BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League One team of The Year

It’s mad to connect awards like these with Rovers under Venkys. 

Well done to the 3. Mulgrew is way to good for this level and Dack has been immense, hope he scoops the top prize. I think Raya has some flaws to iron out but has the makings of a decent keeper if he can push on.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Credit to Raya, but I do feel like hes got a bit of luck with Henderson being ineligible as a loan player I think and Walton likewise. Feel like one of them 2 would have won it otherwise.

I don't know about other keepers in this league but I've kept my eye on Henderson ever since his Ewood antics and he's not been great. He's let a few in from long distance that youd be disappointed if they beat Raya, and there is debate over on that humorous Shrews message board about which of their  keepers should be number 1.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Credit to Raya, but I do feel like hes got a bit of luck with Henderson being ineligible as a loan player I think and Walton likewise. Feel like one of them 2 would have won it otherwise.

How on earth does Raya get into the reckoning when the Wigan goalie has conceded nine goals less than Raya.

2 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

I thought Smallwood might have sneaked in as well,just shows what others think about David Raya when a few on here don't rate him.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/april/rovers-trio-named-in-the-league-one-team-of-the-year/

Its not a case of people not rating him, its a case of people being frightened by his, at times, diabolical ball distribution, did you not see the MK match? He did it about 5 or 6 times, two or three of them leading to MK chances. If he's playing in the championship next season then those will be goals for the opposition. Need to sort it. 

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because like I said, hes on loan at Wigan and therefore ineligible for it, I think anyway.

Is that the criteria if he's played all season for a league one team on loan.

3 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Simply, because Raya is considered to be better - and to think you wanted rid of him!

Dont think it is as "simple" as that, both Henderson at Shrewsbury and Walton at Wigan are I believe ineligible as they are on loan, 2 teams who have conceded less goals, albeit I do think that Walton had an injury and missed a few games.

If Henderson was eligible I think he may have just pipped Raya however he has been fantastic this season, improved immensely and will only continue to get better with experience. Fair play to the lad. He's earned his place in that team despite the odd dodgy kick. I find it strange that loan players arnt taken into consideration when they have played the whole season in the league. Are you sure this is fact. If so it's ridiculous

43 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If Henderson was eligible I think he may have just pipped Raya however he has been fantastic this season, improved immensely and will only continue to get better with experience. Fair play to the lad. He's earned his place in that team despite the odd dodgy kick. I find it strange that loan players arnt taken into consideration when they have played the whole season in the league. Are you sure this is fact. If so it's ridiculous

Saw it on twitter in response to someone asking why Godfrey and Henderson werent being considered. Not 100% sure. Agree its stupid if so.

All three extremely well deserved.

Mulgrew and Dack are extremely obvious choices and Raya has pulled off spectacular saves all season. I lost count how many times I saw "another worldie from Raya" on posts on Monday...

When Raya gets the basics solidly reliable he is going to be an astonishingly good keeper. 

Archived