BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Fa Cup game 6.1.17

What would people team for this? Would anyone pick the strongest team or a weaker team 

My team would be

Luetwiler 

Nyambe Downing Wharton Hart

Conway Evans Tomlinson Whittingham

Samuel Nuttall

Subs:- Raya Ward Caddis Hardcastle Dack Bennett Butterworth

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we take this seriously and field the strongest team possible. The fans love an FA Cup run and not to play our best team is an insult to the competition and the opposition. That means playing Raya and Dack.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What would people team for this? Would anyone pick the strongest team or a weaker team 

My team would be

Luetwiler 

Nyambe Downing Wharton Hart

Conway Evans Tomlinson Whittingham

Samuel Nuttall

Subs:- Raya Ward Caddis Hardcastle Dack Bennett Butterworth

If you are going that route then Downing needs a 'rest' too.

• J*B pinned this topic
49 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I hope we take this seriously and field the strongest team possible. The fans love an FA Cup run and not to play our best team is an insult to the competition and the opposition. That means playing Raya and Dack.

I think the issue is Jim is that the Shrewsbury game is the week after. If Dack plays and gets injured then he's missing arguably our most important game to date.

I don't get the thing with resting goalkeepers though. There's no reason they should get fatigued, particularly not at Raya's age. Maybe a 37 year old GK might need a rest from diving all over the place twice a week but a young lad like Raya should be more than capable of playing on Sat.

58 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

League game is more important at this stage. 

Plus we dont want any injuries or Suspension to key players like Mulgrew, Williams, Smallwood, Dack, Bennett and Graham.  

Raya

Caddis.      Ward.       Wharton.    Williams

Whittingham. Tomlinson

Bennett.                                      Conway

Samuel.     Nuttall

Subs, Travis and Doyle Rankin Costello

Wonder how Hull will approach this. They're getting closer to the drop zone in the Championship. Can't afford any injuries or distractions from that but Adkins might see this as a chance to get up and running and get some confidence into their ranks.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Is for the Shrewsbury game. Need him to hold the ball up..very tough game

His performances in the last 2 games is what we expected every game. 

Oh, right. It's just a month or so back you said he was finished, legs were gone and we need to get rid. Now he's our key man for our key game.

No problem.

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Oh, right. It's just a month or so back you said he was finished, legs were gone and we need to get rid. Now he's our key man for our key game.

No problem.

His performances wasnt good enough before the last 2 games. 

No one can say his work rate and hold up play before the last 2 games wasnt good enough. He looked lazy and uninterested. If you disagree fine and move on. I clearly have my opinions and you have yours. 

No one can say his work rate and hold up play before the last 2 games wasnt good enough. He looked lazy and uninterested. If you disagree fine and move on. I clearly have my opinions and you have yours. 

Is he putting himself in the shop window ?

Oh, of course. I'm all for opinions, right or wrong. It just must be incredibly embarrassing for you to have been so forthright about something only to turn around a matter of weeks later.

What did you call those wrong about Mowbray again? Embarrassing, shameful etc etc. How the tide changes.

Got my ticket today. After 3 draws think we need to try and get back on the winning trail and build some momentum asap so I hope we field a strong side.

The only player I would consider wrapping in cotton wool and resting is ironically the one most likely to win it for us - Dack. Then again he could get injured falling over at home, or coming into work etc. On balance I'd probably play him and bring him off after an hour with us 3 up :P or if not start him on the bench with two out of three of Samuel/Nuttall/Graham up front.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Obviously he did not appear lazy and uninterested in the eyes of Mowbray who went on to select him.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Oh, of course. I'm all for opinions, right or wrong. It just must be incredibly embarrassing for you to have been so forthright about something only to turn around a matter of weeks later.

What did you call those wrong about Mowbray again? Embarrassing, shameful etc etc. How the tide changes.

Chaddy has been fairly consistent this season in his views about Graham and imo he's been absolutely spot on. Let's not have the wool pulled over our eyes by a couple  of better performances recently, the player has been bloody awful this season. He didn't turn up until mid to end of November last season either.

If anyone came in with a reasonable offer for him this month I'd drive him there for free.

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The fans love an FA Cup run and not to play our best team is an insult to the competition and the opposition.

Mowbray is probably going to leave Rovers (or be sacked) if he doesn't get us up this season. He isn't going to be remembered for having a good cup run, but failing to fulfil his priority - promotion. What would you honestly do? Play your best team? Don't you think that's quite risky, particularly with our jaded-looking players? If you played your best side in the 3rd round of the Cup, then I'd suggest that you are valuing the cup over our knife-edged promotion chances, which doesn't seem sensible to me.

I think the cup competitions nowadays are great for those who are looking like mid-table candidates. Not much to gain or lose from the lucrative league positions, but worth a gamble by going for it with your best players in the cups. That's not us this season.

If you're going to blame anyone for a weakened Rovers side, don't look at the club, but the FA, instead. They set up the stakes, and it's increasingly geared towards the league, year on year.

Archived