BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next season budget already in place

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't say they were the best possible owners we should hope for, so why do I have to qualify it? 

I bet we will spend more this summer than a lot of clubs in the championship. They aren't going anywhere, so I would see that as a positive. Would you not? 

You don't need to tell me the damage that had been done since they took over 

image.thumb.png.a1fc5d643b021505b9df4aefdc9e21b0.png

Did you not? :/

I definitely don't consider Venkys "not going anywhere" as a positive.

The fact you think we will outspend most Championship clubs is laughable. Based on what?

And clearly I do as you seem to have forgotten it all already with the indication that them "putting in money" is something that we should be thankful for. They are doing their job as owners of a football club. There isn't a single club owner in the country that refuses to put money in to cover day to day costs - providing their club isn't 'self sufficient' of course, which most aren't.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

That’s not the point

The have bankrolled their errors with their own cash.

Now we are in a financial position where we aren’t losing money hand over fist. Phillip I think was the one on the podcast, said they are use to putting in 10-20m a season just to keep us going. Might not need to do that this year. Give it Tony and see if he can build a team challenging to get into the playoffs. If we somehow got promoted then Venkys could get most of their money back which is crazy to imagine.

And so the bloody well should . If I crash my car in to someone else and pay for the repairs I don't expect praise. Meanwhile the damage to the other driver is irrepairable. 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

image.thumb.png.a1fc5d643b021505b9df4aefdc9e21b0.png

Did you not? :/

I definitely don't consider Venkys "not going anywhere" as a positive.

The fact you think we will outspend most Championship clubs is laughable. Based on what?

And clearly I do as you seem to have forgotten it all already with the indication that them "putting in money" is something that we should be thankful for. They are doing their job as owners of a football club. There isn't a single club owner in the country that refuses to put money in to cover day to day costs - providing their club isn't 'self sufficient' of course, which most aren't.

The post you quoted isn't mine. I was saying "great isn't it?" to the positivity shown by the poster who made the comment. But fair play for going back and circling stuff 

We spent around a million in January on transfer fees. Plenty of championship clubs didn't even spend that. 

I reckon we will spend more. So let's just see. 

This is the venkys. The same people less than 2years ago turned warnock away for ex dingle coyle.not 6,7 years ago. Xmas time we could be rock bottom of the championship with dack firing goals in for fun at Norwich. It's far to early to start giving any credit to that lot

Don't post much these days but... Fail to see the point in even mentioning those keaners in current circumstances. If you're happy with the club then be happy, don't go throwing underserved praise around to those that don't deserve any, they should be funding their mistakes. They have a long way to go before they get anywhere near their promise to 'respect Jacks legacy'. With parts of the ground closed, cleaners laid off, the worst managers in recent history appointed, overseen losses to Burnley, amounted considerable debt, disrespected the fans, sold our best players and relegated us twice... They've got a long way to go before they deserve any credit.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A snow storm before the game would be handy.

Will there ever be a day where we are doing so well that they will return. I would say even if we were in the premiership, they wouldn't get a positive reception. As long as they stay in India and put money in, that's best for al involved. 

If we win a cup I would still accept booing of them followed by a polite and 40% sarcastic round of applause 

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even shit owners would be at Doncaster on Tuesday. Anybody think the Chicken Chokers will be there ?

It’s a good point though. They should make an appearance, even if it’s not at Donny it should be against Oxford.

This is likely to be their only success in their time as owners of our football club, you’d think they would at least try to take advantage of it and show their faces.

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It’s a good point though. They should make an appearance, even if it’s not at Donny it should be against Oxford.

This is likely to be their only success in their time as owners of our football club, you’d think they would at least try to take advantage of it and show their faces.

Wow, that would be weird though, wouldn't it? 

Wow, that would be weird though, wouldn't it? 

Totally weird but Mogga is trying to repair some of the damage between the clubs and the fans, Rovers now have a decent and interactive social media team, there is plenty of club/fan engagement going on, if they can’t try and leap onto the back of a promotion and try make some headway with the fans, it will never happen.

In reality it’s probably gone too far for them to salvage anything but you’d think they’d at least be trying.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Totally weird but Mogga is trying to repair some of the damage between the clubs and the fans, Rovers now have a decent and interactive social media team, there is plenty of club/fan engagement going on, if they can’t try and leap onto the back of a promotion and try make some headway with the fans, it will never happen.

In reality it’s probably gone too far for them to salvage anything but you’d think they’d at least be trying.

Ya, biting the bullet now would probably be a good idea. No doubt they will be deservedly booed, but they need to get it out of the way at some point  if they are planning on sticking around, which it appears they are 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Tony is going out of his way to try and get fans back. Jesus on TV against Peterborough, after we equalised, the atmosphere sounded fantastic. There is a magic in Ewood due to what the club had achieved in the past, now we have an actual magician in Dack. Maybe something special can happen 

Anyway, too involved, even tough watching from afar. I'm going for a beer

What a season. So enjoyable 

BDS out for tonight 

Thanks everyone 

Ya, biting the bullet now would probably be a good idea. No doubt they will be deservedly booed, but they need to get it out of the way at some point  if they are planning on sticking around, which it appears they are 

I doubt they would ever be forgiven by the fans.

I certainly don’t think I will ever forgive them for destroying this club (and it is still destroyed) but if I was them and I was planning to stick around, I’d be trying my best to get fans on board.

• Backroom

The best way they can keep fans on board is by remaining silent and out of sight, imo. I feel like any appearance by Venky's in the last few games would sour proceedings. If they continue to back Mowbray and let him speak for the club that is good enough for me. Getting promoted is nice but it's still a long way from competing for a playoff place in the Championship, which we were doing only a few seasons ago. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even shit owners would be at Doncaster on Tuesday. Anybody think the Chicken Chokers will be there ?

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they know we have a game on tuesday

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't Tyrone but as I've said for long enough, a really heart felt statement from Madame or Balaji, IN PERSON, would go a hell of a long way.

20 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I don't Tyrone but as I've said for long enough, a really heart felt statement from Madame or Balaji, IN PERSON, would go a hell of a long way.

A few ways of looking at that, for some fans it might be what they want to hear and they do owe the supporters an honest apology. For many, their words are and will always be meaningless. Many will see through it and think it opportunistic to use a promotion from 2 leagues below where they took over to try and gain our respect/trust/forgiveness. At this point actions will be far more important. All things considered, it may be better for them to put up (the money), shut up and hopefully somewhere down the line, sell us to responsible business people. 

On 19/04/2018 at 15:20, Fraserkirky said:

I think we need a towering centre half, quality centre midfielder and massive striker or two, whilst signing Chapman and Armstrong. 

Nyambe and Travis can fight it out for RB. 

Disagree on towering centre half, for me thats Lenihan.

I think we need another centre back thats of starter quality. Lenihan and Charlie both have injury concerns. We need another for competition and cover.

That then makes downing our 4th CB, which is pretty decent for a 4th choice.

Archived