=mac

Luetwiler, Harper, Hart and the blonde lummox set for inclusion. Bennett and Evans one booking away from a ban. U23's playing tonight at Leyland so that complicates matters as there are injuries there too. Surely the first team is priority?

Anyone going to this? I haven't decided, not sure I can face another 90 minutes of sideways passing.

20 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15637720._We_have_to_be_mindful_of_that____Fatigue_levels__bookings_and_not_overloading_players_will_be_key_to_Rovers_boss__selection/?ref=mac

Luetwiler, Harper, Hart and the blonde lummox set for inclusion. Bennett and Evans one booking away from a ban. U23's playing tonight at Leyland so that complicates matters as there are injuries there too. Surely the first team is priority?

Anyone going to this? I haven't decided, not sure I can face another 90 minutes of sideways passing.

Surely Evans should feature given his recent lack of games, then he can deliberately get booked late on and be suspended for the Checkatrade Cup next week.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Surely Evans should feature given his recent lack of games, then he can deliberately get booked late on and be suspended for the Checkatrade Cup next week.

But with NI having a World Cup Play Off match next Thursday will Mowbray run the risk of upsetting the NI manager? Then he can be fit to play for them and come back injured.

• J*B pinned this topic

One thread proposed a boycott but that would be pretty meaningless. Should have boycotted the league cup game in August or the FA Cup game against United last season (I don't say that lightly) if it was to have any impact. It will be higher than the Crewe attendance I'm sure but only because its an afternoon kickoff. 

Don't understand any remarks that a loss would be good. Losses are never a good thing. Plus at least with a draw maybe some fans could take the opportunity to pop round to Jerome's place. 

Time for Leutwiler to start and see what he can offer. If he isn't given a chance then there's no point him being here.

I'd like to see Platt or Wharton given a start at CB with Mulgrew rested. Travis at RB. Nuttall should start.

Where's Harper these days? About time he had a game.

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Jesus christ, just read that article. Does anyone else find this absolutely ridiculous and extremely worrying from Mowbray? I have highlighted the parts that really stood out to me. What the absolute hell?? Should intensity levels not always be high? Am I missing something here or not understand the word intensity properly? Seriously, I can't believe what I just read. I can't imagine any manager of any other team actually saying that. If the top teams can run their bolloxes off ie Man city and Liverpool and if every other team in League 1 can do it at a minimum, why the hell can't we??

In fact I would actually say our intensity levels away from home are higher than at home, that is our bloody problem! 

Can someone please correct me if I am wrong here 

He said: “I think we need to look at various things – at accrued bookings, fatigue levels of certain players and we look at their numbers for every game.

“Their numbers for the last two games are the highest in terms of intensity levels so they have put in a real shift in the last two games.

“We have to be mindful of that and there are not a few more hamstring injuries around the corner because the numbers from their GPS systems are high and we have to be careful not to overload players that we see as really important.

“I think each game dictates (the level of intensity).

“Going away to Wigan we worked really hard during the week on a gameplan of trying to be on the front foot and taking them out of their passing rhythm and that required a high intensity.

“The intensity levels away from home hadn’t been particularly high because of how we set up.

Sure there are others but had a quick look through the 11v 11 website and the only time I can find that Rovers have been knocked out of the FA cup in the first round in recent history was in the 71/72 season beaten by Port Vale in a reply. Granted we have not taken part  at this early stage that often (Congratulations Venky's  )

Hopefully ToMo takes it seriously as it is our last route in to Europe this season, only 3 years behind schedule :) 

I'm with you big dog. The man's an absolute clown. If a player needs resting, rest him and put someone else in who can deliver the intensity levels required, neh demanded of a professional footballer . You can't be going in to any game half arsed because the opta stats showed a good work out a few days ago. Ffs 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Time for Leutwiler to start and see what he can offer. If he isn't given a chance then there's no point him being here.

I'd like to see Platt or Wharton given a start at CB with Mulgrew rested. Travis at RB. Nuttall should start.

Where's Harper these days? About time he had a game.

I totally disagree regarding the choice of goalkeeper. Raya clearly lacks confidence with certain aspects of his game, those that he has time to think about and should be worked on day in day out by the coaching staff. I would hazard an educated guess that Leutweiler is the Antonsson and Ward equivalent of goalkeepers. The difference being one mistake is castigated as far as goalkeepers are concerned. Raya may have flapped at one and his kicking at times is suspect, in the overall scheme of things, so what, he's the least of our problems.

Our primary issues aren't the goalkeeper: in my honest opinion, they are everywhere else first and foremost, all over the park, I started to list them but crikey it'd be 'war and peace', even at this level, we're that bad. 

Archived