BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next season budget already in place

On 24/04/2018 at 12:02, islander200 said:

If Fulham don't go up then you would expect both Cairney and Sessegnon to be sold on for big money come the end of the season so they probably would have the money to buy Dack if they where interested.

Dack won’t be sold. Can you imagine Mowbray being told that was happening? If anything’s happening in summer, we’re buying not selling!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, scotchrover said:

Dack won’t be sold. Can you imagine Mowbray being told that was happening? If anything’s happening in summer, we’re buying not selling!

When PSG lure Neymar from barca, then you suddenly realise that every player at every club the world over has a price. If that price is matched then they are gone

Just now, scotchrover said:

I don't think the club will sell him...my point was Fulham could have the money to buy him.And to be fair if they did come in with a sizeable offer then i do think Dacks head could be turned.He is from down south and if he is still seeing that love island girl she will be in his ear to get back down south

5 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

When PSG lure Neymar from barca, then you suddenly realise that every player at every club the world over has a price. If that price is matched then they are gone

He only left Barca because he didn’t want to share the limelight with Messi. ?

6 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

That deal was struck by "Sponsors" but it concurs with "if the price is right" theory, which is as it has always been.

TM will want to keep Dack and will tell Pune this. The owners will then set a rediculously high minimum valuation to apease TM. If this were to be met then game on, I think I have seen TM say to the effect that every player has his price.

So basically the budget has been drawn up, venkys just need to sign off on it. 

I hope Mowbray and Waggott are going there with a budget that actually challenges the owners to keep pushing forward. Not just a budget they are sure they will sign off in. From Mowbrays comments it's the latter. 

When venkys accounts are released next we will pretty much see though, won't we? It's really that simple. 

I expect there will be 2 budgets. The first will be the general club budget in terms of running the operation and including the general staff, running costs etc. Waggott and Cheston will have prepared this knowing our financial performance and expected costs/revenues over the next 12 months now Championship football has been secured. The second will be the playing staff budget which I expect Mowbray will be going and trying to obtain additional cash for. e.g. some spending money for new players that will require Venkys to get the chequebook out and sanction spending above and beyond the essential bare minimum.

I suppose it is to be read as good news that the meeting seems to already be scheduled for shortly after the season has concluded. I'd be worried if there was no meeting planned or it was being left until June.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hope Mowbray and Waggott are going there with a budget that actually challenges the owners to keep pushing forward. Not just a budget they are sure they will sign off in. From Mowbrays comments it's the latter. 

When venkys accounts are released next we will pretty much see though, won't we? It's really that simple. 

I suppose it'll be up to Waggott and Mowbray to judge what is optimistic but also reasonable. Try to push too far and he might end up getting the Lambert treatment. 

It is going to be a bit of a watershed meeting and will identify Venkys intentions and desire for Rovers.

TM will at minimum want a budget that he believes can make us competitive in the Championship.

Bearing in mind what the budgets will be for the newly PL relegated and those on PL parachute money the outcome of the Pune summit is awaited with hope and some trepidation.

Operation "Charm Offensive" due to commence soon.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Think that's a bit of wishful thinking.

The delegation will do as they are told otherwise they'll be pointed in the direction of the exit door.

There is that fear after all the nonsense that has gone on before will return in the summer. Possibly, maybe, perhaps they've decided on a level of normality with Mowbrray and Waggott doing the general running of the club, and no more agents, shelving salesmen, TV pundits...............

It's the hope that kills you.

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

There is that fear after all the nonsense that has gone on before will return in the summer. Possibly, maybe, perhaps they've decided on a level of normality with Mowbrray and Waggott doing the general running of the club, and no more agents, shelving salesmen, TV pundits...............

It's the hope that kills you.

We just need to pray they wear earmuffs all summer and only take them off when TM or Waggot are on the blower because as usual there'll be a few trying to bend the ear now the club has assets on the playing staff again.

Those Venky whisperers need to be ignored.

Archived